Chapter 119

"Bruno...why are there so many stealthy cars here? Like you'd think whoever is out there would recognize the security..." Kassie asked sitting next to him in a cushy rented car. They were on their way to a big fundraiser that had been very publicized and heavily promoted with press. The biggest deal was, however, that all the people Aaron had mentioned were going to be there. "It kind of scares me..." she leaned over telling him making sure her new body guard, Marc and Dre wouldn't hear her.

"Kittie..it'll be okay." he reassured her not exactly believing his own statement.

"I just wish we knew what was going on....like why us?" she asked again.

"Baby...the guy told us. No one knows." he answered her leading her out of the car behind Marc and in front of Dre. Suddenly almost to the red carpet a man in a black suite took them both by the hand catching Dre and Marc of guard. He flashed an id badge informing them of his identity.

"What the hell?" Kassie asked stepping into the small room they were taken to.

"Can you tell us what's going on?" Bruno asked hearing another voice come from behind them, Katy Perry.

"What the hell?" she exclaimed in the same way Kassie did.

The man pointed to the chairs lining the edge of the room. The stern looking man wore a tailored black suite, slicked back blonde hair and they could see an earpiece poking out of one ear. Bruno grabbed both Kassie and Katy's hands making sure they were okay.

"Dude..hand off the wife!" they heard Russell yell from the side laughing at them sitting in the empty chair.

"I have the ducks and the cats." they heard the man say in a soft tone.

"That was a shitty nickname." Kassie told them. "I wanna be like superwoman or something."

"Damn right. I'd be your superman!" Russell answered.

"Hey! My wife!" Bruno said pointing to her laughing at them.

"Guys..I think we need to be serious. I have no idea what is going on..." Katy snapped at them.

"Yes...please." the man said taking off his secret agent sunglasses. "We need to tell you about the situation..." the man said. "My name is Andy and I am with the government."

"It's not a crazy stalker?" Kassie asked.

"No Mrs. Hernandez. It's not." he answered in the same stern tone.

"What is it?" Katy asked.

"We have heard of several credible threats against musicians and entertainers in the past few weeks. We have reason to believe that the people you all have been seeing were gathering information about your daily lives." Andy answered. Kassie squeezed Bruno's hand making him cringe.

"Sorry." she mouthed to him.

"We have several people on our end watching you. You will be safe tonight. But we will need to speak with you after the event." Andy told them.

"Is that all you're going to say? Who is it? When did this start? Why us? When are you going to catch whoever this is?" Bruno asked.

"That's confidential, sir." Andy answered.

"Oh my god! And I bet you want us to go about our lives normal..and not to tell anyone. I watch Homeland." Kassie screamed.

"Kass...shh...it'll..."

"Yes ma'am." Andy answered.

"So what do we do?" Bruno asked. "Kassandra is pregnant...I don't want anything to happen to her..."

"Mozel, dude." Russell raised a fake glass to them. "But seriously..."

"We have several people on the outside keeping an eye on you. We're going to ask that you keep appearances to a minimum..."

"But..." Kassie started.

"Shut up, Kassandra. Right now isn't the time to be a bitch." Bruno glared at her.

"Did you just tell me not to be a bitch? Bruno! I'm not being a bitch. I'm just being realistic. I can't lock myself in a studio and do my work." Kassie answered.

"Kass. Come on. Just listen to this guy and we can argue when we get home." Bruno said calmly.

"You all can go now. We have people outside watching...but you won't know who they are." Suddenly the door cracked open. Two women and two men walked into the room. "Meet your other half." Andy said. He pointed to each of them introducing a small white woman to Kassie named Victoria and an average sized black man, Neil, to Bruno.

"Can we still have sex?" Bruno leaned over to the guy as they left the room. "She's pregnant you know..."

"As long as the door is closed sir, you can do whatever you want." he answered walking in the opposite direction as they came upon Dre and Marc.