Chapter 58

Ohhhh.....owwwww....oh my godddd...."Kassie whined in the middle of the night. She threw Bruno's arm offof her to go to the rest room. "Holy shit. That was gross." shesaid to herself. She washed her hands walking slowly back to bed.Before her feet hit the carpet she turned back around feeling likedeath.

"Kassie?" Bruno asked with hiseyes closed moving his arms around her empty side of the bed."Kittie, are you okay?" Bruno asked her walking toward the livingroom where she laid in a ball on his couch.

"Nooooo...." she cried looking upat him wearing one of his sweaters shivering. "I think it was thefood..." she told him. He put his hands on her cheeks lightlyseeing if she was hot.

"Baby..you're burning up...." hetold her.

"No....." she sat up curling herlegs up starting to shiver again. "Shit...." she said.

He gave her a sad face trying tofigure out how to care for her. "Move over..." he told herpushing her over from the middle of the couch to the end.

"Stoopppp...." she told him.

"Close your eyes, Kassandra...."

"Are you trying to kill me?" sheasked him.

"No...lay your head on my lap,babe..." he told her grabbing a pillow that was on the floor fromearlier in the evening. She rolled her eyes laying down. "Closeyour eyes, Kittie..." he told her placing his fingers around hereyes rubbing them gently.

"Bruno....I didn't plan on gettingsick...but this isn't that bad." she told him trying not to fallasleep.

"Go to sleep, baby..just go tosleep..." he said moving his fingers to her shoulders. He kissedher head feeling her warm cheeks. Shit.I better not get sick. Hethought to himself moving himself around to grab the blanket she hadthrown to the ground covering them up. "Quit moving, Bruno. Geez."she said quietly.

"Shut up, Kittie. Geez." he toldher sweetly squeezing her as he adjusted himself to fall asleep withher in his arms.

**

A big pillow hit both of them later inthe morning.

"Owww."

"Shit. Why would you do that?"Kassie asked moving herself to see who it was.

"Get up." Sam yelled at them.

"Oh god....I can't..." Kassiesaid throwing herself toward the other end of the couch letting Brunoget up. "My head still hurts. I can't moveeee..." she whined.

"Stay there, Kassandra." Brunotold her.

"Quit being a drama queen, Kittie."Sam said flopping next to her wrapping his arms around her. "Imissed my seeesssttterrrr." She threw his arms off of him runninginto Bruno's bathroom.

"Brunoooo..how did you get herpregnant that fast? Woah." Sam answered. They both started laughingat his comment. A few seconds later Kassie came back out flushed asshe was earlier in the evening.

"I'm not pregnant, asshole. Thefood we ate last night made me sick." she said grabbing the sweatershe had on earlier in the evening curling up in the same ball she wasin earlier in the evening.

Bruno sat down next to her leaningtoward her ear. "Baby...."

"Whhhaatttt...." she answered him.

"I have to go. We have that thingtonight. Stay here...sleep. And I'll come back and get you. I can'tdo it without your pretty face to look at."

"I'll trrryyyy..." she saidclosing her eyes still not feeling well.

"I love you, Kassie." he kissedher head standing up to get dressed.

Sam sat down next to her after thebathroom door closed. "Kittie...He's for real this time. I'msorry I questioned y'all. He doesn't stop talking about you."

"He does what?" Kassie saidflipping over moaning in pain.

"Yeah. All the girls..he comparesthem. Like there was this chick...like Victoria' Secret hot. Hetold me that she had a freckle on her neck that bothered him. Andthen another one...he said that she didn't dance right...andanother one.."

"I don't want to know what hesaid. As long as he's mine at the end of the day." Kassie toldher brother. "Now go get me some water." she demanded.

**

"Kass?" Bruno asked peeking intothe bedroom where she was sleeping when he left earlier in the day.

"I'm right here, B." sheanswered walking out of the bathroom wearing a pair of tatteredjeans, converse and a tight blue graphic tee with LOVE written on thefront. She held mascara in one hand and eye shadow in the other.

"Are you feeling better,sweetheart?" he asked her careful not to get too close to her.

"I'm not going to get you sick,Bruno. Quit being a baby. And yes. I feel a lot better. That medicineyou gave me helped a lot."

"Just call me Doctor Mars." hesmiled at her holding out his hand.

"I'm not done putting on mymake-up yet." she told him as he pulled her in to him. "Brunnooo...wehave to be there in an hour."

"It takes 10 minutes to get there.And you look fine to me. But you'd look better without your clotheson." he winked at her.

"You could of just kissed me. Myclothes would be on the ground in two seconds." she answered him.

"I could...." he said leaning into her touching her cheek still feeling her a little warmer than theday before. He ignored it kissing her gently, yet deeply andpassionately.