Chapter 45

"You two need to leave them alone..."Penny told them.

"It's a train wreck, Mom...youjust have to watch it."

"That's what I've been tellingher for a long time..." Penny answered stepping toward the doorframe to hear their conversation.

"Bruno..that's not true..." shetold him. "You're happy in the studio, you're happy when you'reperforming, you're happy when you're with Audrey..you're happywhen you're with your family.." she told him trying to movecringing in pain.

"Don't move..." he said puttinghis hand on her. "Kassandra...yes..I'm happy when I'm singingand writing and all that...but..."

"What do you want, Bruno?" sheasked him turning the tables from the last time they had thisconversation. "Do you want me to say that I want everything to goback to the way it was a year ago? Do you want me to say that I loveyou and I miss you and I wish none of this had happened because itbreaks my heart to see you with another girl and it hurts even morethat you look at her the way you used to look at me? That it hurts somuch that I've cried? That I hate that you write songs about herand not me anymore? Because those are all things that I will say."she said cringing as she tried to wipe the tears off her cheek.

"Kassandra...." he reached up totouch the scar on her forehead. "I'm sorry I hurt you." hemoved his fingers along her face leaning in to kiss her. Ohshit. Kassie thought toherself as she returned his kiss.

"Stop. We can't do this, Bruno. Wecan't. No." she told him emphatically.

"You're right. We can't. Butthat doesn't mean we're not going to...." he said leaning in tokiss her again. As his head neared hers they heard their sistersrunning in the room with Audrey behind them.

"Kasssssieeeee....." Olivia cried.

"Bruno! What the hell? Just a sistermy ass..." Audrey yelled.

"Audrey...shhhh....you have everyright to be mad at me. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..but..."

"No. Whatever. You're an asshole.Phil can come and get your stuff. I don't ever want to see youever...ever...ever again..."

Kassie looked at Bruno and then at hermother and sister in shock.

"Shit...." Sam said walking inholding ice cream for the group in his hands. "She's pissed..."

"Mmmhmm..." Olivia, Penny andKassie said in unison.

"I need to go talk to her...."Bruno said starting to walk out the door.

"What the hell, Kassandra? I'd hityou upside the head if you weren't beat up already..." Oliviatold her.

"I deserve it...." she answered.

**

"Audrey...wait...pleaseee...."Bruno ran out the door holding her hand.

"Bruno...we need a break. I get it.I understand that she's one of your best friends. I would do thesame for Ashley...but I just...I don't know..."

"Baby...I want it to be you and me.I want us to be together forever..." he said touching her cheek thesame way he had just touched Kassandra."But you can't make mechoose between love and one of my best friends. I just can't dothat..." he said pulling his hand away from her. Wedo need a break. He thoughtto himself. I still don'tknow...he thought tohimself.

"I'll see you tonight, Bruno..."Audrey said kissing him on the cheek walking out to the car. "TellKassie I hope she feels better." she said flipping her hair to putit in a bun.

**

"Here, Kass..." Bruno said handingher a pack of ice.

"Thank you..." she smiled liftingher legs up to let him sit next to her. "B...."

"Yeah...?" he asked her.

"Will you bring me something backwhen you go to London?" she asked him.

"I'll bring you a fancy hat." hetold her.

"I want one of those big expensivefancy ones that only the queen wears." she told him.

"I don't know if it will beexpensive, Kittie..but I'll bring you back the most styling hatyou've ever seen." he told her.

"That's all I ask for." sheanswered. "well that and this scar to go away.." she saidpointing to her forehead.

"It's endearing." he told her.

"No it's not." she responded.

"Okay, no it's not. But the fancyhat will make it better." he told her as his phone started to ring."Oh..it's Audrey.." he said picking it up. "Hey, sexy...yeah.I'm gonna surprise you. Just wait. It will be off the hook." hesmiled into the phone.

"You have no idea where you'retaking her do you?" Kassie asked after he hung up.

"Not a damn clue." he told her.

"Take her to get that fancy wine...."she told him.

"That is a genius idea, Kass. That'swhat we'll do. Thank you..." he said moving her legs to stand up."Thank you, Kittie. It'll be perfect." he kissed her on thecheek closing the door behind him.

 "Shit...that's my fucking wine..."Kassie said out loud to herself. "Damnit...I want him.