When love takes over

By caramaria_1

Cara is back from Belfast and has caught the attention of a certain registrar, will their romance take off or... More

A familar face
Oh hi
This is awkward
Why not
How do I look
Lost in the moment
Neither am I
Quite natural now
Doesnt matter
Just one sec
Something like that
You tell me
Try and ignore
Too much
Lonely
Raf please
Two years
I'd like that
Some food
Fun in the cold
Is that so
Toasty
Plans
Effort
Little miracle
Time together
Fine with me
Morning
Can't help it
Making cookies
Me jealous
Magic word?
Suprise
I promise
Drunk on love
New encounters
A natural
Misunderstanding
One day
Just a little broody
Soft cries
I was so alone
This is cardio
Caught in the act
What's going on?
Looking out for you
Meeting the parents
Awkwardness
Back home
Best moments of my life
Just a moment
What do you say...
Cheerier
Cold morning
Cheeky two minutes
Everyone is watching
Out in the open
Sickness bug
Feeling better today
I want a baby
Having your blessing
Heartbreak
Staying over
Kicked out of theatre
Letting loose
Can we do this
Assistance
Drowning sorrows
Broken down lift
Questioning
Getting ready
Nervous surprise
Proposal
Coming clean
Lets celebrate
Waking up in your arms
First anniversary
Early night
A little fun
On the right track
Touchy feely
New year shenanigans
New years day
That's mothers for you
Thinking about the future
Give me attention
You don't love me
Got making up to do
First appointment
Emotional mess
Next steps
Don't burn the dinner
Invites
Turn of events
The aftermath
Bug?
The test
Spring cleaning
Cooking for a change
Working on our day off
Just a little sample
Me, a bad mum?
Socks and scary movies
Phone call
Failing before succeeding?
Times are changing
Miracles happen
Night in for two
Not all plain sailing
Pre-parental nerves
Taking it's toll
Starting to show
Something to tell
Casual family dinner
A little tiff
Needing to talk
Change of times
Preparing
The in-laws
Outburst
20 week scan
Boy or girl?
Orange juice does the trick
Hot chocolate
Coffee house stranger
What do I do
Some space
Outburst in resus
Looking after me
Mother and daughter time
Baby talk
Coming to stay
Things unsaid
Catch up with granny
Meeting the in laws
Getting along

I know

36 3 0
By caramaria_1

She smiles to herself and she can see Raf coming back onto the ward as she puts some information down on the computer.

She sees Morven coming over to her with a smile slapped across her face. "Hi" Cara says.

"Hi" Morven smiles. "You feeling better" she asks.

"Yes actually" she smiles.
Cara continues to look at the computer screen as Morven sits down beside her.

"Want to come clubbing tonight?" Morven questions.

Cara pauses what she's doing, "I think I'm going to have a quiet one tonight, a take away and a good box set to get stuck into" she says and carries on the computer.

"Oh please, even the pub after work please. I hardly see you now you've moved in with Raf" Morven pleads.

"Morven I'm really not feeling it" Cara say to try and get off the subject of drinking.

"Please Cara I haven't been out with you in ages, I feel lost without you" she smiles.

"Morven please" Cara pleads.

"It's not fair Cara, what are you and Raf actually doing at home, forgetting about your best friend now that's fine" Morven sighs trying to make Cara feel bad for her.

"I haven't forgot about you, but you saw me throw up earlier. You think I'm up a night out?" She tries to reason.

"Come on, I came out with you when I had gastroenteritis" Morven sighs.

"Morven you don't have to go out, your not an alcoholic!" Cara says.

"Your boring, hey Jasmine wanna come out tonight? Cara's being a bore" Morven says as Jasmine walks across the ward.

"Do you even have to ask" Jasmine giggles.

"See Cara, some people are good friends" Morven says as she stands up and walks off.

Cara breathes out a sigh and thinks about how bad she feels.

She gets up to go to speak to Morven but is called over by Serena. "Nurse Martinez, page Mr Di Lucca, and prep for theatre. Mrs Yates her appendix had ruptured" Serena informs Cara.

She nods and does as Serena has asked before making her way into prep.

She pages Raf and gets herself into theatre scrubs and out into the theatre. "What happened?" Raf asks as he bursts into the scrub in area.

"Mrs Yates' appendix has ruptured" Cara explains.

Raf quickly reads the toxicology notes which have just come back. "Let's get two bags of O negative on stand by as well please" Raf says as he puts his hair net and mask on.

She nods to go get it ready for theatre.

Raf comes in and soon the anaesthetist comes in and outs the patient under so Raf can proceed with the precedure.

Cara assists with the procedure but is finding it hard to concentrate.

"Nurse Martinez, can I have the larger scalpel and be prepared with swabs" Raf says as they begin the procedure.

Raf looks up at Cara who seems to be in a world of her own.

"Nurse Martinez? Are you okay?... Cara.... Cara?... Cara!" Raf says as she's totally out of it.

"Sorry what" she says as she snaps out of it.

"Large scalpel and swabs" Raf says again to her and she nods and looks down at the equipment in front of her.

Cara goes to pick something up from the tray but stops herself and scans the whole tray.

She picks up stuff and hands it to Raf and continues to scan the table.

Raf carries on with the procedure and looks up. "Are you alright, nurse Martinez?" He asks a little worried about her.

"Hmm? Yeah... just tired, I'll be fine" she mumbles.

"Can you please concentrate" he asks as he needs her to focus.

"I'm sorry" she mutters as she looks back down at the tray. Raf sighs and turns back to the procedure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91 14 16
Latashas back and out of jail getting her shit back on track. Jay has a new girl now but she ain't gonna stand for Tasha getting in her way so she'll...
1.2K 139 16
Dawn is running from something that's determined to catch up to her. Will she face her fears and take back control or will she allow her turbulent pa...
3.4M 80.8K 20
When Abigail Hummers moves back home after the "cleansing of her sins", or so what her mother had called it, she rediscovers the place that had turne...
42K 900 168
Laura Marano's life is going downhill lately but what happens when she meets r5 !?Ross lynch?!