Chapter 80

"He's home for like 4 days...and Iget to see him for a total of like 5 hours..." Kassie told hersister at dinner.

"I know it's hard...." Oliviatold her.

"It's just ridiculous, Like he'sdoing everything he's ever, ever, ever wanted and all I can thinkabout is dragging him back home...to be with me..." Kassieresponded in a sad tone.

"He'll be home soon...he said he'staking a break during November and December, right?"

"But I want him nooowwww..."Kassie whinned.

"Shut up, Kittie." Olivia laughedlooking toward their mother who was coming back from the restroom.

"So, Kass, tell me about your newwriting thing or whatever...." Penny asked not knowing that Brunowas the only thing she was thinking about.

"Oh..it's just a thing...I'mreviewing some stuff and all that..." Kassie explained her newwebsite and the team she was working with.

"At least Bruno's not here todistract you..." Penny answered the explanation.

"Mom...get over it." Oliviaanswered while Kassie pushed the leftovers of her lunch around theplate. She had just finally decided not to discuss their relationshipwith her mother anymore.

"Mom...everyone is going to be herefrom Hawaii tomorrow..." Kassie told her mother.

"Oh...for the concert?" she asked.

"Yeah. For the concert..." Kassieanswered.

"Oh. Then they'll have to comeover." Penny said pulling out a piece of paper scribbling what shewould have to do.

"I don't know if they'll havetime...they're only here for three days...it's just a regularshow, mom. He's not home for real. He won't be home for realuntil November at the earliest...." she responded.

"I didn't ask when he was going tobe home, Kassandra." Penny answered her daughter. "I just wantedto see his mother." Penny said.

"Whatever. You're not going tolike him, ever. He could be Jesus and you'd still hate him."Kassie answered standing up throwing some cash on the table. "Ihave to go. That should cover my lunch."

**

Kassie took her key out of her smallpurse opening the door to Bruno's empty cold house.

"Oh...it's so pretty...." shesaid running her fingers along his new couch and kitchen counters. She flipped on the light taking a hold of some paper he had scribbledon in the kitchen.

"Naw...I can't do that..." shetold herself putting the paper down.

She took her shoes off taking a holdof them glancing at the clock 11:.He'll be home soon....shethought to herself walking toward the dark bedroom tripping on a pairof lost shoes. "Shit..." she exclaimed picking up the boot."God...find your fucking place..." she spoke to herself throwingthe shoe toward the closet. She sighed heavily after throwing herselfin the big cushy bed. She curled up in a little ball off to the edgewhere she usually ended up when they were together. She drifted offto sleep not realizing that she was tossing and turning ending up onthe other side of the bed. She heard a slight noise in what felt likea few minutes later – but was actually three hours. "Brunnooo...."she called out hoping he was in the house.

"I'll be there in a second, baby."he whispered to her from the other side of the room watching herthrow herself toward his side of the bed in the middle of her sleep."Shit..." he screamed tripping on the shoe that she had throwntoward his closet. "Damn..I forgot about that..." Bruno toldhimself.

"Brunnooo..." she called out tohim again.

"Give me a second, Kittie..." hesaid pulling the blanket away from her wrapping his arms around her.She pushed herself away from him as he squeezed her. Whatever.She'll be all over me by the time she wakes up. Hethought to himself pulling his arms away from her. The second hishands came off of her she moved herself back toward him throwing herhand on his chest. "Ilove you, Kassandra..." he told her closing his eyes running hisfingers along her arm.