Interaction Between Siblings

Shi Yan replied with a faint smile, “Of course.”

“Then don’t call me Miss Jiang. Just call me Rui’er. That’s what my family calls me.”

“Rui’er.”

Jiang Rui stared at her for a few seconds, then suddenly said, “Xiao Yan, you’re really good-looking!”

!!

Jiang Rui had heard from Grandma Jiang more than once that Shi Yan was good-looking. She believed in her aesthetic judgment, not thinking that Grandma Jiang only thought that her savior was good-looking because she had a filter when it came to the girl. Since Grandma Jiang said so, it meant that Shi Yan was really good-looking.

However, even though she was mentally prepared, when she saw Shi Yan in person, Jiang Rui could not help but be amazed.

Her sudden praise left Shi Yan stunned for a moment. Then, she smiled and said, “Thank you. You are also very good-looking.”

“Okay, okay. Both of you are very good-looking. Quickly, sit down.”

Grandma Jiang was very satisfied when she saw the two of them chatting and getting along so well.

“Xiao Yan, come and sit down,”Jiang Rui insisted warmly.

Shi Yan walked over and sat down.

“Xiao Yan, this is my granddaughter, Jiang Rui. I mentioned her to you on the phone. Do you need me to introduce you further?”

Grandma Jiang looked at Shi Yan with a smile.

Shi Yan replied, “You don’t need to introduce me.”

She then nodded slightly at Jiang Rui, who was looking at her.

Her gaze fell on the gift bag that was placed on the solid wood tea table in front of her and said, “I have prepared four gifts. Two handkerchiefs are for first madam and second madam, respectively. The silk scarf is for Rui’er. I didn’t see anything suitable for Grandma Jiang, so I brought along a string of Buddhist beads that I went to the temple with my elders to beg for a long time ago.”

Grandma Jiang believed in Buddhism.

“Buddhist beads? You are such a thoughtful child. Little Bowl, open it and take a look.”

Little Bowl was the woman beside Grandma Jiang. In the old house, everyone called her Auntie Bowl.

“Let me help,” Jiang Rui insisted, in high spirits.

Holding the silk scarf, Jiang Rui exclaimed, “Wow, this is too beautiful!”

It was indeed beautiful. Jiang Rui was not exaggerating; even Grandma Jiang was a little surprised.

The silk scarf and the two handkerchiefs were lying in the gift box. Whether it was the material or the workmanship, although they were not the best in the industry, they could not be bought anywhere.

The embroidery was very delicate and exquisite.

Looking at the string of Buddhist beads lying in the wooden box, they looked ordinary at first glance, but upon closer inspection, felt completely different. A sense of antiquity washed over her. Grandma Jiang believed in Buddhism and was very knowledgeable about Buddhist beads. With one look, she could tell that these were not ordinary Buddhist beads.
Auntie Bowl saw Grandma Jiang staring at the Buddhist beads, so she picked them up and handed them to her.

Grandma Jiang held them in her hand, gently stroking them.

She was even more amazed.

She looked at Shi Yan and said, “Xiao Yan, these…”