Chapter 50

"Kassie...why is Bruno still at yourhouse?" Clarissa asked her in the car. She shrugged her head notquite sure how to answer. "I thought he would have gotten backtogether with Audrey by now...it's been two weeks..."

"I don't know. He said he wasgoing to stay with his sister for a little bit. But why he can'tjust find his own place is beyond me." she said as they walkedthrough the house. Amy was stretched out on the couch talking on herphone. She lifted up her hand waving ten dollars at Kassie.

"Damn right. I'm going to FredSegal..." Kassie said putting the money in her pocket.

"I hate you." Amy said coveringher phone.

"I love you, Amz." she told her.Clarissa looked at her oddly sitting down at the kitchen table.

"I got ten bucks for Bruno tellingme he loved me." she laughed.

"You say he fucks with your head,Kass..but you fuck with his head as much, if not more. What are youdoing? You know he's so beyond confused right now. And you justmake it worse...."
Clarissa told her.

"Whatever. He's hot. And that'sall I need right now. The last guy I was with...." she rubbed herchin trying to think. "Was Brody...." she said thinking about aformer cast mate

"And that was bad?" Clarissaasked.

"He was definitely not out of thisworld."

"Oh my god!" Amy said coming intothe kitchen to sit down. "You totally fucked him two nights ago.That's why he wasn't on the couch!" Amy put the pieces of thepuzzle together.

"Whatcha gonna do about it?"Kassie asked.

"You're a hoe, Kass. That's it."Amy told her laughing.

"I won't deny that..." she saidtaking a bite of her pizza looking at the back door seeing Brunostarting to open the door. The girls faces suddenly started toredden when he walked in the room.

"What? I can take off my pants if itmakes this more comfortable.." he said untucking his shirt.Clarissa threw a piece of her cookie at him.

"Eww, no. What would make this morecomfortable is if you would just hurry up and marry Kassandra."

"I'm not going to marry Kassandra.But I will take her out on an out of this world date." he told her.

"Oh?" she asked.

"Yeah. Go put on that hot red dress.You've got a hot date tonight."

"With who?" she smiled. He took acookie from Clarissa's plate throwing it at her. She threw her handin the air off to the left knowing that he would miss her hand. Shecaught it taking a bite licking her lips after she finished eatingit. "Mmmm. Oreos."

"Go get dressed, Kass. Ourreservation is at 8..." he told her seriously.

"Fine." she told him.

**

Kassie stepped out of Bruno's carlooking at the lights flashing.

"Bruno...they're taking picturesof us...." she said squeezing his hand nervous.

"Baby, you never get nervous withthis stuff, what's wrong?" he asked her walking closer to her.

"Nothing." she told him.

"Tell me when we get home." hesaid leading her into the restaurant. They were seated in the cornerof the restaurant away from prying eyes.

"Did you guys want to start withsome wine?" the waiter asked.

"No, thank you..." Kassie said.

"Yes, the 003 red please..." Brunotold the man. The waiter raised his eyebrow surprised by his choice.

"I'll bring that out in just asecond." he told them.

"Brunito...you know wine makes metired." she told him.

He shrugged his head acknowledging herstatement but ignoring it. The waiter brought out the bottle poppingit making Kassie jump.

"Eeeekkkk...." she exclaimed.Bruno took the bottle from him pouring her just enough wine.

Before taking a sip of the wine shepicked up the wine list glancing over the prices.

"Bruno! That was the expensive one!"she told him.

"I know, Kittie. I told you I'dget the expensive one,,,one day." he smiled holding up the glass.

"What are we toasting to?" sheasked him.

"To my amazing best friend and thegirl that I want to spend the rest of my life with." he told her.She rolled her eyes at him.

"You just want to get laid."

"Yeah. You're right." he toldher honestly.

"To Bruno being a hoe and me beingokay with it..." she said pressing her glass against his taking asip of the wine.

"But really, Kassandra...." helooked at her with an enormous smile.

"I signed to Atlantic this morning..."he told her. She looked at him confused.

"But you already are, aren't you?"she asked him.

"Not as an artist, Kittie. I signedas an artist this morning." he told her.

"Like an album? Like a tour? Likethe whole thing?" she asked.

"Yeah, the whole thing. And I'mwriting it and producing it and singing it and everything..." hegushed.

"Oh, Bruno! I'm so happy for you!"she matched his excitement.

"When do you start working on it andall that jazz?" she asked.

"I have to finish the one you helpedme with and then this one with Travis..." he told her. "And thenit's all the Brunz...well and Phil..but..mostly me." he said."And you as my inspiration." he finished. She rolled her eyesagain at him.

"Don't make me tingle, B." shesaid taking a bite of her food. Theone I helped him with?

"But if I make you all tingly doesthat mean we get to have sex later tonight?" he asked her.

"The answer to that is always no."she told him. Yes, yes, yes,yeeeesss.