Chapter 126

After the families visited and things became quiet Bruno sat next to Kassie looking at his daughter. "Kittie...she needs a middle name."

"I know..I already picked one..." she told him.

"What? You didn't tell me you picked it." he answered her shocked.

"There's a lot of stuff I don't tell you..." she told him.

"Like what?" he asked her.

"Like...like...hmmm...." she tried to think about it. "Like....the first time you kissed me it wasn't weird;"

"That time on the beach?" he asked her.

"Yeah. That time."

"There's a lot of stuff I don't tell you either, Kittie." he answered her.

"Bruno!" she pushed his shoulder.

"Like when I kissed you it scared the shit out of me." he admitted.

"Oh, Brunito. That's cute..." she said bringing him closer to the baby. "Her name is Victoria Noelani Hernandez."

"She is a beautiful girl from heaven...just like her mom..." Bruno replied speaking of the middle name.

**

"Y'all are going to come over?" Kassie asked her brother over the phone.

"Yeah..we're going to come over...but isn't everyone else there too2? There's so many people over there..." Sam asked worried.

"If you bring me food I'll let you in." she told him.

"What do you want?" he asked her.

"I want sushi...the good stuff." she answered.

"Kass..it's 8 in the morning..." Sam said. "I'm not your personal assistant. I'm your brother."

"Says who, the guy paying your rent?" she asked him talking about Bruno.

"Fine..." he sighed hangin up the phone.

"What did you do to your brother, Kittie?" Bruno asked holding the baby in his arms tightly rocking her back and forth.

"I told him he could come over if he brought sushi."

"Kass...it's 8 o'clock." he answered the same way.

"He'll figure it out." Kassie answered.

"My wife thinks she's a celebrity now...my god." Bruno said sitting on the couch mocking her lavious taste.

"I think?" she asked him. "I know." she laughed at him. "No go get me some escargot."

"Kass..that shit is gross. You don't want that.." Bruno told her.

"No..I really want some cookies. Can you make me some sugar cookies...like crazy bad." she told him.

"That I can do." he replied standing up to go to the kitchen holding a package of slice and bake cookies.

"Thank you, Bru..." she smiled at hm holding the baby against her chest getting ready to feed her. Bruno sat in the kitchen waiting for the sliced cookies to finish baking with a piece of paper in his hands. He scribbled the whole time Kassie was in the other room. Kassie stood up walking into the kitchen to sit down next to him glancing at the sheet of paper.

"It's just something I was thinking of..I don't know..." he reapted what was on the page in a melodic tone.

"It's good, Bruno. Keep writing it." she told him. "Hold her..I'll take out the cookies..." she handed the sleeping baby to him taking the cookies out of the oven.

"Kittie..go take a nap..you look really tired..." he told her looking at her sleepy face as she walked back toward him.

"I'll sleep on the couch..." she told him laying her head on the pillow. Bruno placed the baby in the small crib they had brought into the living room to go finish the cookies he had made her. She pulled them out so quickly that she didn't notice he had shaped the dough into a note. He grabbed a container of vanilla frosting dropping some red food coloring in mixing it up. He frosted the cookies leaving them to dry with the note

B ♥ V

B ♥ K

B ♥ us