The old lady's entrustment

“it’s all thanks to yan!” the old lady smiled affectionately at shi yan.

“Grandma Jiang, you’re too kind,” Shi Yan smiled calmly.

She didn’t claim any credit, nor did she deny that it wasn’t her credit.

the meal ended in such a calm manner.

they were not in a hurry to leave. the old lady asked them to have some tea and snacks after dinner.

there had never been a time where they stayed for tea and snacks after lunch because the old lady had the habit of taking a nap after her digestion. she would not stay for long.

apart from shi yan, everyone, including jiang cheng, was puzzled by the old lady’s abnormal behavior today.

Jiang Rui sat beside Jiang Cheng and looked at the old lady sitting on the old man’s chair opposite her. She approached Jiang Cheng and asked in a low voice, ” “Brother, grandmother suddenly asked us to stay. Is there something wrong?”

jiang cheng glanced at the old lady.

“I’m not sure,”

“why do i feel like everyone has been acting weird these past two days? brother you are like this, grandmother is also like this.”

Jiang Cheng looked down at her and rubbed the top of her head. “There’s no such thing, don’t think about it all day.”

he was indeed busy, but he was not sure if his grandmother was.

Just now at the dining table, his grandmother had specifically mentioned that Shi Yan and fifth uncle had gone out together yesterday. He did not think that his grandmother had mentioned it unintentionally.

Grandmother had called them over in the name of eating to remind them that Shi Yan and fifth uncle had an extraordinary relationship.

However, since she had already reminded them at the dinner table, why did grandmother still keep them?

jiang cheng couldn’t guess.

just as he was thinking, jiang heng asked his doubts, ” “Grandmother, you didn’t make us stay just for tea and snacks, did you?”

“Why? can’t I?” the old lady scolded.

Jiang Heng immediately surrendered. Okay, okay, okay. As long as you’re happy, I’ll do anything.

the old lady was amused by his surrender. she looked at jiang cheng and asked, ” “Sheng, I heard you’re going on a business trip for a few days?”

“brother, are you going on a business trip? How come I didn’t know? Are you afraid that I’ll blame you for not being able to send me to school on your business trip? have you not thought of how to tell me?”

Without waiting for Jiang Cheng’s reply, Jiang Rui said, ” “no wonder i’ve been feeling that you’ve been acting weird these past two days.”

“I can send you to school.”

“it’s just that i wasn’t in haicheng during your military training,” jiang cheng said.”i was afraid that something might have happened to you, and i just happened to be away.”

of course, this was not the whole truth.

it was true that he was going on a business trip. she had only confirmed it yesterday.

He had originally planned to tell Jiang Rui ‘er about her background before school started so that she could take the time to relax during the half a month of military training.