Chaper 121

"Wait you two..." Andy ran up to them. "You have to go with us..." he pulled them toward another stealthy looking vehicle.

"Like they won't know we're in that..." Kassie said under her breath. Bruno punch her in the side.

"Shut up." he said.

"But seriously! Andy...like you they wouldn't be able to find us in this..." Kassie answered.

"You'll be safe. That's all that matters." Andy answered.

"Yeah..Kass. I just want you to be safe..." he answered her

"Fine." she harrumphed throwing herself into the large sedan squeaking against the leather seat. "Sorry." she looked at Bruno waiting for him to laugh. It took him a few seconds but she got him to smile.

"Yeah right, Kassandra. I've known you for 22 years." he answered. "Now this..."

"Oh my god! Peter Gene Hernandez! You disgust me. I need to get out of this car before me and the baby die..." she laughed smelling what he had just done.

"Sorry babe. You're stuck with me. Smelly farts and all." he told her watching her start to laugh even harder.

"Bruno...I'm going to literally pee my pants. Stop." she pushed him into the door.

"I'm sorry." he told her looking at her with a sad face leaning over to kiss her.

"Stop it. I don't kiss boys that smell like that." she told him.

"But Kass...we're stuck in traffic...and he's on his phone..." he pleaded touching her arm making her jump.

"Eww...no. When we get home..." she answered him feeling him take off his seat belt moving closer to her.

"Kittie..you look so hot, though.." he tried to make her turn around. She was still refusing his advances.

"Do you remember why we're going to the hospital?" she asked him with concern."Once we know the baby is okay I'll do ridiculous things to you."

"Do you promise, Kassandra?" he asked her.

"I promise." she whispered in his ear blowing on it as she moved away from him as the car stopped.

"Let's get you out of here..." Bruno said trying to open the door struggling with it. "What the fuck? They child locked us in. I don't even do this to Liam..." he sighed defeated hearing the other agent open the door for Kassie. The agent took her hand leading her toward the hospital with Bruno walking behind them.

"You two will go this way..." he said leading them toward the women's center. They were greeted by another female agent who took over from there. Kassie tried to hold it together trying not to cry remembering that Victoria had been killed. The female agent did not introduce herself, but reminded Kassie of Victoria because she was dressed in the same nondescript black suite and blazer. She always thought that she would give Victoria a make-over after this blew over. This girl really needed one too.

The girl led them in the room closing the door after they sat down. Before the door could even close Dr. Haradi walked in the room.

"Okay you two..."

"Wait..I have to pee." Kassie said standing up. "Like really bad..." she stood up almost running down the hallway. The female agent followed her at Kassie's pace.

"Are you going to be my new Victoria?" Kassie asked over the water as she washed her hands.

"Yes, ma'am. My name is Pilar." she told Kassie handing her a paper towel.

"Nice to meet you, Pilar." Kassie answered going back into the doctor's office.

"Ready, Kassandra?" the doctor asked. "Have you felt any more contractions?"

"I think one..." she replied laying down feeling the doctor's warm hands on her stomach.

"I want you to take it easy, Kassandra. If you can work from home, do. Have your husband run your errands...do everything that he can do for you..." she explained. "I'm not putting you on bed rest, but I am asking you to be careful. If you feel even slightly stressed you need to take a break. I know it can be hard given the current state of things..."

"That's an understatement." Kassie responded.

"I know..." the doctor said in a sad tone moving over to do the ultrasound.

"You know...we can see if it's a boy or a girl today..." the doctor said pointing to the moving baby.

"No." Bruno and Kassie said in unison.

"Oh...well then..." she said writing on Kassie's chart.

"Your baby is beautiful...and healthy...sh...they...are growing well.

"Wait...you said she!" Kassie caught the doctor's mistake. "Bruno! A girl!" Kassie screamed.

"Seriously?" Bruno asked.

"Yes..." Dr. Haradi answered. "Here..." she pointed to the small body. "There's always a small chance that we could be wrong...but in a few weeks we can take out a lot of that uncertainty...she's healthy and growing well. I just need you to stay healthy, Mrs. Hernandez."

"I'll do my best." Kassie said holding the ultra sound picture running her finger along the baby's face.

Bruno hung onto Kassie's waist walking out of the doctor's office. Pilar followed them out of the office met by the other mysterious man.

"Are you mine?" Bruno asked.

"Yes sir." he answered letting them in the car.

"Do you have a name or can we name you since you're ours?" Kassie asked.

"My name is Peter." he answered closing the car door.

"He's not very friendly, Peter." Kassie told Bruno.

"Give him a chance. He's got a good name." Bruno told her.

"I guess I'll have to." Kassie sighed leaning her head against the car.

"Don't fall asleep, Kass..." Bruno whined.

"I'm not. I'm just trying not to stress out...Bruno...they died...they died because of us..." she said starting to cry.

"Kassandra...it's hard...it really is...but, baby...without them I would have lost you. It would have been you there...not them..." he tried to reassure her.

"But still..it doesn't excuse their death. I just wish I knew exactly who was doing this to us. Whoever this guy is...this shit is cray."