Worried that it won't end

“ai, i was just trying to break into your dormitory to find a topic to chat with your roommates. i’ll forget about it after talking, how could i have something on my mind? yan, do you think i have something on my mind because i didn’t say anything?”

jiang rui looked at shi yan and said seriously, ” “If that’s the case, then you’re really overthinking it.”

“it’s just that it’s my first time living alone outside and i’m not used to it. i’m just a little homesick.”

shi yan didn’t say anything, her eyes indifferent.

under her gaze, jiang rui compromised.

“Alright, I admit that I do have something on my mind. Yan, you said that you heard the conversation between Ren Kexin and I in your dormitory, right?”

shi yan nodded.

” sigh. ” jiang rui sighed. ” then you must have guessed what i’m thinking. ”

“i can’t believe i’m feeling uncomfortable because my brother might share his good things with someone else in the future. yan, do you think i’m crazy? Am I mentally normal? I’m being too petty and selfish.”

“I can’t accept that I’m such a person.” Jiang Rui scratched her head in frustration.

“i clearly know that i’m in the wrong, but i just can’t control myself. i don’t even know when i became so selfish. Could it be that I’ve always been this kind of person? It’s just that I’ve been hiding these bad qualities?”

jiang rui cried.

He really couldn’t accept himself like this.

“yan, i didn’t realize this before, so i didn’t think much of it. now that i’ve realized it, i realize that the problem is serious. I’m afraid that I’ll even hate myself if I do.”

” a vicious sister-in-law who wants to take over her brother’s marriage and break up the couple. i’m scared when i think of the possibility of her becoming such a person. ”

“why do i have such a selfish mentality? I really can’t figure it out.”

looking at her frenzied expression, shi yan said, ” “Everyone has their own selfish thoughts, there’s nothing to be confused about.”

“Yan, don’t you think it’s wrong of me to do this?” Jiang Rui suddenly raised her head and looked at her.

“there’s nothing wrong with that. rui ‘er, i’m only asking you this. have you ever had such a strong desire to possess anything since you were young?”

jiang rui shook her head decisively, not knowing whether to laugh or cry. to be honest, before today, I didn’t even know that I had such ‘good qualities’ as possessiveness and selfishness.

since there’s no such thing, humans are not Saints. What’s wrong with being selfish once in a while? ”

jiang rui stared at her with wide eyes. she found it hard to believe that shi yan would say such a thing.

in her eyes, shi yan was calm and indifferent, detached from the mortal world, and a man without desires and thoughts. she was the only one who was not selfish.

since shi yan wasn’t a selfish person, she probably wouldn’t agree with other people’s selfish mentality of not caring about them.

anyway, that was what jiang rui thought.

No matter how she sized Shi Yan up, her expression remained as calm as ever. Jiang Rui suddenly felt that she really didn’t know Shi Yan well enough.

however, for some reason, this did not affect her love for shi yan.