Chapter 106

"Brunoooo...." Kassie whined holding her cell phone in her hand. "It died..." she said in a sad face.

"Charge it, silly." he told her looking up from his computer.

"No, like it..." she looked at it dropping it on the floor watching it split in half.

"Did you do that just to get a new phone?" he asked her.

"No...I dropped in on the way to work." she explained he story. He made a sad face getting up from his seat to pick it up.

"I'll tape it..."

"Bruno..you're not Repair Man." Kassie joked.

"Umm..yeah I am. Repair Man, man, man...." he said holding a roll of scotch tape in his hand.

"I just need to go to the store to get it fixed..." she told him picking up a sweater holding her keys. He just stared at her as she waited for him to volunteer to go get her phone fixed. "Fine...I'll go by myself..." she sighed as Bruno ignored her pleading eyes.

"Take my phone with you..." he said holding it out to her. "If anything happens then you'll be safe."

"But if I need to call you..." she responded.

"Kassie...there's the phone.." he answered her pointing to the cordless phone on the table in the kitchen.

"Ugh." she answered walking out the door.

She walked into the store holding Bruno's phone with her hand. She contemplated hijacking his twitter account, but before she could even get to the homepage a text message came up.

Thanks, boo. Can't wait to see you.

Audrey. What the hell...oh my god. I give him an inch and he takes a 100 yards...she thought to herself flipping through his phone seeing who he had texted in the past. She sat on the bench reading through the few text messages Bruno and Audrey had sent each other. He had deleted the first few exchanges leaving

It was great.

Was it? I wasn't sure.

You looked amazing.

Kassie squeezed the phone in anger putting it in her purse. I should just drop it by accident. She thought to herself. As she continued to think of revenge a service agent came up to her to service her phone.

"And it just cracked..." Kassie finished her story.

"Welll.../you do have an upgrade..." the man told her.

"What's the most expensive one? The one that has so much crap on it I won't ever use it?" she asked. The man led her over to the very front of the store.

"This one, Mrs. Hernandez."

"That's the one I want." she said. "How much is it?"

It's 250."

""Okay." Kassie answered.

"Did you want to try it out?" he asked her.

"No. This will be fine. I'm not paying for it." she told him handing Bruno's credit card over the counter.

Kassie drove home thinking about the text messages trying to contain her anger.What the fuck? What the hell? He is just going to..oh my god. She opened the door seeing Bruno in the kitchen cooking them dinner. He had promised her.

"Like I promised..." he sang licking his finger. "Mmmm. Delicious." he finished walking toward her with sauce all over his hands.

"You better not get that on my new shirt..." she told him frankly.

"What if I do?" he asked leaning in toward her expecting her to run away from him.

"Just don't do it." she answered turning around throwing the new cell phone box on the couch laying next to it.

"Kittie?" he asked laying next to her as she flipped through the instructions.

"Oh..here's your phone...Audrey texted you." she responded handing him his phone.

"Kassandra...." Bruno paused looking at her disappointed face.

"I don't even want to hear it. I thought you chose me over her. But apparently that's not what's happening now." she yelled at him. He remained calm waiting for her to start to cry like she always did. "Bruno...why?" she asked him.

"Kass...it's not..."

"It's not what, Bruno? It's not what it looks like because thanks boo sure doesn't sound like you're congratulating her on her on the tour she's going on..." she told him turning around not wanting to look at him.

He stayed put starting to talk to her in his same calm voice. "Kittie...I saw her at the nominee show. I haven't talked to her since we broke up. Since London...she just said that she was sorry for being so mean to me and that she hopes I'll forgive her one day."

"Yeah you have. When were you going to start sexting her? Bruno...I'm right here! I never left!" she exclaimed.

"Baby...you got that text before I even saw it. If she got the wrong impression..."

"Bru...can I trust you?" she turned around looking at him.

"Kittie...come on. You're the only one. My only one ever." he replied touching her arm waiting for her move away from him. He knew this was going to be a battle.

"Promise?" she asked him touching his hand to be reassured by his statement.

"I promise..." he said leaning in toward her touching her cheek ever so lightly making her shiver.

"Bruno..." she pulled away from him.

"I need to take this phone back...I don't know how to use it." she smiled at him.

"Did you buy the most expensive one because you knew it would make me mad?" he asked her. She nodded her head looking down at the couch embarrassed that he knew her so well.

"Keep it. I want you to suffer through your bad decision." he told her holding the phone in his hand. He looked at the black screen trying to figure out how to turn it on. He pressed a button on the side getting it to turn on. "I could figure it out."

"Shut up, Brunito. You just got lucky." she smirked taking the phone from him. She winked at him throwing the phone on the floor pushing him backward onto the couch laying on top of him touching his cheeks leaning in to kiss his lips.

"Kass...the chi..." he was interrupted by a buzz in the kitchen.