Wether had check her background

That person was also looking at her.

He was about 1.85 meters tall, with a cold, handsome face and sharp eyes.

This was Jiang Cheng, the young master of the Jiang family. He was 24 years old and had already taken over the Jiang family’s business in Sea City. He was the legitimate leader of the Jiang family in Sea City.

All of this was mentioned by Old Madame Jiang and Shi Yan during their conversation on the phone.

!!

Shi Yan put down her teacup and stood up. She smiled, then nodded, “Hello, I’m Shi Yan. Sorry to bother you.”

Jiang Sheng looked at her and retracted his gaze. He walked in and said, “Miss Shi. Hello, I’m Jiang Sheng.”

He didn’t intend to shake her hand or greet her. He only nodded his head slightly, his expression indeed very cold.

Perhaps it was because someone had warned her in advance, or perhaps it was because Shi Yan didn’t care, but her expression didn’t change at all. There was still a decent smile on her face. She greeted him again, “Young Master Jiang.”

Jiang Cheng’s gaze fell on her face once again.

However, he only paused for a few seconds before he shifted his gaze away. It was as if he was curious about her bearing, which did not seem like that of a country bumpkin, but he did not intend to probe further.

“Miss Shi, you’re too kind. You’re Grandmother’s guest.”

He implied that he was not disturbing her.

“Miss Shi, please take a seat.”

Shi Yan sat down, and Jiang Cheng sat down on another sofa.

“The family members aren’t at the old residence, so they’re being neglectful. Grandma and my sister went to visit an old friend who is sick, and they won’t be back for at least three days. I’m busy with work, so I’m afraid I won’t be able to receive Miss Shi personally. If Miss Shi needs anything, just look for the butler, Uncle Hai, and he’ll make the necessary arrangements.”

Jiang Sheng was polite, but he was also cold.

However, the family members weren’t at the old residence? Didn’t they say that there was another master five?

Shi Yan did not ask any further.

She smiled and replied, “Okay.”

She did not say anything else, but he reminded her to look for the butler, Uncle Hai, if she needed anything.

Jiang Sheng glanced at the old zhong on the wall and said, “Dinner is usually at 6:30 pm. There’s still about half an hour left. Miss Shi, please sit here for a while. I have something to take care of in the study.”

“Young Master Jiang, go and do what you need to do. Don’t worry about me.”

Jiang Cheng nodded and got up, but he didn’t leave immediately. Instead, he called a passing servant and said, “Go and call uncle Hai over to have dinner together.”

“Yes, Young Master.”

Jiang Hai usually didn’t come over to have dinner together.

Although the servant was suspicious, she didn’t ask any more questions.

However, hearing Jiang Cheng’s instructions, Shi Yan once again lamented that the Jiang family of Sea City was meticulous and considerate in their work.

There was no one else in the Jiang family’s old mansion, and the fifth master of the Jiang family didn’t go out often. It was indeed a little inappropriate for her and young master Jiang to be the only ones having dinner later. However, it was her first time visiting, and they had met and greeted each other in the main building. It would be rude of young master Jiang to leave her alone for dinner.