Indeed, the child was brought home by mistake

Looking at the person who was crying opposite her, Yu Xi did not feel good either.

House Xuan was one of the capital’s top clans, so the eldest daughter of house Xuan was naturally a high-spirited figure. after all, he was someone who could win the heart of someone like his big brother, so how bad could he be?

She still remembered hearing people mention the eldest daughter of the Xuan family. They said that she was second sister-in-law’s College classmate and was even more popular than second sister-in-law in school.

looking at him now, he was only forty-six years old, but he looked like he was in his fifties or sixties.

His face was Haggard, and his body was thin and even a little hunched.

if it weren’t for the fact that there was still a shadow of the past in her eyes, yu xi would have suspected that she had recognized the wrong person.

at this moment, there was not a single trace of her former high-spirited self. for 19 years, the pain of losing one’s true love and living in hiding every day had forced her to this state.

in the end, she had become like this because of the yu family.

she was crying silently, and yu xi did not disturb her. he stood there quietly and waited for her to stop crying. he wiped his tears and said to him, ” “i’ve embarrassed myself. let’s talk inside.”

she said this with a smile, probably because she was thinking of yu xi from back then. in her memory, yu xi was still a child, and she realized that it was somewhat inappropriate to cry like this in front of a child.

However, she might as well not smile.

His smile was even more mournful.

xuan liuying stopped the tricycle and invited yu xi into the house.

it was already a dark and damp old building in a dark alley. the house that xuan liuying rented was on the first floor, making it even darker and damp.

as they walked in, yu xi could smell a musty smell caused by the humidity.

he used the faint light of the corridor to look at xuan liuying who was walking in front, his expression very complicated.

how could a person born with a silver spoon in her mouth endure this kind of suffering?

she could just leave the child to the su family or send him back to the xuan family. she was the only daughter of the xuan family. as long as she was willing to go back, the xuan family wouldn’t leave her alone. Without the children of the Yu family as a burden and with the backing of the Xuan family, her enemies would not find trouble with her.

The child she had brought up was not a good one. On the contrary, he was a hideous one. However, she could not bear to abandon him because he was the bloodline left behind by her big brother. She even blamed herself for not raising the child well.

She didn’t even think about how the high-spirited miss Xuan at Capital University had even convinced the second daughter of the SU family to become her good friend. How could she not teach a child well? it was just that the child was selfish by nature, and no matter how he was taught, it would be in vain.

however, when she was young, she would scold and discipline her child. when she grew up, seeing that she was more and more distant from her, she began to blame herself and panic. she no longer scolded her and indulged her everywhere.

perhaps it was because her temper and edges had been smoothed out over the years, or perhaps it was because that child was the only thing she missed, the only connection she had with her deceased love. she was afraid that she would be alienated from him and lose even this one connection, so she scolded the child less and indulged him more.