Chapter 120

Bruno...they still bother me..." Kassie leaned over whispering in his ear walking toward the medical office building where her doctor's appointment was scheduled.

"I know baby...they bother me too, but you want to be safe, right?" he asked her continuing to walk net to her.

"We're going to go check things on the other side. You two will be okay." Victoria came up behind them to reassure their safety.

"Thanks." Kassie smiled pressing the elevator button to go up four floors. "B...my feet hurt..." she whined leaning against him.

"I'm not touching those things, Kittie." he squeezed her getting on the empty elevator. She leaned over pressing the button to feel the elevator move up.

"Why don't people talk on elevators, Bruno?" Kassie asked.

"I don't know, Kass. Why are you asking that?" he answered back.

"I don't know. It just freaks me out. It's like this suction cup that just sucks up everyone's voices. It's weird." she told him.

"I don't think it's weird." Bruno answered.

"That's because you like to be quiet sometimes. I hate quiet." she told him.

"Well..yeah..." he answered her.

"Oh...oh...oh...what was that?" Kassie asked feeling a shake and the elevator stopping.

"I don't know..." he answered pressing the button trying to get it to move over and over again. I hate small spaces. I hate small spaces. Oh god...Bruno thought to himself.

"B...it'll be okay. Don't freak out. It'll move in a second." she answered his frantic motions by taking his hand and squeezing it. "I know this stuff bothers you..." She took her phone out of her purse trying to call Victoria. "Bru....she's not answering...."

Bruno took out his phone trying to call Neil. "It's getting reception..."

"But he's not answering either is he?" Kassie asked starting to get scared. I can't freak out when he gets like this..I can't....she thought to herself. She scrolled through her phone trying to get to Dre.

"Dre will answer...he's just sitting on the couch watching tv..." Kassie told him. Bruno took the phone from her knowing she would start to freak out if she s[poke to him.

"Dre...." Bruno answered the phone. "Can you figure out why we're stuck in the elevator?" Bruno asked. His trusted bodyguard and friend didn't answer him. "What is going on?" he asked again.

"Something happened..." Dre said not sure how to answer. Bruno put the phone on speaker. "No one knows what...but there was an explosion..."

"Get us out, Dre! Call Marc! Call Brandon! Call Eloisia! He's freaking out!" Kassie yelled looking at Bruno's sweaty head taking his hand again.

"My phone is ringing..." Bruno said scared to pick it up. "Don't hang up moi goi...I don't know who it is...." Bruno said glancing at the unknown number. "Hello?" he asked.

"It's Andy...you're safe where you are. Just hang in there. We'll be there to get you soon." he said.

"What?" Bruno asked hearing a click.

"What did he say?" Dre asked through the speaker.

"He said to be calm and that we're safe in here..." Bruno answered.

"Ha..yeah right." Kassie answered cringing.

"Kass?" Bruno asked responding to her change in expression.

"Nothing...nothing..." she answered. Ouch. She thought to herself. "If Andy says we'll be okay I'll believe him. Dre doesn't even know what's going on."

"I haven't known for a long time, Kittie." Dre told her.

"I figured that. But you're like Linus's blanket. It just makes everything better." she told him.

"Yeah..that..." Bruno answered standing up from where he was standing starting to pace in the small space.

"There's someone at the door, Brunz. Do you want me to answer it?" Dre asked.

"Yeah. Answer it. I guess we'll be out of here soon." he answered hearing the phone click. I need to tell him...Kassie thought to herself not wanting his body guard to hear what she was about to say.

"Bruno...." Kassie kicked his foot.

"What?" he asked turning around dripping in sweat.

"Owwww..." she cried again.

"Baby...what's wrong? Kittie?" he asked again.

"I'm having contractions..." she answered.

"No, no, no, no. Kassandra!" he yelled at her. "You're only 4 months pregnant! Stop!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah...well if I could I would." she snapped at him cringing again. He sat down next to her watching her lay her head on his shoulder starting to cry. The salty tears met with his sweet smelling sweat making for a horrible moment for both of them.

"Kass..I can't do this...what is going to happen?" he asked feeling the elevator move.