Chapter 83

Hurry uppp....we have to get the paperbefore we can do ittttt...." Kassie exclaimed holding theinformation they needed to get married in her hand. The list includedIDs, a marriage license and a witness. They had several witnesses,which wasn't a problem. The IDs were buried in her pocket so theywouldn't lose them. All they needed was the license...by midnight.It was 10:30 and they were in a hurry.

"Run, Kittie..." Bruno saidcoughing through the cigarette smoke in his breath.

"Stop smoking and you'd be able tokeep up." Kassie answered.

"I know. I have to stop. But nottonight." he told her leading her through the busy lobby. No onenoticed either of them. They stood in the short line for 10 minutesuntil someone called them over. They were in and out in 30 minutesholding the paper in their hands.

"Kass..." Bruno stopped her in thelobby.

"Yeah?"

"We're married...." he said in ashocked tone. "Like..married..."

"Bruno...I know." she smiled athim.

"But I didn't get you a ring,baby..." he said fidgeting coming to terms with what theirdrunkenness had achieved. "Wear this..." he responded pulling offthe small ring his grandfather had given him when he was younger.

"I can't wear that...that's toomuch, B...." she said playing with the ring on her finger.

"Wear it at least tonight, Kittie.Please..." he said giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Bruno...it's going to fall off..."she replied.

"Come on you two! You're going tomiss your own wedding!" Ryan yelled at them from the lobby door.

"I'm not arguing with you tonight,Kittie. Just wear it. Geez." he told her.

"Fine." she responded walking backtoward Ryan and Sam.

"Let's get marrieddddd..." Brunodanced out the door singingbits and pieces of MarryYou. "Kassandra...I knowthis little place on the boulevard..."

"We can go,ooo." she sang back tohim sliding into the car.

"I can't believe you two are doingthis..." Willa leaned over to Kassie to try to talk her out of it.

"My mom hates him already, my dadthinks he's a waste of time and my brother is employeed by him.It's perfect." Kassie said to her brother's girlfriend.

"Okay. I guess you're right aboutal of that." Willa said with a sad tone.

"You don't have to be my fuckingmaid of honor if you don't want to. Phil can do it. Right Phil?"Kassie yelled.

"No, Kittie, I just want to makesure you're not making a mistake. Or regret it in the morning."

"Willa....if she wakes up and wantsto break up that's cool." Bruno answered.

"God, Bruno. Serious." Willaanswered.

**

"This is the last time you can seeme before I put on the dress, Brunz..." Kassie told him with make-uon one side of her face and her hair slightly curled falling aroundher face.

"Kassandra..." Bruno said quietly."I love you." he pulled her in with his hands grasping her cheekskissing her.

"God. They can't even wait..."Eric responded pulling his brother way.

"Kasssssieeee...I'll never letgo...." he called out to her in a Leonardo Dicaprio voice. Shestarted blushing turning around to face Willa and Dani.

"Shit. You're really gonna dothis?" Dani asked.

"It takes all the drama out ofplanning the wedding, and my mom and my dad...and his sisters..."Kassie explained.

"Miss Jackson...are you ready?" amiddle aged woman wearing a bright teal outfit knocked on the door toget her for the ceremony.

"Yeah. I'm readddyyy..." Kassiedanced out the door.

"Sam is walking you down the aisle..."Dani told her.

"Ready baby brother?" Kassie askedhim.

"You look stunning." he told her.

"I do that every day." she laughedlooking at the cocktail length white gown she was wearing. "It'sVera." she told him.

"Well, Vera would be pleased. "Sam said kissing his older sister on the cheek. They heard a cheesyversion of Here Comes theBride start playing.

"Go..." Dani said sitting onBruno's small little side of the aisle.

"Oh...yeah..." Kassie said walkingslowly catching Bruno almost stumbling off to the side looking at herin awe. Oh shit. Maybe weshouldn't have done this.She looked at the sparsely populated room looking at every singleperson. I want to see a seaof people....she thought toherself. But...oh my god. Wewould do this anyway...okay. I can do it.Kassie stopped to look at Bruno taking a hold of his sweaty hand.

"No matter how much I've had todrink today, I'd still think that you are the most beautiful girlin the world, Kassandra." he said squeezing her trembling hands asthe music stopped.