Have You Practiced Before

After Kong Xiangxiang left the noodle shop, Shi Yan and Jiang Rui continued eating.

Shi Yan drank some porridge, opened the pastry box, and ate two more pieces of pastry. When she was almost done eating, Jiang Rui glanced at the mess that Xuan Liuying had cleaned up in the noodle shop.

She hesitated and asked Shi Yan, “Little Yan, I see that your skills are not bad. Have you practiced before?”

Jiang Rui had wanted to ask this question earlier. She was born in the Jiang family of Sea City, so naturally, she had to receive corresponding training since she was young. However, her focus was not on martial arts, so she could barely protect herself.

However, this did not affect her eyesight.

She could see that Shi Yan’s flash and kick had a knack for it.

“When I was young, I practiced military boxing with the elders of my family for a few years.”

Jiang Rui thought that her question would put Shi Yan in a difficult position, but she did not expect Shi Yan to answer so calmly, as if she was not afraid of being doubted by others.

After all, there were too many things that did not match her background and her appearance.

After being slightly stunned by her calmness, Jiang Rui did not ask any more questions. She only smiled and said, “As expected, I knew that you must have practiced it, since you were so good.”

“By the way, I saw that you and Xuan Wan Rou seemed to know each other just now. How did you two meet?”

“Not really. I met her once at a restaurant when I was out shopping when I first arrived at Sea City.”

“She’s so hostile to you just because you met her once? Did you two have a grudge?”

Without waiting for Shi Yan’s reply, Jiang Rui continued to say, “With your personality, you probably wouldn’t take the initiative to have any interaction with Xuan Wan Rou. She must be looking for trouble again.”

After being together for so many days, Shi Yan gave Jiang Rui the feeling that she was not only gentle and polite to others, but also Buddhist.

Yes, she was Buddhist!

She did not have any other hobbies other than reading books, and she did not have any special requirements for life. Whether it was eating in a top restaurant or a small roadside shop, wearing top-class high-quality clothes or ordinary clothes, living in a top-class mansion or a small farm house, she was able to deal with it calmly.

With her temperament, she really did not seem like a young person of the present age.

Shi Yan smiled faintly and did not say anything, which could be considered as a tacit agreement of Jiang Rui’s words.

She really did not take the initiative to have any interaction with Xuan Wan Rou. She did not know where Xuan Wan Rou’s inexplicable malice towards her came from.

She knew that Xuan Wan Rou’s malice toward her was not because she had caught the mother-daughter argument, and clearly understood that Xuan Wan Rou was not as glamorous as she appeared on the surface. It was because before that, when she had been eating in the restaurant, she had felt Xuan Wan Rou’s malicious gaze.

Seeing her reaction, Jiang Rui thought to herself that it was indeed so.

“In my opinion, Xuan Wan Rou is simply mentally ill. You don’t have to pay attention to her.”

Before saying this, Jiang Rui first looked at Xuan Liuying, who was cleaning, and made sure that she could not hear their conversation from such a distance.