Chapter 14

runo sat down next to Kassie as they settled into the plane to fly to Hawaii.

”You’re doing this again in a month, B….doesn’t that scare you?” she asked him

”A little…” he shrugged.

”Bruno…it’s okay to be scared.” she told him. ”Because I’m scared shitless about school. I’ve never been away from anyone…” she told him. ”And you’ll have Jamie..and Sam is here too…” she reassured him. ”I don’t have anyone except for Stephanie and Holly..” she told him referring to her future suite mates.

”You can do it, Kittie.” he said taking her hand.

”You can do it too, Brunito..” she reassured him.

”But what if it doesn’t work, Kass? What do I do then?” he asked her.

”Bruno, you are amazing. For every one person who says no there are five that would kill to have you on their label.” she told him.

”Really?” he asked her.

”Realy. Anyone would be stupid not to have you.” she smiled at him.

**

”Get in the car losers…” Presley yelled at them at the airport.

”Shut it…” Bruno said opening the door for Kassie to get into the car before him.

”Thanks..” she smiled at him.

”Kassie…we’re sorry we couldn’t come. I’m sure graduation was freaking awesome.” Tiara told her.

”I wish I could have been at your graduation…” Kassie sighed.

”It wasn’t that exciting…well…except for the water guns at the end.” Tiara answered.

”That was better than our confetti.” Kassie said.

*After driving for what seemed to be a few minutes, but was actually about an hour, Bruno led Kassie to her house.

”Brunooo!” Jayden yelled running up to him.

”You aren’t excited to see Kittie?” he asked embracing the hug.

”Ehh. Not really. Come teach me how to play the guitar again…hurrryyy…” Jayden responded.

”How about tomorrow, J?” he asked looking at Kassie.

”Okay, fine.” Jayden said running back outside.

”Kass, Brunz?” they heard Tiara and Tahiti coming into the house.

”You left this, Kass..” Tiara handed her the sweater that was left in the backseat.

”Oh, thanks…”

”I’m gonna go over to Ryan’s for a little…” Bruno said leaning over to kiss Kassie on the cheek.

”Call me later, Kittie…” he said walking out the back door.

She caught herself staring at him as he walked out.

”Eww, stop molesting my brother…” Tahiti hit Kassie on the arm.

”Sorry. I know that’s gross.” Kassie laughed sitting on the couch.

”I just wish I had that…” Tiara answered. ”And Tahiti has that one guy…” she sighed.

”One day, girl, one day.” Kassie told her giving her a hug.

”God, I still can’t get over you and my brother. It just will never stop grossing me out.” she said.

”I won’t tell you anything you don’t want to know.” Kassie told them.

”Good. Cause I don’t think I’ll ever want to know.” Tiara said.

”But what does your mom think?” Tahiti asked.

”Umm….” Kassie tried to think about it. Her mother’s opinion really did count, but it wasn’t the opinion she was looking for. ”She hates it.” Kassie told them.

”But why? He’s like….you don’t even have to be awkward with him..like y’all know each other…” Tiara said shocked my Kassie’s mother’s reaction.

”She thinks we’re moving too fast. It’s not like I’m going to have his babies or anything…”

”Eww….” the sisters said in unison. ”But I get it….” Tiara said.

”And she thinks I’m wasting my time with him.” Kassie said in a sad voice.

”Oh…Kassie…you aren’t.”

”No. She doesn’t know…how many times has she seen y’all together? Has she talked to mom?” Tahiti asked.

”I don’t think so….” Kassie answered.

”Because if your mom saw what we see…she wouldn’t think twice. And I’m not just saying that because he’s my little brother, Kittie. He loves you. He really does. Even though I want to puke thinking about it, you two are adorable together…” Tiara told her.

”But then there’s part of me…..oh, nevermind. It’s mean.” Kassie told them.

”He’s not my brother now, Kass, he’s your boyfriend. Tell us…” Tahiti told her friend.

”I just worry about what could happen. Could he just fail miserably or could someone find him and see how amazing he is and forget about me all together? I don’t know what I would do if that ever happened…” she admitted.

”Kassie….come on. Don’t be that way. We worry about him too, his future. We’re going to miss him like crazy…but mom and dad wouldn’t let him go if they weren’t confident that he would be successful.”

**

Bruno led Kassie to their tree later that evening. She walked right past the tree she had carved her initials in when she was younger.

”Baby…what’s wrong?” he asked her touching her hand gently.

”My mom hates you…” she said rationalizing the conversation.

”No she doesn’t, Kassandra…” he said watching her start to cry.

”She just doesn’t want to lose you….” he said moving toward her to hug her. ”But she’s not going to lose you, because I would never take you away from her, Kittie.” he answered wrapping his arms around her.

”And I’m scared about school…and you…and…I don’t know what to do, Bruno. I don’t know what to do…” she said lifting her head up looking at him.

”Kassie…I know it’s scary. But one day it will all make sense. One day…..” he told her comforting her.