Chapter 62

"Kass?" Bruno called out to herwalking out of the bathroom rubbing his hair dry. "Kassandra?" heasked again noticing she was gone. "Shit." he said taking a holdof his phone to call her. "Kassie...please...answer thephone...please..." he said out loud as it rang.

"Bruno..we're downstairs. You'regoing to miss the flight." she said hanging up the phone.

"Damnit..." he said throwing histhings in his suitcase picking up his jacket to put on over his redt-shirt. He threw it over his arms watching Kassie's necklace fallout of his pocket. "Oh...Kasssandra....come on..." he sighedholding it in his hand walking toward the door to leave his room.

Kassie saw Bruno walking toward themas they headed toward their car. She stepped away from the middle ofthe group trying to stay away from him.

"Hey, y'all. Thanks for waiting..."Bruno said quietly.

"We wouldn't of left without you,bro." Phred answered.

"Thanks." he said in the same tonekeeping his head down.

Cameras flashed as the group madetheir way through the airport.

"This is so dumb." Kassie told herfriends looking at them through her sunglasses she had stolen fromBruno's house months ago.

"She could have at least worn herown sunglasses, geez." Bruno said to his brother.

"Don't give up on her, Bruno.She's just confused about everything." he told his littlebrother. "I hope so..." he said glancing at his phone whichshowed where he was sitting on the flight back. "Amy...." Brunocame up behind her grabbing her waist. "Trade seats with me when*we get on the plane..please..." he whispered in her ear making afew people turn around. It looked like he was flirting with her.

"Do you want to get killed, Bruno?"she asked him.

"She's a killa on the run. I gotit." he told her.

"You're so dumb, Bruno." shetold him walking toward the plane.

Kassie walked to her window seattaking a hold of her Kindle not paying attention to Bruno who satdown next to her. I'm nottalking to him. These are going to be the worst two hours of my lifeshe thought to herselfglancing over at him talking to Phil. He'sso damn cute though...I can...no....but he's so..herconflicted thoughts ran through her head uncontrollably until hereached over to touch her hand. She didn't move her hand waitingfor him to talk to her.

"Kittie..I'm not going to let yougo." he told her touching her cheek making her turn around to lookat him. She felt her eyes get watery as he looked at her seriously."There's a lot of things in the world that I need, Kassie...butyou're number one on my list. Without you baby, there'd be nosunlight...no Christmas...no Thanksgiving...no birthdays...no...Ican't. I need you, Kassandra."

"But Bruno...you promised not tobreak my heart. This...I'm angry, I'm upset, I'm confused, Ijust don't know what to think." her thoughts poured out.

"I....I..don't know what to say,baby. I'm sorry." he said taking a hold of her other hand.

"Bruno...I'm sorry isn't goingto fix this. You fucked up. This is going to follow youeverywhere...you're going to be that Justthe Way You Are guy who isa coke head."

"Kittie...I know. I know. It's...Iwasn't thinking at all...."
"You're right you weren't..."she said through her tears.

"Please..Kassie...don't cry..."he responded touching the tears falling from her cheek.

"I can't stand to see you crying..."

"I can't stand to see you screw upeverything..." she told him.

"Life's too short for regrets,Kassandra." he told her.

"You don't understand why I'm soupset, Bruno...."

"But, Kassie..I do. And I need youto believe in me...and know that everything will be okay."

"But no promises. And no morebreaking my heart," she told him pointing to her chest.

 "No more breaking your heart,Kassandra." he said leaning in to kiss her as the seatbelt lightcame on.