Cars That Need to Make Way

After a few seconds of silence, Jiang Cheng said, “She is someone that grandmother personally came in contact with and approved of. I believe in my grandmother’s ability to see through people. There’s no need to look into it to avoid making grandmother angry.”

“I naturally believe in Old Madame Jiang’s ability to see through people. I also feel that Miss Shi doesn’t seem like a child with evil intentions, but the old residence now…”

Jiang Hai immediately shut his mouth when he saw Jiang Cheng’s sharp gaze.

“I misspoke.”

!!

Jiang Cheng didn’t continue on this topic. Instead, he said, “Grandmother knew her three years ago, and stayed at her house for half a month to recuperate. I believe my grandmother knows what kind of person she is. With grandmother’s presence in the early years, the Jiang family in Sea City didn’t decline after my grandfather passed away. Instead, it gradually became more prosperous than ever before. As you can see, Grandmother is far more cautious than you and I.

“Since Miss Shi is grandmother’s guest, we will treat her as a good host should. There’s no need to think about anything else. Our Jiang family of Sea City will not do anything ungrateful.”

Even if a 19-year-old girl really did have other intentions, he would naturally keep an eye on her since she lived in the old house. He would be very incompetent if he allowed a young girl to do something unfavorable to the Jiang family right under his nose.

“Don’t say such things in the future.”

“Yes, Young Master.”

Jiang Hai sighed in his heart. He actually liked Miss Shi quite a lot, but as the housekeeper of the Jiang family, it was his duty to maintain his rationality and avoid involving personal feelings at all times.

However, since the eldest young master had already said so, he didn’t mention it anymore.

The eldest young master had taken over the family business at such a young age, even able to manage the business in an orderly manner. There was no need to mention his own ability.

“Send someone to inform fifth uncle about Miss Shi’s visit to the old residence.”

“I was afraid that it wouldn’t be good if Miss Shi were to bump into fifth master while walking around the old residence, so I personally went to fifth master’s Courtyard and informed him about it this afternoon.”

“That’s good.”

“Why would Rui’er accompany grandmother out? Grandmother’s old friend values rules the most. With Rui’er’s character, how can she endure being restrained for even a few days?”

Jiang Hai felt that the solemn atmosphere from earlier had dissipated a little, so his entire person became a lot more relaxed. He smiled and said, “Eldest young miss would have been bored staying at home. Although eldest young miss has a very lively character, she can still be well-mannered in front of the elders and won’t be rude. Eldest young master doesn’t have to worry too much.”

“I’m not worried that she will be rude in front of the elders. I’m worried that she will feel bored if she keeps her personality in check… Forget it, grandmother is old. She can be at ease with her company.”

Jiang Hai nodded with a smile and said, “That makes sense.”

“If young master is worried that the eldest miss will be bored, you can call her more often. The eldest miss has stuck to young master ever since she was young. She should be very happy if she receives a call from you.”