Chapter 110

Kassie sat down on the couch in front of her computer in cotton shorts and a big t-shirt with damp hair and no make-up on with the windows open to see the sun shining through the windows. She sighed opening her twitter account to see her mentions blowing up. "What the hell, Lily" she asked the cat as she jumped up on her lap. "Oh god." she said looking at the most retweeted message

@BrunoMars and @KassieKat....oh no!

"Lilly...this wasn't last night." she told the cat as she looked at the picture of Bruno hugging Audrey tightly at a post concert event. She felt her eyes getting heavy with water. Fuck this. I trusted him so much. And now this? I can't even deal with it. I can't. I don't even want to talk to him....ever...ever...again. She closed the computer to get dressed for work trying not to look at any of his things. She failed miserably picking up some of his clothes that were laying on the floor throwing them toward the wall. She glanced over into the spare bedroom he had placed all his instruments in. No. Don't do that, Kassie. Don't go in there. You can't....she ran out the door with her purse and work bag before she could do anything else more destructive. She got in the car turned up the music and drove to work. Kassie went about her day showing no emotion writing and conducting the interviews she had scheduled. A bit after two in the afternoon she heard her cell phone ring Bruno's distinctive ringtone. Her co-worker Teresa glanced at her.

"Are you going to answer that?"

"No. It's going to voicemail for a while." she answered as it rang again. After the fourth ring she picked it up putting it on vibrate.

By 4:30 she decided to check her phone to see how many times he had called her. 25 missed calls. Every single one was his. "I'll see you on Monday, Tessa!" Kassie exclaimed walking out the door with her phone to her ear.

"Kass...I know you're mad at me. And there's a perfectly illogical explanation for that photo...and that night...and everything. Please call me...beep. Kittie. Please call me. beep. Kassandra, babbbyyy....I need to talk to you. Please call me. Pleaseeeee....beep. Kittie. I need you. You can't do this to me. I know I fucked up. I always fuck up. You know that. But, baby girl....please...I...don't know what to do anymore. I don't know how to make you understand....beep. Kass...no...no...this isn't happening. It's not happening again. I'm not letting this happen again. beep.I'm not an angel, I'm not perfect. But..."who is?" she said into the phone closing the door behind her listening the remaining messages. "Fuck you, Bruno Mars." she yelled throwing the phone down on the passenger seat driving toward her mother's house. Kassie saw her mother's car in the driveway so she knew she was at home. She pulled out he key hidden under the mat opening the door.

"Oh, Kassand....oh sweetheart..what's wrong?" she asked seeing Kassie dragging herself into the kitchen putting her head down on the kitchen table sobbing.

"Mom....you were right. Nothing changed."

**

"What the fucking hell?" Bruno yelled looking at his phone. "When was this+?" he asked Phil handing him the phone. "This wasn't recent...this wasn't....was it?"

"No, Brunz..." Phil answered pointing to a drink in his hand.

"How dumb...it was 2009..." Bruno said.

"But how is Kassie going to believe that?" Phil asked him.

"I don't know...." he answered.