I was so alone

Cara composes herself and goes to the door and lets Amanda in.

"Hey" Cara smiles happily.

"Hi Cara" she smiles as she comes in. "I hope he hasn't been too much trouble" she says.

"Golden" Cara smiles.

Amanda comes in to the lounge to see Raf holding Alfie and picking up his bag. "Cara you kept this one quiet" she smiles. "You not going to introduce us" she says.

"Oh this is Raf... my friend" Cara replies awkwardly.

"Boyfriend, she means" he laughs.

Cara blushes. "Aw Cara don't be shy" Amanda teases.

"Have any children of your own Raf?" Amanda asks.

"No I don't" he smiles.

"Ahh I see, careful of Cara she's always on about having children" Amanda replies.

Raf smiles and looks over at Cara who goes red. "She couldn't keep away once Alfie got settled" he says.

Amanda laughs, "Cara if you want him again even for just a cuddle let me know" Amanda smiles.

Cara nods and smiles slightly. "I can't thank you enough for today" Amanda says.

"You're welcome, any time I'm always happy to look after Alfie" Cara smiles.

Amanda picks Alfie's bag up and takes him off Raf. "You should ring me if your not doing anything, we should meet up more often" she smiles. Cara smiles and shows them out.

"Oh don't forget the buggy" Raf calls. He takes it outside and folds it up and puts into Amanda's boot. He smiles and heads back inside.

"Thanks!" She shouts and waves. Cara waves and shuts the door.

"So come on Caz, why were you crying earlier" he asks.

She goes and sits on the sofa and Raf comes and sits beside her.

"So?" He says.

"The thing is... it's just" she starts.

She takes a breath, "when I was with Jed... we hadn't planned anything at the time... but we were happy" she smiles slightly.

"And?" He asks.

"...I fell pregnant, I was going to have a baby... it was the happiest time of my life, I found out at 20 weeks that I was having a little girl, she was small but growing. Then one day I fell at work, and I didn't feel her move... and.... and" she says a she starts to cry.

Her breathing starts to become unsteady and Raf pulls her into a tight hug. He doesn't really say anything but comforts her and holds her tight.

"She would of been five now... so perfect, Jed wasn't there for me he was away on a job" she says in a high pitched voice as she cries.

"It's alright Cara I've got you" he hugs her and strokes her arm.

"I was so alone" she sniffs.

"That's it let it out" he says as he holds her close and lets her cry.

She hugs him and holds herself close and cries into his shoulder.

"Is this why you wanted to do everything for Alfie this morning?" He asks.

"Her Birthday would of been around now, it's just really hard" she explains.

He gives a sympathy smile and kisses her head. She wipes her eyes and smiles as she leans back on Raf.

Raf pulls her onto his lap, "I'm sure you'll have another in time" Raf replied.

She smiles and nods slightly. She closes her eyes. Raf looks down at her, she looks so tired and wore down. "Why don't you go up and lay down and I'll make some hot chocolate for you" he says.

"Thank you" she says as she gets up.

Raf smiles and watches her as she goes to her room.

He sits there for a moment just taking in what Cara had to go through. He goes and makes some hot chocolate for her and takes it up to her.

"Here you go" he smiles as he sets it down on the bed side table.

"Thank you" she smiles. He sits down beside her. "Would you like anything else?" He asks.

"Just a hug" she says and Raf lays down next to her.

He wraps his arms around her and holds her close.

He hands her her hot chocolate and she smiles at him. She has some and he puts it back down. She kisses him and cuddles up to him.

"It's only one in the afternoon and we're already in bed... we must be getting lazy" he smiles.

"I'm not lazy!" She laughs. "Come on then get yourself up, we can go out and get some fresh air" she smiles as she puts her hand on his leg.

"Yeah a nice walk" he smiles.

"No a jog" Cara replies.

"A jog" he laughs.

"Yeah it'll be fun" she smiles as she gets up and changes into her running clothes.

"Alright let's do this" he smiles.

They both get changes and Cara waits downstairs for him.