Chapter 35

Kassie sat on her mom's couch next to her best friend from high school Amy.

"So you two are like fine and back together?" Amy asked her.

"Oh no, no, no no. Hardly." Kassie answered.

"Then what the hell is going on?" she asked.

"I couldn't tell you after he stormed out the door on Sunday. I haven't talked to him since then." Kassie answered.

"What the hell happened?" Amy asked perplexed. "Y'all always had your shit together."

"Well, not anymore. He's exactly what his sister told me. He's a cocky asshole who thinks he can get into any girl's pants and then flatters her with flowers from Lowe's telling her she's the only one in the world for him."

"Wait..he did that?" she asked.

"Ha..yeah."

"Oh my god. That's so him!" Amy answered.

"I know. And that's what I hate. He's all him..all gushy and sweet and acts like he's 15...but then he starts talking to other girls and it's like 'woah' he looked at them the same why he looks at me and I don't know what think about it. And of yeah..he has a list longer than our graduating class of the girls he's slept with since we broke up." she told her friend.

"I hardly doubt he's slept with 600 something girls, Kass." Amy reassured her.

"Well, enough to fit into his cell phone at least." Kassie answered. "And more than me. And I was the..nevermind." Kassie stopped herself.

"Then you have to up your game, Kassie." Amy responded.

"Ugh..games." Kassie rolled her eyes at her friend's reaction.

**

Bruno drug Kassie up her stairs late on a Thursday night.

"Shhh...Bruno....geez. It's late." she whispered to him tripping on her shoes.

"You be quiet, Kassandra...god. Give me your keys..." he said grabbing her clutch. She didn't hesitate letting him unlock the door for her. She wobbled into the room falling down face first on the couch laughing.

"Brunnnooo..I had so much fun tonight. Tell me you did too...." she cried rolling over stretching out on the couch. He opened the fridge throwing a bottle of water at her. It landed on her stomach making a loud noise. "Ouch." she responded.

Bruno came over to her sitting in the big chair opposite the couch.

"Kittie...you get really red when you get drunk." he told her.

"You get really hot when you're drunk, Brunito." she slurred.

"Kittie, you're too drunk for this tonight..." he stopped her flirtation in its tracks remembering that he actually liked her.

"Fine. Whatever, Brunito." she said kicking off her shoes rolling over to fall asleep. Bruno went to the front of the room turning off the light grabbing a blanket for her.

"Good night, Kassandra..." he said throwing it on her kissing her on the head.

"Brunoooooo...don't go." she told him trying to stand up getting caught in the blanket.

"I wasn't going to..." he said grabbing a side pillow getting under the blanket with her.

They each fell asleep quickly not waking up as her neighbors and the rest of the world awoke in the morning.

"Did you hear something?" Kassie asked Bruno hitting his head rolling him off the couch.

"Ouch..." he said standing up rubbing his head.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Kittie..it's mom..." they heard.

"Shit....shit...oh shit..." Kassie said to herself pushing Bruno toward her bedroom. "Stay there..." she told him pointing to the bathroom. He hurried himself into the bathroom before she opened the door. "Moooooommmmmmmmm....and Bernie?" Kassie responded as the door opened.