Trepidation | H.S.

By flickershe

[COMPLETED] trep·i·da·tion a feeling of fear or agitation about something that may happen. *** "You'll see... More

CAST AND INTRODUCTION
1 | Indiana - Sugar
2 | Indiana - Files
3 | Indiana - Stars
4 | Harry - Clothes
5 | Indiana - Photos
6 | Indiana - Encounter
7 | Indiana - Shots
9 | Indiana - Suitcase
10 | Indiana - Maze
11 | Indiana - Showtime
12 | Harry - Fire
13 | Indiana - Sneaky
14 | Indiana - Self-inviting
15 | Indiana - High
16 | Indiana - Drive
17 | Harry - Euphoric
18 | Indiana - Shop or Shot
19 | Indiana - Mafia
20 | Indiana - Night
21 | Harry - Free-fall
22 | Indiana - Boat
23 | Indiana - Cliff
24 | Harry - Nightmare
25 | Indiana - Breakfast
26 | Indiana - Call
27 | Indiana - Sink
28 | Harry - Panic
29 | Indiana - Confession
30 | Indiana - Confused
31 | Indiana - Cold
32 | Indiana - Stress
33 | Harry - Trauma
34 | Indiana - Trust
35 | Harry - Blindfold
36 | Indiana - Bonding
37 | Harry - Pain
38 | Indiana - Brain
39 | Harry - Torture
40 | Indiana - Lie
41 | Indiana - Blood
42 | Harry - Truth
43 | Indiana - Numb
44 | Indiana - Time
45 | Harry - Talk
46 | Indiana - Connection
47 | Harry - Control
48 | Indiana - Camera
49 | Indiana - Dirty
50 | Indiana - Sweat
51 | Harry - Party
52 | Indiana - Shower
53 | Indiana - Ponder
54 | Harry - Struggle
55 | Indiana - Caught
56 | Harry - Body
57 | Indiana - Discover
58 | Harry - News
59 | Harry - Dreams
60 | Indiana - Photograph
61 | Indiana - Memories
62 | Indiana - Last
63 | Harry - Crash
64 | Indiana - Wait
65 | Indiana - Headache
66 | Harry - Ring
67 | Indiana - Give
68 | Harry - Letter
69 | Indiana - Love
70 | Harry - Plan
71 | Indiana - Them
72 | Harry - Confront
73 | Indiana - Danger
74 | Harry - Sister
75 | River - Flashback
76 | Indiana - Escape
77 | Harry - Ready
78 | Indiana - Think
79 | Harry - Tell All
80 | Indiana - Answers
81 | Zayn - Commit
82 | Harry - Waiting
83 | Zayn - Goodbye
84 | Indiana - Finale
Epilogue

8 | Indiana - Knock

3.2K 93 99
By flickershe

One thing I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try

"Zayn where the fuck are you?" The voice boomed through the banging on the door, stirring me from my sleep.

Oh shit

My eyes slowly peeled open trying to absorb what was happening. A sleeping Zayn was to my left. He was shirtless and only in a pair of boxers.

Oh my god. I gave Zayn Malik a blow job last night. Why the fuck was I like this? I work for him.

The banging didn't stop, it wasn't from my sleep. It was actually happening. I sat up immediately ripping the sheets off, looking over my shoulder to see a sleepy Zayn rustling in his sleep.

"Zayn you better fucking be in there" The voice was muffled but boomed again pounding repeatedly on the door. The knocking was so intense it sounded like the wood would crack at any second.

I was screwed. Once again. I have no recollection of how I'm still here, but my dress is laying on a chair in the corner of a room and I'm in Zayn's shirt and sweatpants. This is just great. This is just what I needed to start my day.

"Zayn get the fuck up" I whisper shouted whacking him in the chest making him groan and roll over. "We don't have fucking time for this, wake up sleepy"

"What" He said through his sleep, his eyes still shut. The banging on the door wasn't stopping, it was only becoming more intense. "Oh shit"

He sat up immediately flying out of the bed pacing around like I was. What are we supposed to do, no one can know I was here.

"What the fuck do we do" I started standing on the opposite side of the room from him crossing my arms over my chest. "No one can know I was here, I work for you"

"I- uh" His sentence was cut short by the banging again and the voice booming.

"Zayn you have one minute before I break the door down" Who the fuck was here this early. I looked at the clock realizing it wasn't early. It was indeed 1 pm. What the fuck happened last night.

"Fuck.. I don't know" He started frantically running his hands through his hair. "Go hide in the bathroom"

The sound of the door handle being messed with gave me no chance to respond, I just ran to the bathroom.

I shut the door as quickly, leaning my back against it not even processing what was going on. I'm so hungover dear lord.

I heard the banging from outside still and Zayn shouting a "Chill the fuck out give me a second!"

This was a disaster. I gave someone I worked for a blow job. What the fuck was I thinking. God I need to stop smoking weed.

One thing I've learned from yesterday was this job is not for me. I've done things I would've never dared to do before, and a man was dead because of me.

I heard the door swing open and rustling of Zayn being shoved against the wall.

"I swear to fuck you better explain where you were. We are screwed because of you" The voice came off harsh and serious. "Where the fuck are your clothes?"

It wasn't just a voice. It was the voice.

Harry's voice.

The world is fucking against me, I knew it.

"Jesus" I heard Zayn's muffled voice through the door "chill out, I just overslept."

"Just overslept?" He growled "Is that why you disappeared last night? I needed your fucking help"

"Knock your shit off, I'm sorry I missed whatever happened this morning" Zayn gave in sounding apologetic.

"Missed whatever happened this morning?" He shouted, the rustling of the room only growing. "We needed you and didn't have time to wait for you"

"What is your deal?" Zayn spoke trying to calm him down. "Are you okay?"

"Are any of us okay? Zayn. I fucked up." Harry's voice toned down "Someone's dead and she saw it."

Oh no. Zayn can't know what happened, he's going to get suspicious. I ran to him with blood on my face, and then got high with him. He's going to think it's weird I was acting completely fine after watching Harry murder someone.

Poor Beck. Wrong place wrong time, that's for sure. I have no idea how I'm gonna explain this to Hugo. I mean he sent Beck, but now he's dead because of me.

Everyone always gets hurt because of me.

"Who saw it? Indiana?" I heard Zayn's voice lower, barely audible through the door. It was silence after that. Just whispers I couldn't make out.

"It's gonna be okay Harry, she doesn't know" Was the next thing I heard come from Zayn's voice. I do know, but that's okay. Everyone has their own secrets.

"I don't know Zayn" Harry's voice spoke in distress, he was really torn up over this. " I probably scarred her for life"

It definitely didn't scar me. It was way better than a lot of things I've seen in my life. You don't know that I'm not scared, I wish I could tell you. There's a lot of scary things in the world, but that didn't phase me. It's a twisted world.

I'm a little twisted

"Harry it's going to be okay, come sit down" I heard Zayn and then some shuffling around the room. They better hurry up. I want to leave. Actually I need to leave.

"What the hell is this?" I heard Harry raising his voice once again.

"I.. I don't know" Zayn's voice spoke shyly. Oh my god.

My dress.

"Is that her fucking dress?!" He spat out angrily. I completely forgot about my dress. God why does every little thing have to go wrong with me. "Is she fucking here with you?"

I heard Zayn sputtering out some words I couldn't understand, he was trying to cover this up but it wasn't worth it.

"Indiana where are you?" His voice reverberated through the room, and I could hear his stomps getting closer to the bathroom door.

It was only a matter of seconds before the bathroom door was swinging open and I was stumbling back. I watched as Harry's tall figure appeared in the doorframe, his face full of rage.

"Nice, this is really nice" Harry said with an amused look on his face, turning to look at Zayn. "While I needed you, you were fucking someone who works for us."

"Harry that's not what happened..." Zayn said quietly as Harry stared at me from the bathroom doorway.

"Multiple people in one night?" He growled while looking at me intensely. "What a great person"

"What the fuck Harry?" I spat at him "What I do is none of your business"

He didn't phase me, he had no right to come in here and judge what I did. I could do whatever I wanted, I am an adult and he has no say over what I do.

"You know the world doesn't revolve around you?" He said with a harsh tone pointing at me "You don't get to walk into my fucking band and act like you own everything and sleep with everyone"

"Wow Harry." I said not having any words. That crossed the line.

"Harry, come on." I heard Zayn as I pushed my way out of the bathroom. "She's a person too"

I grabbed my dress and phone as quick as I could storming out of the room before anyone could say anything else. I don't even have shoes on.

Who the fuck does he think he is? Acting like he can control my life and judge me. He's such a dick.

My body slid down the wall as it crouched next to the closed door. Tears welled in my eyes, I can't take this job. It's been one day and someone is already dead because of me.

I needed to see Hugo, I had to tell him one of his workers was now dead because of my actions.

I pulled myself off the ground, wiping my tears before making my way to the elevator. The same elevator I have been in too many times this past 24 hours.

I pulled my phone out noticing I had 12 missed calls and over 20 unread texts. Most were from Hugo or River, but one was from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: Thank you for dancing with me tonight

There was only one person this could be. How did Harry get my phone number? This has to be a joke. There's no way this is him, and there was no way I'd be figuring that out right now.

He is so bipolar. We're dancing and having fun then he's storming off, then he's shooting someone for me, then once again pissed. He needs to make up his damn mind.

I had a million texts from Hugo asking where I was and if I was okay. He hadn't left the country yet, which was a good sign. I just responded to his texts by saying I'd be at his office in 20 minutes.

I had no car, which meant Uber was my only option. I didn't like the idea of getting in a car with some rando looking like this, but they'd probably think I was just screwed over from a party the night before, which wasn't completely false.

When my Uber arrived, I sat in silence scrolling through my phone and watching the city as it drove me to Hugo's office.

Spencer had texted me asking how the night went and he wished they had been nice to me. I texted saying everything went well and the boys were very welcoming of me. Most of them were actually very welcoming.

The night had started off fine, and I thought everything would be alright but that could never happen in my world.

Hugo needed to know he couldn't do anything like that anymore. If he kept sending people to follow me, it could make things a lot worse.

I arrived at Hugo's office building, dragging my way inside to be met with the usual receptionist. He was a young man, he was always here.

I gave him a small smile before making my way to the elevator. He knew who I was, everyone here did. He just stared at me though as if I was a ghost.

I clicked the floor that I had travelled to so many times, it was engraved in my brain. The same walk to Hugo's office, the same grey walls that led to the dark office.

I knocked before hearing Hugo's stern voice say "come in". I opened the door to see him sitting at the familiar mahogany desk, his legs crossed and a pen between his fingertips.

"Jesus Indie" He said looking up at me. "What the hell happened to you?"

"I'm fine." I said harshly as I moved to sit on the red leather couch "But your little watch dog you sent isn't."

"What?" He said when I caught his attention with that. His eyes had dark bags under them, like he had been working all night.

"Harry recognized him." I started pulling a mint out of the jar on his desk and popping in my mouth. "Apparently they've fought before. Harry walked in on him choking me out in the bathroom with a gun to my head, so he shot him."

"Indiana, what?" He straightened his position in his seat, setting his papers down. "Are you okay, why was he holding a gun to your head?"

"I was bored, relax." I sucked on the mint in my mouth, rolling it between my tongue. "I'm fine, see?"

I stood up walking over to his desk resting my hands on them, meeting his gaze "You don't need to send someone to follow me everywhere, I'm not a scrawny little girl anymore"

"I know, I know" He sighed pushing his chair off his desk. "I just worry about you, especially after last time."

"I'm better, I'm stronger now" I stated walking back to my spot on the red leather couch. "The only thing that will hold me back is you."

"No more people following you, I got it" He nodded, a small smile coming across hip lips. "You should probably go home and clean up, you look like a disaster"

"If you had the night I did, you'd look like this too" I huffed crossing my arms over my chest. He had no idea what kind of night I had. "Those boys are ruthless."

I stood up again walking towards the small mirror Hugo had lined against one of the walls of his dark office.

I looked like shit. I was still wearing Zayn's clothes, my makeup was anywhere but in the right places, and I had deep bruises on my neck from Beck's grip.

They didn't hurt, I was used to the pain. They looked pretty nasty. The harsh blue and purple mixed making their indent on my next. It just reminded me of the events of last night.

"Looks like Beck got you pretty good," Hugo spoke from his spot at his desk, watching as I inspected my neck.

"I teased him, it was all a game" I said, my eyes never leaving to spot on the mirror as my fingers brushed the deep marks. "I got back at him pretty well too"

"Sit down, we need to talk" Talking was never a good sign. That meant something bad was happening. Talking meant you had to speak your heart out, tell your truth. Or whatever kind of truth there is to you.

"How did things go last night, actually?" He asked as I opted for sitting in the big black chair in front of his desk instead. "Are those boys okay?"

"They are fine, they all have their issues but they're obviously very strong and good at their jobs." I let out, just wanting to get something off my chest. "Why?"

"Indie." Oh shit, that was never a good sentence starter. "There was a huge robbery at a bank this morning, they are looking for four young males as the suspects. Do you know if they had anything to do with this?"

It was all connecting. Like a lightbulb flipping on. That's why Harry was so pissed this morning, that's why he needed Zayn. They couldn't wait any longer for Zayn, they needed to get their job done.

"Yeah, I guess it makes sense." I sighed as things were making sense. "They had a meeting with Desmond last night at the ball."

"Where was the fifth boy?" Hugo asked, looking sternly at me. The fifth boy was most definitely asleep in a bed with me, but he didn't need to know that.

"I don't know," I said playing with a loose string on the sweatpants I was wearing. "Getaway car? Or doing something outside of the bank?"

Hugo rolled his eyes looking at me "Whose clothes are those?"

"God can you mind your own fucking business" My tone coming out harsh and annoyed. "They're mine"

The clothes were comfy, I couldn't lie. It was simple black joggers with an oversized band tee. Very basic but comfortable.

"So the boys were nice?" He asked to change the conversation once again. He always asked so many questions it was a little intrusive.

"They were dicks, well one of them was." I still feel annoyed from Harry's actions. "I don't think I can take this job, it isn't going to work"

"Why is that?" He leaned forward resting his elbows on the large desk, his eyes meeting mine.

"We don't get along well" I stated as simply as could be. "It's a recipe for disaster"

"Well you don't have a choice sweetie, tour starts next week" Hugo smirked at me saying the words I wished he hadn't.

"You better get packing"

***

Authors Note

Well how are we liking it so far?

The next chapter is going to be a little more boring, then the fun stuff...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 717 77
⭒THIS CONTAINS MATURE & EXPLICIT CONTENT⋆ CURRENTLY ADDING ADDITIONAL CHAPTERS. pls read warnings before reading. In Fall of October 2021, a mistreat...
94.1K 5.7K 65
[COMPLETED] "I see you've become brave" He chuckles, his eyes dark. "I didn't have a choice," I say without a hint of emotion in my voice. His eyes s...
3.7M 80.6K 77
in which joelle d'amore is completing her final semester of university in the grand city of los angeles, california. when she finds herself in the pr...
155 7 7
"Oh but you see sweetheart, there's so much more I am capable of. You see me from the outside, a guy who can just look at a person once and have them...