Chapter 67

"Ouch. That hurt," he responded.

"I just wanted to get your ego incheck, Brunz." she answered.

"My ego?" he asked her.

"Yeah. Don't let your head get toobig." she answered him taking the ice cream that was sitting on thetable back into the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" he asked herfollowing her into the kitchen.

"I just don't want you to get toofamous, Bruno." she told him.

"Too famous? What in the world areyou talking about?" he asked her confused.

"Everyone knows who you are now thatall this happened...and people are going to start following youaround and asking questions...about you..and I just don't want youto get too wrapped up in it all." she answered.

"Kassandra...." Bruno pausedtaking her hand leading her to the table. "I won't ever change."he told her.

"Bruno...you're wearing a dolceshirt and your hair is...it's...Bruno..it's straight. Right now.In my presence, with no plans today..your hair is straight...andyou're not wearing a hat..." she tried to pinpoint where he hadchanged for him. "Oh..and you're all..." she reached over totouch his arm. "All in shape and shit."

"Kass...come on. Now you're justbeing dumb. Did I get all upset when you got highlights in your hairand went on that crazy diet during the second season?" he tried tocompare the situations for her.

"Umm...you told me I was amazingjust the way I was..." she laughed.

"But I didn't ask you to change,baby...I didn't tell you to go back to the way you were..." hetold her.

"I just don't want to lose you,again, Bruno. I don't think I can handle that..." she told him.

"Kassandra...you're not going tolose me. I will always be there for you."

"But...next year..you're going tobe gone for so long...."

"We can do it, Kittie. We will makeit." he said with certainty.

"I hope you're right." she toldhim.

**

"When was the last time you werehome?" Urbana asked Kassie while they sat in the uncomfortableairport seats.

"The last time I was home...hmmm...008I think." Kassie answered contemplating her travel history.

"Well don't feel too bad..the lasttime we were there was for the wedding." Urbana reassured herfriend.

"Well, I guess that makes me feel alittle better." Kassie smiled.

"Here..you all have to wear these..."Bruno said holding Aloha shirts to everyone with a giddy smile.

"Brunnoo...oh my god." Kassiewhined holding the small shirt he handed her.

"You wear the shirt or we'redone." he smiled at her making her melt. I'ddo anything he telsl me to do if he keeps looking at me that way.She thought to herself. Bruno sat down next to her holding his shirtin his hand. "But you also have to wear this..." he said holdingout the necklace she had put in his pocket in September.

"Oh..okay. I guess...if you insist."Kassie answer holding herhead down for him to close the necklace around her neck.

"There. Now it's perfect." heflashed his shining white teeth at her.

"I felt naked without it." shetold him.

"I like you naked. Maybe I shouldtake it off." he whispered in her ear.

"Bruno! I said I felt naked. Notthat I was naked.God. Get your mind in the right place." she answered him. Heraised his eyebrow at her reaction.

"We'll just have to wait and seeabout that...it's a long flight." he told her.

"Oh God. Bruno." Kassie answeredgetting up from her seat.

"Hey! That was rude, Kittie!"Bruno exclaimed.

A few hours later Kassie pulledBruno's arm that was in front of her on the plane trying to get hisattention.

"I know you're awake B." shetold him standing up walking toward the back of the plane giving hima come get melook.

"Oh shit." Bruno said quietly tohimself. He waited until she was out of his line of vision to followher to the back of the plane. He leaned his head to the door. "Kass..."he whispered into the door. He heard the lock unclick opening thedoor. He squeezed himself through the door looking at her trying notto laugh at what they were about to do.

"You can't laugh, Kassandra.Everyone will know." he said leaning in toward her kissing herneck.

"I'm going to regret this, Bruno..."she told him as he wrapped his arms around her putting her on theedge of the sink. He pushed himself toward her kissing her withurgency.

"Kittie...come on...stop..,," hetold her reaching his hands toward her jeans. "Quit playing withme..."

"I wasn't..." she said reachingdown toward his pants kissing him with the same urgency he had a fewseconds ago. "Ohhh..eeek..." she responded to him pushing herfurther to the back of the small space. "The...." she started ashe reached his hand over to turn off the water that had started stillkissing her neck.

"Thank you, Kittie..." hewhispered in her ear.

"Ohh...Bruno....anythinnnggg...."she whispered back at him. He pulled away from her with the mostridiculously big smile on his face.

"Oh god, try not to tell the wholeworld what we just did, B." she blushed. "I feel dirty."

"Then wash your hands...." he saidpulling up his pants.

"I might have to wash them a lotmore than this one time..." she answered hearing a ding forseatbelts to be put on.

"Kassie..." Bruno replied lookingat her washing her hands. He wrapped his arms around her kissing heron the necklace he had just returned to her. "I love you." hesaid with a mischievous smile on his face. He quickly turned aroundunlocking the door leaving the bathroom. She used the bathroom forits approved reason washing her hands one more time leaving thebathroom hurrying past the flight attendants who were in their seats.

"Well, I guess if you're gonna doit on a plane, you might as well do it with him..." one of theflight attendants responded to her running past them. She took herseat behind Bruno putting on her seatbelt.

"Y'all are nasty." Jamie leanedover telling Kassie quietly.

"Ehh. Whatever." Kassie laughed.