Yu Shi Yan Was a Good Thing

“No, there’s nothing wrong with it,” Grandma Jiang shook her head and said.

Then she looked at Shi Yan and added, “It’s just…”

As she said, she suddenly stopped.

Shi Yan saw it in her eyes and did not urge her to continue. She waited quietly for her to speak. It was as Grandma Jiang said, she was an excellent listener; if Grandma Jiang did not say anything, she did not intend to ask further.

!!

Grandma Jiang was very fond of her quiet and courteous manner. After a moment of hesitation, she said, “As for Lao Wu, I have rarely mentioned him to you. You should know very little about him.”

Shi Yan gave a noncommittal and elegant smile.

“Lao Wu used to be a doctor with excellent medical skills. He once worked in a hospital in Jingdou. Although Lao Wu used to have a thin temperament, he was much more spirited than he is now. All the changes came from the car accident three years ago.”

Car accident?

Shi Yan recalled the sickly appearance of that person who was as gentle as jade, sitting in a wheelchair. Her expression finally changed slightly.

“In that car accident, Laowu suffered extremely serious injuries and was almost unable to be saved…”

At this point, Grandma Jiang let out a long sigh.

“Fortunately, Lao Wu’s achievements in the medical world were not small. He made many powerful colleagues and friends, which was why he was able to survive due to the combined efforts of many experts. However, Lao Wu’s body was also greatly affected because of this. He had no choice but to quit his job and go home to recuperate. This period of recuperation lasted for three years.”

“Then now he…”

Shi Yan finally could not help but ask.

Grandma Jiang looked at her and met her calm gaze. She paused and said, “It doesn’t affect his normal life, but his body is still fundamentally injured. He needs to rest well while having regular checkups.

“Ever since the car accident three years ago, Fifth Brother likes to lock himself in the yard and doesn’t like to be disturbed by others. Unless he wants to go out, no one can invite him. It was very rare for you to meet him in the yard today. He hasn’t liked to interact with others since he came back three years ago. It’s even rarer for him to agree to let you send him back.”

Grandma Jiang wouldn’t say these things for no reason, but Shi Yan didn’t ask any further. Instead, she quietly waited for Grandma Jiang to continue.

Sure enough, after a few steps, Grandma Jiang spoke again.

“Xiao Yan, Grandma Jiang treats you as her own granddaughter. From your standpoint, I’m thinking of you. Grandma Jiang actually doesn’t approve of you interacting with Lao Wu much, but… Grandma Jiang still wants to be selfish for once.”

Shi Yan was a little puzzled, but she didn’t show it on her face.

“Grandma Jiang, feel free to say what you want to say.”

Her voice was elegant and ethereal, and her tone was indifferent, as if she wasn’t very curious about what the old lady was going to say next.

She was just like that. She didn’t care about anything and was able to deal with anything calmly.

When the old lady met her three years ago, what she admired the most was her unchanging attitude, even when Mount Tai collapsed.

Three years ago, she was only 16 years old.