Faith (Islamic Fic)

By MarwaaMalik

"When two opposites are put together, will they repel or attract?" Iman Salah is a very religious girl with t... More

Faith
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author Note *Important*
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue

Chapter 39

1.9K 117 37
By MarwaaMalik

~Iman’s P.O.V~

  My heart was filled with sadness, Auntie Sana was leaving today and it honestly felt like the worst thing. Although she only spent a week with us, she had grown into this important part of our lives and I couldn’t imagine my day without.

  At first I was really trying to be polite and trying my best to be a good host, not really treating her like family but now I think of her more than just another relative we have. Yes, she had a different way of wording her feelings, a way that I considered rude and annoying at times even though I felt bad about my thoughts, but I knew she always meant well.

  “I can’t believe this is the last breakfast I’ll have with you kids.” Auntie Sana sighed sadly when I placed the last plate on the table. We had decided to eat breakfast in the back yard since auntie loved it so much.

  “I can’t believe you are leaving Auntie. I got so used to having you here. I’m going to miss you.” I pouted.

  “I’m going to miss you too, Iman,” She patted my knee when I sat next to her, “I’m going to miss all of you kids.”  

  “What, you are not going to miss me?” Uncle Adam faked a frown making us all chuckle at his reaction.

  “Of course I will. Drama queen.” Auntie rolled her eyes.

  “I put all the gifts in the green bag so you won’t have to flip everything over when you go back home.” Yasmin chuckled taking a seat next to her mother.

  Auntie Sana wrapped one arm around Yasmin once she sat down then kissed her cheek softly, “Thank you sweat heart.”

  Watching the way Auntie Sana talked to Yasmin during breakfast both warmed my heart and made me sad all at the same time. She kept wrapping her arm around her shoulder whenever they talked, and in every chance she got she kissed her cheek or head. It was obvious that Auntie didn’t want to leave but I guess she had to go back to the rest of her family back home.

  “It’s almost 8A.M Sana.” Uncle Adam said after we all finished eating.

  “Okay, let’s go then.” Auntie Sana sighed getting up.

  “I’ll go put the bags in the car.” Ayman said walking a bit faster than Auntie Sana and Yasmin who were holding each other’s hands as they headed to the living room.

  “Jo, go help Ayman.” Youssef nodded then went after Ayman, once we were all at the door Uncle Adam stopped then looked at us, “C’mon girls, say goodbye.”

  Auntie Sana turned to hug her daughter in the tightest hug she could manage, “I can’t believe I’m going back home without you. The house is going to be awfully lonely.”

  “You have dad and Ibrahim,” Yasmin rubbed her mom’s back as she spoke, “And before you know it, I’ll be back home with you.”

  “In sha’ allah, I miss you already and I’m not even on the plan back home yet.” Auntie Chuckled then gave Yasmin another quick hug.

  “I’ll call you everyday mom.” Yasmin promised.

  “Yes you will,” Auntie smiled sadly squeezing Yasmin’s hand then she let it go to look at me, “Iman; my sweet, bright, beautiful Iman. I’m so happy I got to know you. Ali would have been super proud of you, baby. The way you take care of your brothers, making this house strong and united.”

  My Aunt’s words made my heart sink in my chest as I remembered my father. And the fact that she looked so much like him didn’t help me pull it together making me feel a small lump gathering in my throat as she continued talking, “You grow up to be a lovely woman, Iman. You dedicated your life for your brothers that you totally forgot yourself and I know Allah has a man for you who will make you his queen.”

  Her words put a smile on my face. I take so much pride into being a good sister to my brothers that it warmed my heart having her notice that and appreciate it as well.

  “C’mon Sana, we’ll be late.” Uncle Adam said interrupting our emotional moment.

  “Okay, okay.” Auntie Sana rolled her teary eyes at her younger brother then looked back at me and Yasmin, “I’m gonna miss you two.” She said pinching our cheeks then she picked up her hand bag and walked to the door as Yasmin and I said our ‘Salams’ to her.

  “Bye girls. In sha’ allah, next time I’ll come here it’ll be for your wedding, Iman.” Auntie Sana yelled back at me on her way to the car.

  My brows furrowed in confusion as I watched her talk to Youssef in front of the car while my mind tried to process her words.

  My wedding? Where did this come from?

   ****

~Youssef’s P.O.V~

  After Auntie Sana left with Uncle Adam and Ayman, I walked back inside. Yasmin looked sad that her mom left which was understandable, they were very close and I bet her going back home was hard on both of them.

  Turning around to get my backbag, I notice Iman’s face. It was a mixture of confusion and sadness. What was so confusing about Auntie going home?

  Shrugging, I decided to see if Yasmin was going to university today, “Hey Jaz, do you want me to walk you to uni today? It’s on my way to the bus stop.”

  “Yeah, that would be nice.” She smiled at me sweetly but I could see she was still a bit sad from her mom leaving.

  Awkward silence fill between us as we walked. I didn’t know what I should say to get her to smile or just to get her mind of things. It was weird seeing Yasmin like that, she was always so talkative and smiley.

  “So, how are you and Holly?” Her question came out of nowhere taking me by surprise.

  “Fine?” My words came out more of a question as I wasn’t sure why she asked about that.

  “Jo, you know I promised to keep you guys a secret but you have to keep things under the radar as well. You were about to get caught in a very bad situation if I hadn’t come to warn you.” She scolded me lightly.

  “Don’t remind me.” Shivers run through my spin when I tried to imagine what could’ve happened if it was Ayman or even Uncle Adam who caught us not Yasmin. I would’ve been died by now.

  “You know you promised me to keep it clean and that means no kisses.” She raised one eyebrow at me making me feel heat radiate through my body as my embarrassment was too much. I just wanted to end this conversation.

  “I know, I’m sorry.” I mumbled looking down. I didn’t know what was wrong about innocent kisses.

  It’s not like I was taking away her innocence or making her reputation bad by being with her. She wasn’t a Muslim so I wasn’t doing anything wrong.  

  Hearing Yasmin sigh deeply next to me, I turned my head to look at her and that’s when I noticed we were right outside her uni, “Thank you for walking me home, Jo.” She smiled at me.

  “It’s alright. Have fun.” I waved at her and started walking to the bus stop already dreading the day ahead.

  ***

~Iman’s P.O.V~

   It’s been so long since I have been here, it almost feels weird to walk behind the counter and do my daily routine of checking the inventory before chilling and reading a book while customers came and went.

  I missed this place, I missed the smell of books and the slow playing music in the background. I even liked the smell of fresh baked cakes that was new to me but was delighting at the same time. It just made this place all the more welcoming and relaxing.

  “Hello Iman.” Mazen came out of the back room with a wide smile on his face.

  “Al Salam Alykum, Mazen.” I gave him a polite smile feeling a bit awkward after yesterday’s dinner. We were almost like friends yesterday but today I have to remember he was my boss so I should start acting accordingly.

  “W Alykum Al Salam. How are you today?”

  “I’m fine, al hamdulillah.”  I smiled again not liking this tension, so I decided to speak again, “The smell of fresh baked cakes is amazing. It makes the place all the more welcoming to customers.”

  “Thank you. They are nothing compare to your amazing cake but making them gives my mom some peace of mind,” He chuckled lightly to himself.

  Blushing to myself, I immediately looked down not knowing how to respond to his complement, “I’m sure they are lovely.”

  “They are nice, don’t get me wrong but they are just not as good as yours.” She shrugged going behind the counter where all the cakes were and getting a piece out, “Here try some.”

  “Thank you but I wouldn’t want it to eat the customer’s food.”

  “My mom makes plenty, don’t worry. Plus she kept asking me what you thought of her cakes and was so disappointed when I told her you had a week off.” His words took me back by surprise for a second when he said his mom want to know my opinion on her cakes but I quickly brushed it off as it was probably nothing. She probably wanted to know all of our opinions but I was the only who hadn’t tried it ye.

  “I wouldn’t want to disappoint her again then,” I smiled taking a bite of the cake. It was an orange cake with some flavor bits in it, perhaps small pieces of caned-fruit. It wasn’t the best cake I have had but I had to admit it was okay.

  “So, what should I tell her? Do you approve of it?” He smirked a little properly already knowing I wasn’t melting for it.

  “It’s really good.” I smiled politely not wanting to point out anything about it.

  “I know you didn’t like it.” He said it casually shrugging and I Immediately responded saying I did like it and his mom is a good cook as I felt bad for disliking his mother’s cake. She properly stayed for hours to bake them all.

  Suddenly Mazen laughed wholeheartedly at my reaction, “Oh you are too sweet Iman, I swear.”

  Blushing, I looked down as a ghost of a smile appeared on my face. Something about his laugh warming my heart. Maybe because it was one of those really honest laughs from the heart that are so rare nowadays. I don’t know, but whatever the reason was, I really liked it when he laughed like that.

  ***

A/N

a quickie before going on deck.. the trip is crazy.. details in my insta.

but today is the la

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 133K 53
[My stories do NOT represent Islam, they represent most Muslims nowadays] ~~~~ "So I can't be this close to you?" Brody softly asked, pretending he d...
12.3K 868 32
Inaya Hussein is a happy go to 20-year-old studying medicine wanting to make her parents proud. Religion plays a huge part in her life. Her two best...
426K 11.5K 58
Being a single mother is not easy. Especially when you start at the age of 18. Every guy would run away the minute they find out she has a daughter...
126K 5.5K 42
Maggie Saeed, a girl of mixed races had always struggled to find her own personality and her own voice. Coming from two different religions, two dif...