She had always been very smart

Jiang Rui wanted to get out of bed, but she couldn't move no matter how hard she tried. In the end, she could only give up.

she didn't wake him up, mainly because she thought that jiang cheng hadn't had a good rest during this period of time. she was afraid of waking him up, so she made less noise.

Unable to get up, Jiang Rui simply closed her eyes and continued to sleep.

however, after a night's sleep, he woke up and remembered that she was not his biological daughter, so he could not fall asleep.

she didn't fall asleep, but kept her eyes closed.

He thought about the past, the present, and the future.

The past was beautiful, and the present was set in stone. the future was unknown, but she could roughly guess it.

It was still the same saying. Everything was different.

as soon as she thought about how she would no longer be as close to her brother as before, her eyes would feel sore.

as she thought of this, there was a moment when she actually wanted to escape.

He had to run away from the facts that he had to face.

that was why she didn't open her eyes when she realized that the person behind her had woken up.

Her back was still facing him.

"rui 'er?" He called her in a low voice.

She did not respond.

Instead, her throat felt even more uncomfortable when she heard his voice.

The person behind her didn't make a sound. Her hand slid down to hold her hand, and she leaned closer to her and hugged her tighter.

He maintained this position for a few minutes before he got up gently.

As if he was afraid of waking her up, he got out of bed from the other side gently.

When he got off the bed, he did not forget to cover her with the blanket.

he seemed to have stood by the bed for a few more minutes. he was probably standing there to look at her, but jiang rui's back was facing him, so he couldn't see the exact situation.

a few minutes later, he closed the door and left the room.

only then did jiang rui open her eyes. after sleeping on her side for so long, she finally turned over and lay flat.

the curtains were not drawn tightly, and she could vaguely see that the sky outside was about to darken.

a few minutes later, the person who had left the room returned.

Jiang Rui wanted to open her eyes and get out of bed when she heard the noise, but she found that her throat was very dry, her nose was very sore, and her eyes were very sore.

it was as if she was about to cry in the next second.

She didn't want to cry anymore, especially not in front of Jiang Cheng and making him worry. She clenched her hands under the blanket and wanted to slowly wait for the soreness to subside before opening her eyes.

it was during this moment of hesitation that the person who returned to the room came to the bedside.

He walked closer with light steps.

He stood still by the bed and leaned forward slightly, very close to her.

"rui 'er," he called her.

His voice was very soft.