four eyes meet

” even i’ve heard that for the past half a year, the capital has been trying to find out more about lord fifth. i’m afraid that after lord fifth left, they finally realized that they were not capable enough to take on such a big responsibility and want to invite lord fifth back. ”

as she said this, aunt wan snorted.”why don’t you think about it, how can fifth lord be someone who can be summoned and waved away at their will!”

“You’re right, old fifth’s matters are not something that others can casually interfere with.”

as she said that, the old lady looked at aunt wan with a complicated expression.”but ah wan, you’re not young anymore, why are you still so immature? look at you, you’re so angry!”

Aunt Wan also knew that she had lost her composure just now and smiled in embarrassment.

the old lady looked at the courtyard wall beside her. on the other side of the wall was shi yan’s courtyard.

” let’s not be paranoid here, ” he said. ” maybe the two people involved don’t even care about what we think is trouble. ”

And that was indeed the case.

shi yan and jiang che indeed didn’t take this seriously.

The two of them never had such a worry.

they only cared about the person in front of them.

shi yan woke up a few minutes after xiao zhao left.

her eyelashes fluttered, but before she could open her eyes, her entire body froze.

It wasn’t just because she realized that she was lying on Jiang Che’s lap, but also because she clearly felt Jiang Che’s hand holding her face through her ear!

The palm on her cheek was warm.

She didn’t dare to open her eyes.

Just as she was struggling to open her eyes, she heard Jiang Che’s voice from above, ” “miss shi, you’re awake?”

he realized that she was awake and could no longer pretend to be asleep.

it was bad enough that she was sleeping on his lap, but how could she sleep so deeply?

Well, except for the one or two times she had insomnia recently, she seemed to have been sleeping well.

her eyelashes fluttered, and she pretended to have just woken up as she opened her eyes.

her eyes met his.

it was obvious that he had been staring at her just now.

when their eyes met, he still had one hand on the back of her head and the other on her cheek, as if he had no intention of taking his hand away.

shi yan’s heart beat faster.

what kind of reaction should she have at this time?

shi yan didn’t know. she was a little confused and couldn’t stay calm.

just as she was thinking about it, she saw jiang che’s lips curl up slightly. ” “miss shi, you don’t recognize me anymore?”

He sat up abruptly.

She casually grabbed her hair and sat up straight, not daring to look at Jiang che. “i’m sorry, i slept on mr. jiang’s lap for such a long time.”

Her cheeks were red.

jiang zhi looked at her with a smile in her eyes. ” i was the one who made miss shi take a nap. i should be the one apologizing to miss shi for my lack of manners. ”