Chapter 51

Here...taste this..." Bruno held outa French fry to Kassie.

"What's different about it?" sheasked him.

"Just eat the damn fry, Kittie..."he told her. She rolled her eyes taking it from his fingers eatingit. She made a grossed out face in response to the fry. "I know,right? It's not right." he told her.

"I need to go back in a time machineand take back all the good ones." she said.

"Wait..I know how to fix it..." hesaid taking a hold of his chocolate milk shake dipping them in thecup.

"Now try it..." he said.

"Oh. See, that does make it better."she answered him taking a hold of his milkshake sipping it throughhis straw.

"Hey! You could have gotten yourown!" he said trying to grab it from her. She wrapped her handsaround the cup smiling at him.

"It wouldn't have been as muchfun." she told him taking a sip of it again.

"Kitttttiieeeeee! oh my gosh! WhenFelicia said you were back I couldn't believe her!" they heardthe loud voice of Jordan coming up behind them. She gave Bruno aconfused look not sure how to react. She stood up giving one of heroldest friends a giant hug.

"Yeah, just for a few weeks. We'reall totally being tourists." she laughed pointing to their meal.

"Mmmm. But you know all the hiddenlocal spots, right, Bru?" she asked him hugging him too.

"Of course. That's the only way togo." he said reaching over to take the milkshake from Kassie whenshe wasn't looking.

"Damn." she laughed watching himdrink it.

Jordan squeezed into the table'sthird chair. "And guess who else is in town?" Jordan asked.

"Oh shit...." Bruno said with hismouth full.

"What?" Kassie asked turningaround to see what he was looking at.

"Oh fuck me." she answered puttingon a fake smile.

"Well, lookie here, lookie here...it'slike a reuinion." Claire smiled reaching over to hug Bruno.

"Hi, Claire. How are you?"

"A little sun burnt, but good."she said moving her shirt to show them her tan line.

"Well, I have to go...we'regetting together tonight right, Kittie?" Jordan asked.

"Yeah. And we need to go too, right,Bru?" she asked him.

"We do?" he asked.

"Yes. Your mom wanted to....to...takeyou shopping?"

"Oh. Yeah. Yeah. That." he saidgrabbing receipt to pay.

"Letr me go with you, I'm going topick up food for me and Derek." she said following behind Brunototally checking him out.

"What the hell?" Kassie leanedover to Jordan.

"I wanted to get to you before thishappened." Jordan said bluntly.

"What happened?" Kassie asked.

"Claire takes him from you."