Chapter 77

"Brunnnooooo...." Kassie laid on his bed throwing her arms around him. "I'm going to misssss yooouuuuuu."

"I'm going to miss you morrrreeee.... " he responded kissing her head. "But I'll see you in April..." he told her.

"If I'm not dead by then." she responded.

"You'll survive, Kass. I have faith that you can do it." he told her running his fingers through her hair.

"I have to find the faith to survive the distance." she told herself.

"And believe in me." he told her.

"Yes, Brunz. I believe in you. I just wish it wasn't this long." the distrust between them that had caused both of them heartache earlier in the month was still fresh and needed to be cared for. "But I need you to believe in me too."

He laughed at her. "Like you ever get in trouble." he told her.

**

Kassie sat at her desk at home typing and listening to her Pandora station. She was freelancing – blogging, writing and even making small appearances for MTV. In the middle of a typing rhythm, her phone started to ring. "Holy shit..." she jumped seeing it was her manager, Eloisia.

"Kassie....Maxium named you one of their hottest 100 of the year..." Eloisia informed her.

"Wait..wait..wait...what?" Kassie asked shocked.

"You're number fifty. And they want you to do a spread for them."

"Oh my gosh...no way!" Kassie exclaimed as she heard the doorbell ring. She ran to the door listening to her manager talk about the details. She opened the door seeing a man with a huge vase full of flowers. She mouthed thank you to the delivery man with a smile still listening to Eliosia who had told her that she would be doing some press with the other girls named to include Katy Perry, Rihanna, Megan Fox and even Heidi Klum. "Okay...I can't wait...!" Kassie finished the conversation leaning in to smell the flowers. To my number one hottest girl She read the card making her laugh. She placed the flowers on the kitchen table in a way that she would see them as she continued to work. After finishing up an article and sending it to her editor she took her phone and texted Bruno/

Thank you.

**

Two days later Kassie sat in a make-up chair watching her new found make-up artist and stylist fussing over her.

"Are you going to straighten my hair or are you leaving it curly?" she asked the stylist.

"What do you want?" the stylist, Kristen, asked.

"I don't know...maybe straight because that's the way it always is..." Kassie said blinking her eyes as the make-up artist put mascara on her eyes.

"Alright..." she answered pulling the straighter out.

The photo shoot took about an hour and a half. Kassie had forgotten what it was like to have people fuss over her.

"Oh..I love that..." Kassie said pointing to the picture of her in skinny jeans and a sleeveless red shirt.

"I think we'll use this one..." the director said looking at one with her in transition holding a t-shirt to put on over the bright pink bikini top.

"Oh...I do like that..." she said.

"This will be out in a few days." the director told her.

**

Kassie sat on her bed opening her ichat. Bruno texted her telling her he missed her way too much and needed to see her face to get through the day. She kept on the make-up and the clothes that they have dressed her in.

"Babbby, babbby, babbyyyy ohhhh...." Bruno started singing as his window popped up.

"Hey sexy." she waved at him.

"Holy shit, Kittie. Your eyes pop with the eyeliner like that." he complimented her. "Why didn't you go out after? That's what you're supposed to do."

"B...the only person I wanted to see dressed like this was you. And you're not here..." she said sadly faking a tear.

"Oh, Kassandra....I miss you too."

"You are the only one that can call me that without me getting upset, Bruno." she laughed at him.

"Kassandra, Kassandra, Kassandra...I lovveee yooouu."

"Tell me what you're doing, Brunz. You know what I'm doing.,.." she asked him. Oh god. I'm going to regret this...he never shuts up.

"....and then he busted his ass..." Bruno finished what he was talking about laughing an incredibly infectious laugh that made her laugh. "Right? It was so funny!" Bruno told her. "Hey...Kittie..." he started to think of something else.

"That's not what you're wearing in the spread is it?" he asked looking at the skinny strap trough his camera.

"Yeah...I think this is the one they are going to use." she answered him. "You look disappointed, Bruno. What's wrong?"

"I just thought...I don't know...it's just...a lot..." he told her.

"You want me to tell them my boyfriend is jealous?" she asked him.

"Yeah..." he said honestly. "It's just not you, sweetheart."

"Bruno...shut up." she told him sarcastically not sure if he was being serious.

"Kassandra....it's like everyone is going to see you like that..and you're mine..."

"B...quit being stupid." she told him. He looked at her trying to read her sarcasm. "You're being serious! Oh my gosh! I can't get upset at you for being with some random European celebrity but you can get mad at me for being number 50 in Maxium? You're being a hypocrite times a million right now."

"No. Kass. I'm not." he told her.

"Yes you are! Quit being such an ass. Oh my god. Bruno Hernandez. Shut up. I'm just doing my job. She said to do the shoot. I did the shoot. I got paid. The end."

"Kassie...I just think he's too much."

"No. You're being a jealous asshole."

"Oh my god. And you aren't, Kassandra. Quit."

"I know I am. At least I can admit it. God, Bruno." she told him hiding her face between her hands trying not to cry.

"Whatever, Kittie. I have to go. Have a good night. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Whatever, B." she answered him in the same upset tone.

"Tell Sam I said hi and that I miss him."

"I will." he answered her.

"Have a good show, Brunz." she responded moving her mouse to close the window.

He saw the window close closing his a few seconds after. "I love you, Kassandra...." he said under his breath.

Kassie practically threw her computer to the other end of the bed. "What a fucking asshole!" she screamed.