Chapter 87

Kassie and Bruno somehow found a wayto dodge every single newspaper, blog, and tv reporter during theweeks following their Las Vegas adventure. He was even able to makeit in and out of Las Vegas a second tie with minimal attention. Hewas still uncomfortable with being famous and hated the attention.Kassie, on the other hand, thought it would be an epic reality tvshow moment. In the back of Bruno's head he knew he loved theattention. It kind of drove him crazy knowing that she relished theattention; however, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for her. After Bruno finished the last two shows of his American tour he camehome for a few weeks.

Bruno sat on Kassie's couch layinghis head on her shoulder while they watched some cheesy movie onComedy Central. "Kass...when are you going to come live with me?"he asked her.

"B..I live with you when you'rehere. You're only here three out of thirty one days. There's noreason for me to deal with all that shit when you're not eventhere...and your house is too big."

"Kass..it's the same size asyours...." he responded sneezing as he finished his sentence.

"Hey..Boogie..are you gonna go tothe doctor? You're losing your voice too." she asked him tryingto change the subject.

"I'll go when you move your prettybutt into my house." Bruno answered clearing his throat.

"We're going to have tocompromise, B." she told him.

"What are you going to do when youdon't have Amy to go to and I'm gone?" he asked her.

"I'll go over to Livvy's..."she thought out loud.

"Your sister wouldn't want to youto crash her baby making just because my house is too big..." heanswered her.

"Oh..but it's still yourhouse?" she answered,

"You know what I mean, Kittie. Don'ttry to twist my words." he said struggling to sit up.

"Bruno! For real. It's toostressful for now. Remember my cousin Addison and her husband John?They didn't live together right away..." she tried to find a wayout of moving into his house right away. It'sjust so real. Nothing has really changed yet...

"Kassandra...he went to Afghanistan.That's hardly a real comparison."

"Fine. You're right."

"Kittie...I don't want to ask youwhere you're going to be when I come home at 3 in the morning on aTuesday when you have to work at six. I don't want to worry aboutwhere you are if something happens. I want you to be safe...all thetime." he said in a raspy sick voice.

"I know, baby...I know...butI...it's...so real if I do that." she admitted. "I'm scared.This happened so fast. I mean....it's not that I don't want to.Of course I want to."

"It just makes us officially husbandand wife." he told her running his fingers along her hand to herempty ring finger.

"I need to fix that..." he repliedlooking at her finger.

"Ehh. It's okay." she shrugged.

"No it's not, Kassandra....youstay with Amy until I make it official."

"B...it was official after theshower." she mocked him.

"I'm serious. You're right. Youcan't move when I'm gone."

"ohh...you're too sweet. Let mewin all our arguments like this?" she responded.

"Wait..that was an argument?" heasked shocked."If it was does that mean we get to have make-upsex?"

"Not until you get rid of yourboogers, boogie." she answered kissing him on the cheek getting upfrom the couch to get something to eat.

**

"Kass...taste this..." Bruno heldout a spoon having her taste the sauce he was cooking for his familyget together.

"Oh...oh...oh god...that was hot."she responded grabbing the bottle of water next to him.

"Sorry." he said laughing at her.

"There's no tongue left....oh...owww..."she whined making a face at him.

"God. You two are gross, married ornot." Tahiti said wandering into the kitchen to get something forher kids. As she was running out of the room Olivia came inscreaming.

"Kittie...kassandra...Kass...comehere!" she exclaimed running into the bathroom. She shut the doorbehind her letting Bruno's two sisters, Tahiti and Jamie in theroom with them.

"I'm pregnant!" she exclaimedthrowing the stick on the counter.

"Yeeeeessss!" the three exclaimed.

"I'm sooo happy, Olivia!" Kassiesaid hugging her sister.

"Wait...." Tahiti said holding itup. "Kittie...go tell Brunito your pregnant. It will be the bestday ever..."

"I can't do that. He'd get mad." Jamie took the stick from Olivia's hand smiling the same way Brunodoes when he has a brilliant idea.

"Oh my god. Okay..." Kassieanswered reluctantly. They walked back to the backyard togetherscattering throughout those in the backyard. She went up to Brunopulling him gently away from everyone in a corner of the yard.

"Bruno...." she looked at himsweetly through his raybans.

"What? Make-up sex?" he wonderedout loud.

"No...." she pulled her hand outshowing him the pregnancy test trying not to crack a smile.

"Oh my god, Kassandra! Your sisteris pregnant!" Bruno exclaimed.

"Damnit." she responded in defeatmaking Bruno laugh his infectious laugh. He wrapped his arms aroundher hugging her tightly noticing that no one was paying attention tothem He leaned his mouth near her ear trying to decide what to say toher.

"I love you, Mrs. Hernandez."