Mother-in-law and Daughter-in-law Problems

Jiang Rui looked at Jiang Cheng and asked with a smile, “Mom, didn’t you ask us to come over for dinner?”

Kong Xiangxiang glanced at her, “Don’t joke with me.”

Jiang Rui shrugged. “Okay, Mom. Brother and I know your intentions. Aren’t you just trying to find out my brother’s thoughts about the rumors about my grandmother trying to set up my brother and Xiao Yan?

“If you have something to say, just say it. We’re family. There’s nothing that we can’t say openly.”

“You’re the smart one!”

After scolding her, Kong Xiangxiang looked at Jiang Cheng. “Ah Cheng, although those rumors may not be true, Mom still wants to know what you think.

“To be fair, that little girl named Shi Yan is indeed very outstanding. At least, she’s far from what I imagined a country girl to look like. Moreover, she saved your grandmother. The Jiang family in Sea City owes her a big favor. Mom shouldn’t have any prejudice against her… Mom doesn’t have any prejudice against her, but the rumors are just rumors.”

Kong Xiangxiang’s words made Jiang Cheng frown.

Jiang Cheng’s expression was indifferent to begin with, giving off a feeling of being away from strangers. Now that he was frowning, the pressure he gave off was even stronger.

Just by being stared at by his sharp eyes, Kong Xiangxiang’s imposing manner weakened a little.

“Mom, you just said that it was a rumor. Since when did you even begin to believe these groundless rumors?”

“I- I don’t believe it either. I just want to hear your thoughts. I’m your mother, and this is related to your marriage. Can’t I even ask about it?”

“You know me. If I don’t want to, even you can’t control my marriage.”

Jiang Cheng was expressionless. Even though he was facing his biological mother, his attitude was still cold and hard.

Although she knew that this was his personality, Kong Xiangxiang was still a little angry and a little hurt when she heard him say that.

“Ah Cheng, I’m your mother. Do you have to treat me like an outsider?”

Jiang Cheng did not respond to her. He only said, “You don’t have to worry about the rumors outside. I have no interest in Miss Shi, and Miss Shi has no interest in me.”

Jiang Cheng glanced at the hand held by Jiang Rui under the table. When he met Jiang Rui’s pleading gaze, he paused for a moment, then continued, “Miss Shi is grandmother’s guest. Now that she gets along well with Rui’er, she can be considered Rui’er’s friend. Even if you don’t take into account the fact that she once saved grandmother, as an elder, you shouldn’t be so prejudiced against a junior. She’s just a 19-year-old girl. I heard she’s a month younger than Rui’er.

“Her background is already pitiful. Since grandmother likes her, why do you have to make things difficult for her? Don’t make people think that the Jiang family of Sea City would takes revenge for kindness and bully the weak.”

“How am I making things difficult for her? I just want to know what you think!”

“Mom, you’re already treating Xiao Yan to coffee. Isn’t that called making things difficult?” Jiang Rui asked. “Although you didn’t say it clearly when we were drinking coffee, Xiao Yan isn’t stupid. How could Xiao Yan not see through your intentions?

“It’s just that Xiao Yan is kind and doesn’t care. If it were me, I would definitely be very angry that I was probed like this even though I didn’t do anything. I might have fallen out on the spot. Xiao Yan didn’t, and she gave you a lot of face.”