Chapter 69

Kassie rolled over in her full sizedbed at her father's house glancing out the window facing the beach.It's so pretty. Kassiethought to herself burying her head in the blankets. I'mnot getting up yet. No way. This is my vacation.She thought to herself. A few minutes later she jumped out of bed.I'm going to go for a run.That's what I'm going to do. Sheput on a pair of cotton shorts she packed, a tour t-shirt and put herhair up putting on her flip-flops to leave at her starting point. Shegrabbed her ipod and started to run. She ran and ran and ran...foralmost an hour turning the corner to see Bruno sitting at her flipflops playing with his phone. She smiled at him whipping her hairaround to get the sweat off.

"I thought you might need these...andsome water" he said putting down his phone handing her the shoesand bottle of water.

She smiled again reaching to turn offher music landing next to him with a thud. "Thank you." sheanswered drinking most of the bottle of water. He watched her in awe.

"It's like you're going to drinkthe whole ocean..." he laughed at her.

"Well, there's too much salt inthere. And the sharks are scary." she pushed him making fun of him.She took a hold of his hand glancing at his watch to see what time itwas. 9 in the morning.

"What are you doing today, Bruno?"she asked him.

"We're shooting something foryoutube.." he told her. "Come with?" he asked her in a pleadingtone.

"No, B. You're going to be busyand I'll just end up sitting around." she told him.

"No, you won't. Just comewith...take a shower and come with. Pleassseeee?" he asked again. "You don't even have to put on make-up..." he respondedtouching her cheek sweetly.

"But..." she started as he leanedin to kiss her gently. "Okay." she blushed through her sweaty redskin.

**

"Come onnnn...Kassandraaaa...."Phil cried running up to her as Bruno spoke to the cameramen whowould be working with them.

"Is this like my coming out party?"Kassie asked them.

"If you want it to be..." Brunotold her handing her an umbrella.

"Hmmm...if it is I better put onsome make-up..and put on a different shirt..." she said glancing ather homecoming shirt from college.

"Just come on...you're being aprincess..." Bruno said pulling her toward his car.

"Where are we going?" she askedhim squeezing in between Phil and Ryan.

"We're going to the arena, sweetheart..." he said throwing her a VIP pass. "You'll need that."he told her.

She looked at it reading the detailsout loud. "Zac said it was sold out." she told him running herfingers against the plastic.

"He did?" Bruno asked in awe.

"Yeah. Like in a day. He said he hadto talk to your mom to get tickets for him and Tessa."

"Eww...he's dating Tess?" Ryanasked.

"Yeah...that's why they were therelast night...." Kassie explained."Well that and her older sisterwanted to..."

"Kassie..it's over. It's done.Just shut up." Bruno snapped looking at the cameraman shaking hishead.

They arrived at the arena in thepouring rain. Bruno ran to get Kassie holding her hand under theumbrella. "I don't want to mess up my hair..." he laughedwalking slowly with her behind everyone else.

"I like it that way, Bruno..." shetold him commenting on his curly hair. "I don't like it allfancy."

"You think I'm fancy, huh?" hejoked with her.

"Yeah. A little." she respondedclosing the umbrella shaking it dry as they walked in the back of thearena.

"Sit downnn..." Bruno pointed tothe chair in the dead center of the floor. "It's the best seat..."he said running to the stage grabbing a mic. He tapped it turning iton. "Yo, Phil..drop the beat..." Andnow he's completely forgotten about me. I knew this was going tohappen. She thought toherself smiling at how happy he was dancing on the stage singing madeup lyrics as they did their sound check. She took out her phonesending Tiara a text message.

This sucks.

I told you it would, Kittie. Youshould have listened to me.

Ugh. Don't rub it it.

But you're not mad at him areyou?

No. I'm not.

Yeah you are. I know you.

Okay. Maybe a little.

Wait until you're home to yell athim, Kass.

I will.

Love you, Kittie. Hang in there,dearie.

I'll try. See you later tonight?

Yes. We're going to karaoke thenight awaaayyyy...

Heck yes!

"Kassie...what's wrong, sissy?"Sam asked sitting down next to her.

"I don't know why I even came..."she answered her brother. "Like at all. I should have" juststayed home...and done Christmas with mom."

"Kittie..you know this is how he is.We all know that. You knew it. You did." Sam answered her.

"But I didn't know it would hurtthis much..." she told her brother.

"Sissy..."

"Ugh..I know it could be worse...."Kassie said. Her brother hugged her standing up to go back to thestage.

"I'll talk to him for you." hetold her.

"You don't have to..." Kassiesaid looking down at her phone reading another text message fromBruno's sister.

She wandered up to the front of thestage to see what they were doing after responding to the textmessage.

"Come here, Kittie..." Bruno toldher holding out his hand pulling her on the stage. "Sit down..."he pointed to the stool by the piano.

"Don't make me blush...everyone isgoing to start to watch you." she told him. The cameraman noticedwhat they were doing picking up the camera zooming in to see what wasbeing said. Bruno looked down at the keyboard smiling endlessly as hehit the keys to play Talkingtothe Moon.

"Bruno...stop...." she respondedquietly feeling tears fill up her eyes. He finished the song looklingup at her holding back his own tears. Kassie stood up standing nextto him hugging him tightly. "I'm so proud of you, Bruno. Youdeserve this." she whispered into his ear pulling away wiping atear from his eye. "I'm the one that's supposed to cry, notyou..." Kassie smiled at him.

"I know...but it's just soo...."he stopped trying to find the words.

"It's amazing, Brunito." Kassietold him rubbing his hair walking toward the edge of the stage whereher brother was standing.

"Thank you, Sammie..." she toldhim.

 "I didn't do that, Kittie."