Chapter 29

runo sat in a big rolling chair across from his production partner twirling a pen not sure what to write. He was moving his head humming along to something when suddenly his phone rang jolting him out of his thought pattern. An unknown 818 number popped up.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Bruno, it's Nick from the show. I need to talk to you..." he said.

"Umm..okay..give me a second..." Bruno said standing up to talk to the producer. "What's going on?" he asked.

"Kassandra is moving to Los Angeles. We want you to be at the club when she gets there her first night. And you can perform again. We can even try to get some of your music in the back..." Nick proposed.

"I said I would only do this once. It's kind of a huge mess for everyone now."

"Oh. Yeah. We know it's a mess. But we're going to fix that because y'all are going to get together." Nick informed him.

"I thought this was reality, not a soap opera..." Bruno answered. Nick started to laugh at Bruno.

"Ohh, Brunzie..you have no idea. We have some great storylines for the two of you."

"I'd rather write my own with Kassie..." Bruno said.

itable.

"Okay." Bruno said reluctantly.

"Then we'll see you then." Nick answered.

**

Kassie threw down a huge box on the floor of a giant apartment she would never have thought of living in at the age of 1.

"Holy...crap...I don't know what to do with al this space..." Kassie exclaimed looking at the big wide open window facing the community's infinity pool.

"Well thank the show, girl. I'm right next door when you need me." Clarissa told her.

"Let's go to Ikea later. I need so much stuff..." Kassie asked.

"Yes. I'm totally on for a trip to Ikea."

**

Kassie and Clarissa sat at a decorated table looking at the program.

"Who the hell..." Kassie said pointing to the entertainment.

"Shit. How does he do that?" she asked.

"It's like..I don't know. There are no words. How does he do this?" Kassie asked grabbing her phone to call him. "Bruno..what he heck?" she asked him after he picked up the phone.

"Hey, Kittie,..." he answered.

"No, really...why are you all the sudden everywhere I go?" she asked him.

"Jaime partners with the organization. They needed someone cheap. I'm cheap." he answered.

"Ugh. Whatever. I'll see you later tonight, Brunz." she hung up the phone rolling her eyes. "I just don't get it."

"I think it's fate. Y'all are cute together. " Clarissa answered.

"We were cute together when we were 16. We're just...weird now." she answered.

"Whatever, Kassandra." Clarissa answered getting up after someone pointed towards something asking her to fix it.

Later in the evening Kassie looked in the mirror fixing the microphone on her back. This is never going to be normal. She thought to herself. She fixed her hair, putting it in a low ponytail brushing off the glitter on her pants. She sighed heavily not quite sure about what she was doing.

"Kassie..." Lizzie ran up to her.

"Take care of this music mess. You know enough about it...hurry..."

She looked at the sheet that included several problems ranging from mics not working to not having enough extension cords.

"We need extension cords, Kittie.." Eric ran up to her. "They didn't give us enough..."

"How many? Will y'all be able to figure out the other stuff if I run out to get the cords?" she asked.

"Yeah..but take Bruno with you so he can get the right ones. They have to have the right little thingies..." he pointed to the top of the extension cord he had in his hand.

"Can't I just take this one and ask for another one like it?" she asked.

Eric heard a voice in his ear. "No, she can't it would be a waste of time. Take my brother." Kassie looked at him weird as he tried to listen to the director and Kassie at the same time.

"No. Bruno has to go." he answered.

"ugh..fine. But you have no idea how much I dislike this.." she said running over to him grabbing his arm.

"Hurry up, lazy. We have to be back in 0 minutes.." she demanded pulling him up from where he was sitting.

"Oh, oh...okay..." he answered.

"My car?" he asked her.

"Whatever...let's just go..." Kassie said walking over to Bruno's Civic.

"Kiss her, Bruno..." he heard the director tell him. He shook his head. Not yet. He thought to himself. He twirled his keys running over to her door unlocking it. She reached over opening his door smiling at him.

"Let's go to Lowes..they'll have them..." Kassie said pointing to the highway.

Bruno asked her about her new apartment and what she would be doing now that she was in Los Angeles.

"I know I'll be traveling a bit. I'm really excited about going to New York..." she told him.

"It's beautiful. One day I'll go back." he said.

"Your grandparents miss you all, Bruno." she told him.

"I know. And I miss the Puerto Rican food. I can't cook it."

"But you cook the hell out of your mom's food." she told him licking her lips. "Mmmmm. Delicious." she told him.

"I should cook it for you again." he smiled at her.

She laughed at his answer as he pulled up into a parking spot.

"Let's get those damn cords..." Bruno said. "I can't believe we didn't have enough. We always have enough..." he told her. She got out of the car struggling in her heals. Bruno walked behind her catching a glimpse of tropical flowers off to the side of the automatic door. He pulled some out of the pot quickly catching the attention of a cashier. "Sorry, girl. She's hot.." he answered the cashier's gaze. She laughed at his romantic gesture.

"Get her, dude." she answered him.

Kassie turned around after picking up a small basket looking at Bruno with his hands behind his back.

"What are you doing?" she asked him. "We have to be back in....ten minutes..." she said glancing at her watch. As she looked back up from her watch Bruno pulled out the orange flowers from behind his back.

"For you, Kassandra.." he smiled.

"Aww...that's sweet." she said looking at the dirt dripping from the bottom of the flowers roots. She took them from his hand smelling them as they walked through the store. She moved the messy flowers from her right hand to her left walking closer to him. He reached over to her hand squeezing it tightly. Oh my god. Kassie thought to herself.