Chapter 59

runo's phone rang as he was puttinghis shirt on. "Pick it up for me, babbyyy.." he whined.

"Get your horny fucking ass overhere, Brunz." she heard an unfamiliar voice on the other end."Ummm...."

"Oh, Kassie! This is Travis. "

"Oh....yeah. Nice to meet you. We'releaving right now..." Kassie told him.

"Drive fast. Y'all are alreadylate...everyone is here but him."

"My brother made it there on time?"she asked.

"Yeah."

"Oh dang...okay..." Kassie saidhang up the phone glancing at the time on his phone as she put it onthe bed.

"We are late...B...hurry your lazybutt up..." she yelled at him grabbing his phone, keys and herpurse.

"They can't do anything withoutme. Just calm down, Kittie." he responded squeezing her hand as hewalked past her to get to the car.

Bruno stopped Kassie at the door toenter the studio where he was performing that evening. "Kassie..."he said quietly. "I'm scared.....there are so many people outthere. And they don't know me...and..."

"Bru...I'll be there. Just lookfor me. Just remember, one, two, three." she smiled at him hugginghim to calm his nerves.

"Please don't ever leave,Kassandra..." he said in soft voice.

"I won't, Bruno. I won't." shesaid kissing him on the cheek walking toward the audience as hewalked the other direction.

Oh my goodness. There are so manypeople here. Oh my goodness. This is so big. So huge. I'mnervous....Kassie thoughtto herself fighting her way through the crowd finding a place a fewfeet from the stage. And then a girl who had to be at least 5'9took her place in front of Kassie. Kassie tapped her on the shoulder."Can we trade spots?" she asked her.

"Ummm...is it really that important?You can lean over a bit to see them..." the girl answered.

"It actually is...Bruno needs to seeme." she told the girl.

"He needs to see all of us...backoff, crazy." the girl answered.

"Oh my god. He's my fuckingboyfriend. Just let me get in front of you so he can see me. Please."Kassie snapped.

"Oh...yeah. I'm sorry." sheanswered. "If it means he won't be nervous..."

"Thanks you so much.." Kassieanswered as the applause for his perform started. The big dark stageslowly lit up. She saw Bruno off to the right of the stage, where healways liked to stand. She saw his eyes closed counting. He onlycounted like that when he was really scared. Bruno..lookup, sweetheart. I'm right here...shetried to send him good thoughts. He lifted his head starting to singthe start of the new song. She caught him looking quickly through thefront of the audience to find her. She smiled at him touching hernecklace making it shine toward.

Oh...there she is...hethought to himself smiling at her.

He sang his heart out never moving hisgaze from her face.

"Girl..he's cute." the tall girlleaned down to tell her.

"I know it." Kassie whispered.Everyone clapped and screamed for Bruno and Travie finished theirsong.

**

Later in the evening Kassie followedBruno into his studio. It wasn't the best way to spend the smallamount of time they had together, but she was going to savor thesmall moments they had together. She sat down on the big black couchwatching him spin in the chair opposite her.

"Where is everyone else?" sheasked him thinking of his production team and the handful of othersthat were helping him with the album.

"They went home...I needed to finishthis on my own..." he told her. She gave him a weird face knowingthat he was going to do something crazy. He turned around pressing abutton. She heard drums playing and then small bells.

"Did you play those, B?" she askedhim. He smiled at her rolling the chair over to her. He took herhands and started to sing to her. She brushed her hair out of herface trying to distract herself from the tears that were welling upin her eyes. Her jaw dropped in the middle of the song making himlaugh at her a bit. She was completely caught off guard by thesincerity, cheesiness and words that were coming out of his mouth.Halfway through the song he moved over onto the couch to serenade hertouching her arms moving them up o her cheek gently wiping one of thetears from her eyes away from her. He finished the song stopping tolook at her reaction.

"Oh my, Bruno..." she answered himsniffing away the tears. He watched the eye liner run down her facetaking off all the extra crap he hated on her. "Just the way youare, Kittie." he whispered to her running his fingers through herlong hair making her tingle.