Chapter 82

"In the room?" she pointed towardthe green room.

"No, Las Vegas." he said under hisbreath.

"Why? It's done. It's over. "she told him.

"But..." he paused trying not toshow his weakness and distress by the past.

"But nothing, Brunz. You're goingand you're not going to worry about anything." she told himfrankly.

"But, Kassie..." he said in a sadtone.

"But nothing! You're almost donewith this tour. You have a little break...and you need to enjoy it.Okay?" she said leaning in to reassure him with a hug. "Everythingwill be okay."

"Okay." he answered taking herhand leading her back into the room.

**

"Kass...get in there." a marketingrepresentative said pushing her toward the group for a publicityphoto.

"No. I think I'll stay here."she answered.

"She doesn't have to if shedoesn't want to." Bruno told the girl knowing exactly what shewas thinking. They still weren't officially together. They had beenseen a few times out since Nothin'On You, but generally, theonly people that knew they were really together were family, althoughthose on the tour had a hunch that they were together.

"I'd rather not." she answered.

"Okay." the girl answered with asad face,

A few minutes later Kassie slid into alounge chair next to Bruno.

"See, it's not that bad.." shewhispered to him.

"I know it's not..." heanswered.

**

"Kitttttieeeeee....come onnnnn...comewith usssss...." Bruno called out holding his drink in one handtaking hers from her hand.

"I don't know if you can handleme, tonight, Bruno." she laughed at him standing next to Willa whowas equally as drunk as she was.

"Kassss..." he whined againgrabbing her as she struggled to get away from him.

"Stop itttttt..." she called outas he squeezed her more tightly.

"No...you're going with us."

"But, Brunooo...it's scary. Imight just throw up."

"Kass...the last time you did thatyou were 17." he told her.

"It doesn't mean it won't happenagain."

"Shut up. Come on." he said takingher hand leading her out the door past flashes.

"Shit." she told him.

"They'll get over it." he heldonto her back tightly hanging on to her to make sure she was safe asthey walked through the crowd.

A few minutes later they were standingat a tall wooden counter with pens in their hands.

"I'm not going to die, am I?"she asked him.

"You won't remember in themorning." Willa leaned in from her pad of paperwork to answerKassie.

"Watch themmm..." Bruno saidleaning over to Willa and Kassie wrapping his arms around them. "Ohmy god. We are going to die." he responded to a scream falling fromthe sky stumbling over to his side. Kassie leaned quickly to catchhis stumble. He fell into her arms being extra dramatic.