Did Not Agree to the Proposal

The former was Shi Yan, and the latter was Grandma Jiang.

Their reactions surprised everyone, especially that of Grandma Jiang. No one had expected her to object to the proposal.

Kong Xiangxiang frowned slightly.

Grandma Jiang indeed had the idea of matchmaking this orphan girl from the countryside with her son, which was why she did not agree to be her god-granddaughter!

!!

If not for Grandma Jiang’s intention, she would have admired Shi Yan a little.

It was indeed admirable for an orphan from the countryside to have such looks and bearing. However, it was a different story if she was to be her daughter-in-law.

She would not be able to get through just based on her family background!

If her son was only from an ordinary aristocratic family, it would be fine. However, her son was the future head of the Jiang family in Sea City. The other half of her son would have to have a substantial backer, not to mention help her son. At the very least, she would have the ability to take charge when there was a sudden crisis.

This was only because his beauty and temperament were not enough. He had to have the ability and a place where he could seek help.

It was still unclear whether Shi Yan had that ability. After all, she was still young and had room to grow up. However, Shi Yan was an orphan girl from the countryside. If something happened to her, she would have nowhere to find help.

A few days ago, she received a silk scarf from Grandma Jiang. She said that it was a welcome gift from Shi Yan. She had a good impression of Shi Yan. She felt that she was a child who understood etiquette and had good taste, until she heard the rumors outside that the old lady intended to matchmake Shi Yan and her son. Then her impression of Shi Yan changed a little.

However, after a meal, her impression of Shi Yan changed.

Shi Yan was not a person who liked to stand out. It could be seen from the fact that she had been quietly listening to others while eating. Moreover, she had an indifferent and lustless temperament.

Even so, she still wanted to prevent Grandma Jiang from matchmaking Shi Yan and her son.

After all, Shi Yan might not have any intentions towards this, but Grandma Jiang might.

Anyone with eyes could see Grandma Jiang’s fondness for Shi Yan.

It was impossible to disagree with Shi Yan living in the old residence. She could not oppose Grandma Jiang on such a small matter, so she came up with a proposal to let the old lady accept Shi Yan as her god-granddaughter.

If she officially accepted Shi Yan as her god-granddaughter, she would be a member of the Jiang family. In the future, the Jiang family would prepare a generous dowry for her when she got married, and she would also have a share of the family property, although it would not be much.

She was willing to give both the dowry and a small share of the family property. As long as Shi Yan became Grandma Jiang’s granddaughter, it would be impossible for her to be with her son.

She originally thought that only Grandma Jiang would oppose her proposal, but she did not expect Shi Yan to oppose it as well. Could it be that such an elegant girl, who did not have any desire in her eyes, also had feelings for her son? Was it not Grandma Jiang’s wishful thinking?