Chapter 76

Kass...I can't stay...I want to..."he whispered to her in a sad tone.

She sighed heavily sitting on the edgeof her bed throwing the towel she had on her head at the top of herbed. Bruno picked it up folding it holding it in his hands. Makeit up to me my ass. Shethought to herself. Bruno touched her chin lifting her head up tolook at her.

"I'm sorry." was all he couldsay.

She shook her head trying to fight allthe emotions she was feeling about the situation. It'sonly going to get worse....shethought to herself. "I know you are. But that doesn't make memiss you any less." she told him. "And don't tell me you'regoing to make it up to me, Bruno."

He touched the ends of her hairtwirling it in his fingers looking at her sad face.

"Please don't cry,Kassandra..baby...I hate to see you like this." he told hersweetly. "I will see you tomorrow." He kissed her foreheadturning around walking down the hallway. She didn't move from theedge of the bed trying not to cry as he walked away from her. "Ineed you, B...." she said under her breath throwing herself on thebed.

"Kassie?" Amy came upstairs tocheck on her roommate. "I know it sucks...." she said laying onthe bed hugging her.

"I just wish he was here...."Kassie told Amy.

**

Bruno walked into his quiet emptyhouse throwing his bags on the floor by the kitchen. He looked aroundtrying to figure out what he was going to do next. It'sthe only thing I can do...hethought to himself. He unzipped his bag, grabbed a notepad andstarted writing. He wrote until his fingers started hurting turningthe pages so quickly that he cut himself several times leaving smallpaper cuts on his right hand. He wrote until he saw a glimmer of suncoming through the back of his house. He took a deep breath trying todecide what he was going to do. In three hours there were going to bepeople from Hawaii in his house setting up for an interview about theGrammy's. Fuck it.He thought to himself going back to the notebook writing more. He set his phone for an hour later so he could take a shower and getdressed.

"Bruno?" he heard a voice comingfrom his front door..

"Kass? Is that you?" he askedlooking over to the front of the house to see her wearing the sameoutfit she was that past evening.

"I need you, Bruno. I need you likenothing in the world..." she told him seeing him walking towardher. He kissed her head trying to keep himself together knowing thatthey were feeling exactly the same thing. He needed her too. He waslost without her. He felt complete with her in his arms that veryminute.

"I have to...."

"You have to get ready...I know."she finished his sentence.

"Stay right there, Kittie." hereplied her pointing to the couch grabbing the notebook from thecoffee table. "You can't read that yet." he told her.

"I'm sure it will be amazing."she responded with a slight smile.

"You didn't sleep either, baby...goto sleep." he responded to her sitting down on the couch. He threwher the blanket that was sitting on the chair.

Bruno took a shower and changed into ared plaid shirt, black t-shirt, skinny jeans and his green boatshoes. He walked into the room, now fully engulfed in sunlight to seeKassie curled up in a ball at the edge of the couch sound asleep. Hewalked over to her sitting on the edge of the couch to rub her armwaking her up. "Kass...."

"Huh?" she asked with her eyesstill closed squeezing his arm with her other arm.

'You gotta get up, baby. They'regoing to be here in a few minutes..." he told her.

"Finnneee..." she said lifting herhead up opening her eyes squinting at the sunlight.

"How do you look so perfect when youwake up in the morning?" he asked touching her cheek brushing thehair out of her face.

"Stop it." she responded pushinghim so hard that he fell off the couch onto the ground scrapping hischin against the glass coffee table.

"Ouch..." he exclaimed running hisfinger along his chin.

"Oh, no! Bruno!" she respondedtouching his chin as he cringed.

"It's..ewww...." she said seeingthe blood dripping from his chin onto the new sparkling wood floor.She got up from the couch running to get him a something to stop thebleeding.

"Kass...it's not stopping..." hetold her. "Ewwww....."

"Oh my god..." she said sittingdown on the side of him pushing the table off to the side. "There'sa huge...B...I don't think it's gonna stop bleeding...you needstitches...." she pulled him up careful not to get the bloodanywhere else. "Hang on. let me get you more...you're not goingto bleed in my car, Brunz..." she told him frantically pulling himout of the house.

"Kass..." Bruno said looking upseeing a group of people walking up toward them.

"Oh, Bruno...what happened?" thedirector asked.

"My girlfriend tried to kill me."he said in a joking voice.

"He cut himself. He needsstitches...." she told them pointing to the blood soaked towel.

"Oh...oh dear..." the femaleassistant walked up next to them. "It's a good thing we have allday..." she told them.

Bruno's manager ran up behind them. "I'll stay here and get everything..."

"Yeah...yeah..." he said cringingwhile he squeezed Kassie's hand.

"I'll get him back as soon as Ican..." she said pulling him toward her car.

It was still early enough in themorning that there were only two of three people at the hospital.

"Kass...don't let me die...." hesaid glancing at the items used to repair his chin.

"You won't..." she told himrunning her finger along her forehead from her car accident yearsago.

"Maybe I'll have a bad ass scarlike yours.." he said with a smile touching her face.

"It's not that bad ass...." shesighed.

"Take a picture, Kittie..." hetold her pointing to his phone. "Come here..." he took her emptyhand dragging her rolling chair next to him.

"Now smile...." he told her.

"Brunooo....that's so...." shesaid quickly feeling the flash. She squeezed her lips tightly nearhis cheek as he snapped the picture.

"It's perfect." he respondedshowing Kassie a picture of her face.