Chapter 20

"Kittie..I knew it was you!" he exclaimed wrapping his arms around her to say hello.

"Hi..." she said pulling away touching the charm across her neck.

"How do you still have that?" he asked her.

"I could ask you the same, Brunz..." she laughed touching his neck.

"Umm...what the hello?" Diane asked very confused by their exchange.

"Oh....you met Bruno already, D..we grew up together." Kassie smiled.

"Oh...okay..." Diane said wandering off letting them catch up.

"What are you drinking, Kas?" he asked her touching her so lightly that she could hardly feel the touch.

"Umm...vodka and red bull..." she said glancing down at the glass.

Bruno turned around grabbing the vodka and a small container of Red Bull pouring her another drink. "Well, you did always know how to take care of me..." she said taking the drink from his hand.

"Kassandra...what are you doing here?" he asked her.

"I'm working, Bruno...." she said pointing to the name card.

"Oh...oh..I get it. You're one of those snotty girls that makes the guest list..." he told her. She shrugged her head agreeing with him. "And what's that?" he asked pointing to the camera behind her. "They asked me to sign a release form to film us..." he explained.

"Oh...yeah...it's a new show. Some guy saw us out one night and approached us to be part of it. I figured, what the hell...I'm gonna try it. It can't be that bad." she answered.

"So you're going to be like that bitchy girl on Laguna Beach?" he asked.

"Oh, so now I'm not only snotty, but I'm bitchy too, Bruno? Geez. I'm glad we noticed each other. It's been great catching up with you..." she said turning around slightly put off by his remarks.

"Kassandra...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." he said taking her hand. She felt a ring on his hand that she never had seen before.

"What's this look about Bruno?" she asked him pointing to his hat and touching his shirt.

"I'm awesome, Kass. This is how awesome dresses." he answered finishing his drink putting it on the table next to them. She burst out laughing at his answer.

"Oh my god, your sister was right. You are a cocky asshole now." she answered putting her drink down. He picked up whatever was sitting next to him pouring her another drink. "Are you trying to get me drunk, Mr. Hernandez?" she asked him pointing to the drink. "Because...I don't know how I feel about that...or how Andrew would..."

"Kassie...Andrew's not here." he said raising his eyebrow.

"You may have been right about the snotty and bitchy part, Bb...but don't ever call me a slut." she replied handing him the glass walking back to her group.

"Damn, Kittie. You don't play games anymore, do you?" he asked her in a loud voice.

"I never played games, Bruno." she responded.

**

"Shit dude..." David said after Bruno sat down next to his friend.

"I'll get her eventually..." Bruno said taking his phone flipping to her phone number Miss you.

Kassie...I'm sorry. I have some really expensive wine waiting here with your name on it.

She looked over at him after getting the text laughing at his text. She didn't text him back.