Chapter 65

Kassandra....what were you thinking?"her mother scolded her as they washed dishes after their familydinner.

"About what?" she asked full wellknowing what her mother was referring to.

"Him. What the hell, Kassie? Iwarned you from the start." she answered.

"Mom...you're jumping toconclusions. Of course he made a mistake. He messed up...but everyonemakes mistakes."
"Not mistakes that result in criminalcharges." her mother retorted.

"It could be worse, mom." Kassieresponded.

"How, Kassandra? Everyone at schoolis questioning me. How could I let my daughter date a drug addict?She's better than that, isn't she? He's a mess..." Pennyreplied.

"Oh my god! Mooommmmm. None of thatis true and you fucking know it. You're just being dramatic becausehe isn't as perfectas Andrew."

"Yes, you're right. I'd ratheryou be with someone who has a Masters and Phd than a musician."

"A musician I've known my wholelife who I can trust with my life, mom." Kassie snapped.

"I hardly doubt you'll be able totrust him with your life when he's not in it." her mother saidsarcastically. "How many times have you seen him in the last 3 6months, Kassandra?" Penny asked. "I bet you can count them onyour hand."

"I can count them on my hands and mytoes, mother. Geezus." she said.

"To have and be in a successfulrelationship you have to be with each other."

"Says who? My mother who hasn'tremarried in....13 years?" Kassie answered angrily.

"Get out of the house, Kass. I'lltalk to you when I'm not angry. And I don't want him over hereagain."

"Good, because I don't want tocome over here either." she said grabbing her pink Juicypurse holding her keys."It's probably better you don't understand, mom."

"Get out of this house, Kassandra."Penny answered pointing toward the door. Kassie walked angrily outthe door slamming it behind her.

**

"So, Bruno...tell us about theinspiration for Just the WayYou Are...there has to be aspecial someone that inspired you..." the interviewer asked.

"It's honestly to all the girlsI've ever dated. They all took so long, just putting on make-up onand trying to find the perfect outfit...when it reality they werejust perfect in the jeans and a t-shirt they had on before theychanged into the 5thdress in the closet..." he explained.

"So you're just an inpatientmother fucker, I take it?" they asked him.

"Well..." he laughed thinkingabout his answer. Yes.Always yes. "I'm justhungry. That's all." Bruno answered.

"But what I really think everyone iswondering is...is this song written about theone?" the interviewerinquired.

"Yeah. I think so. She's thebest." Bruno answered.

"So, Mr. Mars is not single?"

"Un...I mean...fortunately...I havea beautiful amazing girl in my life." he answered.

"And America's heart collectivelybreaks. Do we know her?" asked the interviewer.

"Ummm..." Bruno pausedcontemplating revealing Kassie's identity. "No, I don't thinkso." Bruno decided to keep her identity private.

"But will we find out soon? Will shebe in the video?"

"Everyone will just have to besurprised when I take her out." Bruno said flirtatiously.

"I guess we'll just to wait andsee, huh?" the interviewer answered.

After finishing the questions abouthis love life the person turned to Doo-wopsand Hooligans. They didn'teven touch the drug issue. It was a good day in Bruno's world.