Chapter 124

Bruno turned the knob to the back of their house late at night trying to be as quiet as possible knowing that Kassie would either be asleep on the couch or stretched out on their bed. Turning the knob he peeked t hrough the back of the house seeing all the lights on and hearing music in the back. Oh lord. What is she doing? He thought to himself. "Kass?" he asked.

"I'm back here..." she said walking toward him holding a pile of beach towels in one hand windex in another.

"Give me those..." he said holding out his hand.

"Bruno...it's driving me crazy...these are so gross...and the windows...and eww. There's little spots of crap in Tori's room.." she went on talking about the things she needed to do while he took the towels from her hand.

"Kittie....we bought these in May...we're keeping these and the windex can wait until tomorrow. .Can we go to bed, please?" he asked her.

"No..I have to finish..." she told him. "My mom said it was okay...."

"Kittie...you're crazy." he yawned.

"I'll be there soon..." she told him taking the towels from his hand kissing his cheek. Oh my god. What is she doing? He thought to himself. My mom will know...he thought to himself dialing his mother.

"Mama...." Bruno started the conversation.

"Ahhh...Bruno...it's late, why are you calling me so late?" she asked him.

"Kassandra is going crazy and I don't know what to do..." he told her.

"She's 8 months preganant, Brunito...she's not going crazy." his mother reassured him.

"Mom...she's...she's...mom....she's cleaning." Bruno told her.

"Bruno...do you remember when Tahiti was pregnant?" she asked him.

"Yeah...I wasn't there though..." he remembered.

"Do you remember Josh not being able to find any of his clothes?"

"Yeah...it was fucking gold." he answered.

"Brunito....Kassie is doing the same thing. I know you know what she's doing..you have sisters."

"She's nesting?" he asked her. "She's not a bird, mama..."

"She's a mother though....she's not 15 anymore Bruno...she's getting ready for the baby. Just let her do it. It will make her happy and your house will be clean."

"Are you sure?" he asked her.

"Baby...I have four of my own babies...and if your father stopped me there would only be one of you...."

"Mom!" he exclaimed.

"I'm only telling you the truth. You can stop some things that she does but this is not one of them. Let her wipe the tiles with the toothbrush if that's what she wants to do....at 4 in the morning."

"Okay....okay...I'll let her do it...but if she goes in my room..." Bruno said talking about the room with his piano, drums and guitars.

"If she does you let her, Bruno." his mother answered. "It will all be done soon."

"Bruno...who are you talking to?" Kassie came in the room asking.

"My mom...do you want to talk to her?" he asked,

"Yeaaahhh...." she grabbed the phone from him starting to talk to her. "He has been...he is being mean..." she laughed into the phone. "I know it! He's being a baby..I'm excited too. We'll see you soon..." she handed the phone back to him kissing him before putting it up to his ear.

"Was she saying mean things about me, mom?" Bruno joked.

"Yes, Bruno. she hates you. She hates you as much as she did when she was 5."

**

A few days and a very clean house later, Kassie sat on the couch with a plate of graham crackers and ranch dressing watching Boy Meets World on DVD.

"Bruno...come watch this with me." she turned to him giving him a sad face. "I'll let you touch my tummy..." she laughed.

"Kass..." Bruno moved over to the couch stretching his feet on top of hers. "Your feet are huge."

"Shut up.." she responded.

"But they're cute." he answered grabbing her feet hearing their doorbell ring.

"Who is it, B?" she watched her brother and sister walk in holding balloons, cake and presents. Her mother followed holding her nephew.

"What are you guys, doing? I didn't want anything for my birthday..." she answered.

"Oh come on...it's your 27th birthday. You only live once..." Olivia said handing her one of the presents.

"What is it?" she asked touching the bright green wrapping paper.

"Just look..." Olivia demanded.

"Okaaayyy..." Kassie opened it up finding a small necklace.

"Open it..." Bruno told her.

"Oh my god...this is so beautiful..." she gasped looking at the 4d ultra sound image. "She's so pretty already." Kassie felt tears coming down her eyes but had to stop suddenly to get up to go to the restroom. "Help me get upppp..." she whined to the group that now including some of Bruno's family and their friends. Urbana grabbed her hand lifting her up walking her to the bathroom.

"Oh my god...I have to pee sooooo soooo bad..." Kassie said wadlding as fast as possible to the bathroom. She closed the door with Urbana laughing at her. She finshed in the bathroom, but as she opened the door she turned back around. What the shit. I can't have a uti....she thought to herself.

"Kass...." Urbana called to her in the bathroom. "Are you okay?"

"I umm...I....think....my.....I think....Urbana..my water broke." Kassie told her in a shocked voice.