Was Going to the Bamboo Garden

“Miss Shi, aren’t you going to read today?” Xiao Zhao asked Shi Yan, who was watching TV on the sofa in the living room, while cleaning.

Shi Yan had been in the living room for a long time, and the TV in the living room had not been turned on more than five times. Today, after she woke up, washed up, and finished her breakfast, Shi Yan had been sitting in the living room watching TV until noon.

It was almost twelve o’clock in the afternoon.

Saying that she was watching television did not seem to be the case. When Xiao Zhao passed by, she glanced at the television a few times. Several times, she saw that the television was broadcasting the same channel, and she did not see her changing the channel when a commercial came on.

Shi Yan was still wearing her usual clothes today, but her hair was scattered.

Normally, her clothes were more casual, and it was very suitable for her to wear at home.

However, if she said that she was not watching TV, then she had sat on the sofa and stared at the TV for a long time. She did not do anything else. Occasionally, she held her phone and the remote control.

However, it was Shi Yan. It was rare for her to take off her shoes and sit lazily on the sofa. She usually sat upright. At most, she would relax and lean against the sofa after sitting for a long time.

Hearing Xiao Zhao’s question, Shi Yan looked away from the television.

She smiled and said, “I’ll watch it later.”

Seeing that her expression was normal, Xiao Zhao did not ask further.

She thought to himself that Miss Shi read almost every day. Perhaps she just wanted to rest.

“It’s almost lunchtime. Where are you going to have lunch today, Miss Shi?”

The reason why Xiao Zhao asked this was because Shi Yan would occasionally go to the main building to eat. Occasionally, she would go to Grandma Jiang’s courtyard to accompany the old lady. Sometimes, she would go to Jiang Rui’s courtyard to accompany the two of them. However, most of the time, Shi Yan would ask Xiao Zhao to send food to her small courtyard to eat alone.

“Let’s eat here.”

If Grandma Jiang or Jiang Rui wanted to invite her over for lunch, they would usually tell her about it half an hour before lunch time. She usually would not take the initiative to ask them out.

She was a guest in the Jiang family, so it was not appropriate for her to ask them out.

Today, Grandma Jiang and Jiang Rui did not inform her in advance about having lunch together. Most likely, they had their own plans.

Usually, if they had other plans, they would occasionally inform Shi Yan. Most of the time, they would only tell Shi Yan if they could not have dinner together, so lunch was more casual.

This was because they felt that if they asked her about three meals a day, Shi Yan would feel more like a guest. It would be difficult for her to fit in with the family, and she would be even more uncomfortable. They might as well be more natural and treat Shi Yan as one of their own. They did not neglect her, but they also did not care about her at all times.

Of course, the main reason was that Grandma Jiang had sent Little Zhao over to take care of Shi Yan. The old lady knew that with Little Zhao around, Shi Yan would be taken care of.

Before Shi Yan moved into the Jiang family, Little Zhao had actually stayed by the old lady’s side.

“Then I’ll bring the food over later.”