Shopping At the Mall

Perhaps she could see Shi Yan's confusion, so Xiao Zhao said, "The fifth master's health is not good, so he will occasionally go to the hospital for a check-up. However, the fifth master does not go out very often. Usually, he will invite the attending physician directly to the old residence. The fifth master seldom even goes out to the courtyard. A situation like today, where we meet the fifth master in the old residence, only happens every few months."

Shi Yan turned around and glanced at the car that had already gone far away.

It was not even nine o'clock in the morning and they were already going to the hospital for a check-up?

"So that's how it is."

!!

Seeing that Shi Yan's expression was as usual, not seeming to have the slightest bit of curiosity, Little Zhao could not help but look at her a few more times.

Didn't Miss Shi wonder why they had stopped and waited for the fifth master to pass through when they could have passed through at the same time? Didn't she wonder why they hadn't rolled down the car window to greet him when they met him?

If it were anyone else, they would have died of curiosity. Miss Shi was simply too calm.

She was only nineteen years old!

This temperament...

It should be said that she was worthy of being valued by the old lady. She was outstanding indeed.

She didn't continue to dwell on this topic. With lingering fear, she looked through the mirror at the car that had gone far away. After exhaling lightly, Little Zhao asked, "Is it convenient to ask Miss Shi what you want to buy at the mall?"

Seeing Shi Yan look up, Little Zhao explained with a smile, "There are a lot of large malls in Sea City. I'd like to know what you want to buy so that I can select the right malls."

"There's nothing inconvenient in you asking me. My home in the countryside doesn't have anything special, and the journey to Sea City was quite far, so it was inconvenient to bring too much luggage. So, I didn't prepare a welcome gift for Old Madame Jiang in advance. I plan to go to the mall to take a look."

"A gift?"

Little Zhao never expected that she would go out early in the morning just to buy a gift.

Shi Yan smiled elegantly, "It's my first time visiting. It's rude to come empty-handed, and it's already very rude of me not to prepare it in advance."

Little Zhao looked at her and sighed once again in his heart.

Not only was Miss Shi an extraordinary person, but she was also very considerate at such a young age, even without the reminder of an elder. She really didn't look like a person who had never seen the world apart from the countryside!

It was basic courtesy to prepare a welcome gift when visiting a guest for the first time. However, considering that Miss Shi was an orphan living in the countryside and might not be financially well off, the old lady certainly did not want Miss Shi to spend money. Although Old Madame Jiang did not remind her to pay attention to this matter, as the person that Old Madame Jiang had arranged to take care of Miss Shi temporarily, she had to mention this to Miss Shi tactfully.

Hence, Xiao Zhao said, "Actually, Old Madame Jiang is very happy that Miss Shi came as a guest. You don't have to especially prepare a welcome gift. You agreeing to come as a guest was the best gift for Old Madame Jiang."

Shi Yanqing smiled faintly and replied, "I don't have to prepare a welcome gift. I just want to go shopping on the way. If there are suitable gifts, then I will buy them. If there aren't, I won't."