Faith (Islamic Fic)

By MarwaaMalik

"When two opposites are put together, will they repel or attract?" Iman Salah is a very religious girl with t... More

Faith
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author Note *Important*
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue

Chapter 28

2.2K 125 33
By MarwaaMalik

~Iman’s P.O.V~

            The Campus was quite big. We ended up spending about four hours there just walking around and knowing where is where so Yasmin wouldn’t be taken aback when she starts next Monday.

            The registration itself didn’t take long as most of the papers where already done back in Egypt. They only inquired about what courses she wanted to take and if she wanted to stay in the student dorms.

            “I certainly feel old. My knees are killing me from all that walking.” Auntie Sana said the minute she stepped foot in the house but it didn’t feel guilty about making her walk anymore.

            She always complained about how she was too old to walk or sit in the car for too long but seemed to always want to go out. There was no satisfying her.

            “Just go take a long relaxing bath while I start dinner.” I suggested as I took my hijab off and placed it neatly on the hanger.

            “That seems like a lovely idea. I’m definitely in need of that bath.” She groaned and walked up stairs to take that path I suppose.

            After I got changed into some sweets and a jumper, I quickly started to make Ayman’s favorite dish, Shawarma rice. Maybe that would get him to agree easily on letting us go to the discussion tomorrow.

            “Want any help?” Yasmin asked stepping inside our open kitchen.

            “I got it, thanks.” I smiled cutting the chicken into really small pieces.

            “What are you going to make?” She asked standing next to me.

            “Shawarma rice. It’s like a chicken pieces cut small-“ She cut me midway.

            “I know what Shawarma is, Iman. So you are making it like a fata?” She asked and I looked at her in confusion as I didn’t understand the last word.

            “Fata?”

            “Yeah, like with rice, toasted bread pieces, yogurt salad like a sauce?” she asked.

            “Yeah, I guess.” I wasn’t so sure we were describing the same thing but it was close enough.

            “Cool. Can I make desert? I make excellent chocolate cake. You guys like chocolate cake right?” She asked getting the mixing plate before I answered.

            “I can make desert, you don’t have too.” I tried to be a good host.

            “I want to make it for Ayman. I noticed he always took two pieces when the dessert was chocolate cake. We need to get him in a good mood.” She said the last part when I raised my eyebrow at her.

            “I was just thinking the same thing. That’s why I making his favorite dish.” I decided to let her make the dessert since it would save us time.

            “That’s his favorite dish? I can learn it from you then.” She smiled as she got the stuff needed for the cake from the cabinet.

            Cooking with Yasmin turned out to be very fun. For the most part we would chat about cooking for the boys and how it always is important to have delicious food for the house to be in a good mood.

            It was more of a myth but I believed in it way too hard. If I was too tired or lazy to make decent meals the whole house would be moody and just off. Even the boys would act weird or just end the day early.

            “So, tell me about that library. Why is it so important for you to go tomorrow?” Yasmin asked as she stood next to me chopping off some veggies for the sauté.

            “I was the one to come up with the book club idea and to be fair, I was very much proud of how successful it had been so far. I really want to nourish the idea till it grow and make the library one of London’s main spots. I see potential in it with the location and the way Mazen runs it we’ll definitely make it one of the big places for signings and whatnot.” I spoke a little too excitedly.

            I love my work. Even though working in a library was never my dream but with the activity running in it, I kind of use it as a way to practice my main love, marketing.

            Just the idea of starting a small project and watch it grow with my directions fascinates me.

            “That’s really cool. Even though I’m taking my M.I.B in business, I don’t think I can actually run a business.” She sighed.

            “I don’t run one either, I just help Mazen out. It’s a part time job.” I reminded both, her and myself before I get too carried away with my passion for control.

            “Oh, that’s still cool that you get to do what you like.”

            Our chat was cut short when we heard the front door open then close, followed by Ayman’s voice, “Al Salam Alykum.”

            “W Alykum Al Salam.” We both mumbled in reply.

            Walking inside the house, Ayman usually says another hello to me in the kitchen knowing I’m always there but he cut himself before saying anything when he noticed Yasmin with me.

            “Hello girls.” Ayman said out of politeness but his look to me was one of questioning about the reason why I let our guest in the kitchen to cook.

            “Yasmin insisted on making us her famous chocolate cake.” I answered his unspoken question but that didn’t relax him.

            “Yeah, you have to try my chocolate cake. Everyone says it’s the best back home and I needed to know what you thought.” She smiled proudly.

            “I’m sure it’s great but you shouldn’t do anything. You are our guest.” His voice was a monotone with a hint of kindness in it but I know his words were more directed to me making me swallow uneasily.

            “What kind of guest stays for three months?” She scoffed.

            “A very welcomed one.” If Ayman could smirk he would have done it now, but I don’t think it was in him. He just smiled his genuine smile.

            “If you really want me to feel welcomed then you wouldn’t mind if I cooked for you. I love cooking but I’m not a very good one when it comes to main meals so I’ll be sticking to baking since it’s my passion.” She said cheekily.

             “Of course I want you to feel welcome.” Ayman smiled his polite smile.

            “Great. You go change now while we prepare the table.” Ayman gave her a look. He was surprise at how comfortable she was making herself to be, like she was the woman of the house but I think he was more amused than shocked.

            The way he just went upstairs and wasn’t angry at me for troubling the guest with the house work because of what she told him made me actually have a little more hope in tomorrow’s discussion.  

            Dinner was really nice, except for Youssef’s annoyance with Ayman and myself, everyone else was enjoying the food.

            After Dinner Youssef excused himself to go to his room again. He was still pissed at me for not giving him his phone back and of course he was too scared of Ayman to beg him for the phone instead of me.

            I wanted to go talk to him so much. To know what was going on. Why was he acting out like that over his phone? But I knew better than to do it now, with Ayman and Auntie Sana in the room and noticing my action.

            “Is this your Chocolate cake, Yasmina? You never make it unless you are in a really good mood.” Auntie Sana perked as I cut her a piece.

            “It looks delicious. Thank you, Yasmin.” Ayman said as I cut him a small piece knowing how he’s a little picky about trying knew food.

            Yasmin watched Ayman with too much attention and anticipation as he started cutting a small piece with his fork and eat it while I just cut a piece for myself and one for Yasmin.

            “So?” She tried to hide her anticipation but it was too obvious.

            “It’s really delicious.” His eyes opened and his brows raised as his mouth savored the flavor then he began eating more pieces.

            “Thank you, I’m glad you liked it.” Yasmin perked at his comment, her cheeks flushing a little as she looked down and started eating her piece of cake.

            We were all silently enjoying the food while we ate on the table when Yasmin suddenly started talking, “Iman just told me about that really cool book club discussion that was going to be in the library she’s working in tomorrow.”

            “Really?” Ayman didn’t pay attention to the subject as he told me to cut him a second piece of the cake.

            “Yeah, I was thinking since mom and I never been to one before, we should all go.” Yasmin said casually like she wasn’t planning it.

            “That’s nice. I hope you enjoy it.” He smiled out of politeness not really seeing why he was concerned with the subject.

            Yasmin smiled at me like with a wink as she got the job done, quite skillfully too if I may add. But I was feeling bad. This was lying. I wanted to tell him that I would be working but I didn’t know how.

            My mind was pre-occupied for the rest of night with my guilt. Technically Ayman said yes but he didn’t know I would be working tomorrow.

            Of course after Yasmin helped with the cake couldn’t let her do the dishes with me but she didn’t insist too much on helping. She went and joint Ayman and Auntie Sana in the living area.

            They were talking and laughing at a T.V show while I felt my guilt eating me alive. I couldn’t go and work while Ayman thought I would be enjoying a night out with my Aunt and cousin. It was wrong of me to lead him on like that.

            After I finished the dishes I excused myself and went upstairs, not being able to join them with that guilt inside of me. I’m going to tell Ayman when we were alone.

            Walking by Youssef’s room, I couldn’t help but knock and enter. The urge to talk to him took over me, “Can I talk to you?”

            “Are you going to give me my phone back if I talked to you?” Youssef asked with a bored tone as he already knew the answer to that.

            “No, but that doesn’t mean we can’t talk.” I said taking a seat at the edge of his bed while he moved his leg to give me enough space.

            “What’s going on, Youssef?” I asked worriedly in my motherly way.

            “I don’t know what’s going on anymore, I don’t have my phone remember.” He said sarcastically.

            “I didn’t mean that. I mean what’s going on with you? You can talk to me about anything you know.” I tried to get him to talk.

            He sighed looking at his hand as his thumb rubbed against his tattoo. I cringed a little at the sight of the thing. I almost forgot about it.

            “My…friends are going to think I ditched them and they are going to hate me.” He didn’t look up while he talked but I knew this actually did make him feel sad inside.

            “I’m sure once you tell them what happened they won’t be upset that you didn’t call them.” I tried to reassure him.

He was a teenager and in that age, you feel like every little thing was the end of the world when it was just a normal thing.

            “Tell them what Iman. ‘Sorry I didn’t call, my brother was being a caveman and decided to isolate me from the world’.” He said a little too aggravated as he rolled his eyes.

            “Watch it.” I warned not allowing him to disrespect our brother like that.

            “Sorry.” He said it just to make me happy but I knew he was really angry with Ayman.

            “You are the one who broke the rules, Youssef.” I said not too sternly.

            “Ayman was over reacting. He always does. I just didn’t see my phone, it’s no big deal. Plus, I shouldn’t even have a curfew.  I’m not a child anymore.” His voice was angry but he watched what he said around me.

            “Having a curfew doesn’t mean you are a child. It’s only to teach you that respectful men come back home at a respectful hour in the night.”

            “What does that even mean? All hours are respectful.” He asked annoyed.

            “It means we aren’t like the people who go out all night. The darkness of the night hides the worst of the deeds.” I quoted my father’s words. He used to always tell Ayman that when we were kids.

            “I don’t do bad deeds. I’m just chilling with my friends.” He said begging to lose his patience.

            “You can still hangout with your friends in the day light, can’t you?” I tried to reason with him.

            “Whatever.” He rolled his eyes seeing no way to continue this conversation.

            He gave me the ‘I don’t want to talk any more’ attitude where he just ignored me and started watching the TV in front of him.

            I took this as my cue to leave but not before saying something to him, “You know that Ayman and I both love you very much, right? You are the most important thing in our life, Youssef.”

            “Yeah, okay.” He mumbled, not even looking at me.

            Sighing, I walked out of his room with a heavy heart.

            Ya Allah, please guide him to the right path.

  ***

A/N

Trouble update? Yaaay.

I don’t think I can update during week days so I’ll probably update next Wednesday or Thursday. Hope that’s not too far.

I noticed some new readers on this story. I hope you all like it so far and I really hope you guys stick with me till the end of the book.

Please don’t forget to Vote if you like this chapter. I try my best to write good chapters and I would love to see that you guys actually like it by clicking that little star.

Also comment with your opinion on the story so far. Likes and dislikes about the chapter?

Lots of love :) xx ~Marwaa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 1.5K 53
In this life there are people who love for the sake of Allah (swt) while some love for materialistic things,what will happen when our sweet and carin...
181K 18K 107
HR: #10 (09/11/2018)#13 (08/22/18) #14 (08/21/2018)(09/08/2018) #18 (03/23/2017) "No!" Zayn shouted. He was pale as if he had seen a ghost. Eyes wide...
597 125 29
The love between two childhood sweethearts, who loved each other dearly, but separated through the most unexpected circumstances. They came across ea...