Chapter 105

Kassie sat on the couch flipping through the channels trying to distract herself from the rain. They arrived in Los Angeles just two days after the celebration because Bruno said he had to get back into the studio. He had something amazing he needed to get out. But, she hadn't seen him either. He walked in the house at 3 in the morning, fell asleep, woke up to see her get dressed for work, and then was gone. The days repeated themselves and she didn't like it. Yes, they'd done this before, but there was something different about the way he left and didn't even bother saying hello to her that bothered her. She sighed heavily turning off the TV knowing there wasn't anything on. She took a hold of a t-shirt and pajama bottoms walking into the bathroom to take a shower. Going through her normal routine she picked up Bruno's tooth brush, tooth paste and glasses that were scattered arounf the bathroom. "Pick up your stuff, B." she said quietly looking into the mirror at a zit that had appeared a few days ago. She ran her finger along the breakout feeling herself starting to cry. Not now. You're stronger than this. Suck it up/ He's just being himself. You knew this. You knew this was going to happen. Why are you upset? She continued thinking these things in the shower not stopping her tears. She got out the shower taking a hold of the towel drying herself off looking at herself again. She turned off the light wrapping herself in the comforter closing her eyes to fall asleep. "I can't sleep..." she said burying her head into the pillow.

"Kassandra..." Bruno laid down next to her late in the evening after returning from the studio. "kassie...wake up..." he touched her shoulder feeling her turn around toward him, "Kittie...were you crying?" he asked her seeing her red eyes.

"I have a migraine. That's it." she told him laying on him closing her eyes. She's such a liar. He thought to himself laying his hands on her falling asleep.

What felt like only a few minutes, Bruno felt Kassie get out of the bed to turn off her buzzing alarm. "Don't go today..." he said in a sleepy voice.

"I have to go..." she told him continuing to walk out the room not saying anything else to him. He laid in the bed until he heard the water in the bathroom start to run. He got u from the bed leaning against the door frame watching her brush her teeth.

"Kassandra....what's wrong?" he asked her.

"Nothing, Bruno." she answered with a mouth full of tooth paste. He continued to watch her knowing that she was still lying to him.

"Go back to be, Bruno." she told him picking up a pair of ants to change into.

"I'm not tired." he yawned.

"Stop kidding yourself." she smiled pointing to the bed now occupied by the cat.

"I don't want to disturb the cat." he answered handing her a pair of shoes.

"Bruno...." she looked up at him through her quivering lips. "Why does it hurt so much?"

"Why does what hurt so much?" he asked her sitting on the bed next to her.

"It was supposed to get better after the tour...and now I see you less than I did then..." she spoke.

"What do you mean?" Bruno was oblivious to the troubles.

"You watch me get ready for work..I go to work...you leave...I come home and you're not here...and then I go to sleep. Then you come home..."

He put his finger up to her lip telling her to be quiet as she started to cry.

"Don't do that...." she laughed at him. "You have no idea..."

"I didn't...Kassandra...." he stopped what he was saying to play with the necklace around her neck. "Baby...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

"I don't know why I'm upset. I knew this would happen, Brunito." she answered his apology."I don't even know why I'm trying anymore..."

"Kassie! Stop! Stop saying that!" Bruno yelled at her.

"But, Brunz...we're doing the same thing we always do. I don't know why I thought this would be any different. Just because there's a piece of paper that says we're married doesn't mean things have changed at all...." she started to cry even more.

He walked over to her lifting her chin to look into her eyes. "I cannot lose you, Kassie. I can't lose what we have, sweetheart. What we have is perfect..and if I'm messing it up..."

"You aren't messing it up, Bruno. I just am realizing that my expectations were too high."

"Kassandra...tell me how to fix it." he responded touching the same area she had focused on the evening before.

"Just...just....I..." she wasn't sure how to answer his question. He held her face with his hands looking at her with concern in his eyes.

"Kassandra Hernandez...I love you." he told her wiping the tears from her cheek holding her tightly.