I want a baby

Cara goes and knocks the door and waits for her mum to answer the door. Raf walks up the drive after locking the car and coming up the driveway.

She sees a shadow appear at the door and the rattle of keys as Karen tries to unlock the door, "oh come on" Karen says.

Karen finally opens the door and greets the two and lets them in.

"How have you been mum" Cara smiles.

"I'm good, Your cousin is in the lounge he quite" Karen smiles.

Cara smiles and walks inside with Raf right behind her.

Cara takes her shoes off and coat and goes through to Gemma her cousin in the lounge.

Gemma immediately gets up and greets Cara, "Cara! Feels like forever" she says cheerfully.

"Gemma oh I know! Must of last seen you in 2008" Cara smiles as she hugs her tightly.

Gemma pulls away from the hug and looks in the direction of Raf. "And finally a proper meeting" she smiles.

"So boyfriend now tell me" Gemma laughs.

"Yeah me and Raf have been together almost a year in two months" Cara smiles.

Raf stands there smiling and takes hold of Cara's hand. "Very nice" Gemma smiles.

Cara then looks over at the baby car seat and smiles, "go ahead" Gemma smiles as she knows Cara is dying to hold him.

Cara smiles and goes over to him. She bends over and picks him up slowly.

"Oh my gosh" Cara says with a smile.

"His name is Charlie" Gemma smiles.

"Look Raf" Cara smiles as she looks up at Raf.

"Cara don't forget he has to stay here" Gemma laughs.

"He's so cute" Cara smiles as she cradles him correctly.

"Yeah he is, look at him" Raf smiles and laughs as Charlie yawns and stretches.

Cara sits down with him and just smiles at him, "oh look at his wee hands" she coos.

She sits there just staring at him and admiring how cute he is.

"How are you now Karen?" Raf asks as he's getting nothing out of Cara.

"As a matter of fact, I'm not doing too bad thank you" she smiles. "And yourself?" She asks.

"I'm good, Cara's just got over some sickness bug... but don't worry Gemma it's been 48hours since she was last sick" Raf laughs.

"She certainly looks alright" she laughs.

Raf watches Cara with Charlie in her arms, "I could just take him home, and cuddle him forever" Cara smiles.

"You can't do that Cara, you'll have to get your own" Gemma smiles.

"Raf I want a baby" Cara smiles as she doesn't look away, still admiring him.

Raf looks at her in shock. "What" he says.

"You heard me" she smiles.

He smiles a little, "oh" he says.

"What?" Cara says as she looks up at Raf, "I spoke to soon" she sighs.

"Don't be silly, you were only saying what you felt" he says.

Cara blushes and looks up at her mum, "Gemma's gone for a lie down, tea or coffee?" Karen asks.

"I'll have a coffee please mum" she smiles.

Karen smiles and heads into the kitchen leaving Cara and Raf with baby Charlie. "I didn't mean to come out with that, I spoke my mind" Cara says.

"Everyone does it, don't apologise" he says.

"Do you want a baby or was it just your ovaries getting excited?" Raf adds.

"Well... I don't know, I would like a baby... but this isn't the place to talk about this. You know my mum gets carried away" Cara says.

"Back home then?" He says.

She smiles to herself "do you seriously want to talk about it?" She says.

"I thought we were going to talk later" he laughs.

She smiles and kisses his cheek before looking down at Charlie.

Karen comes back in and places her coffee on the table. "Thank you" she smiles.

"Your food won't be long" Karen tells them.

Cara nods "okay thanks mum" she smiles.

"Now that's a picture right there, you's two thought of children yet?" Karen asks.

"Here we go" Cara says and looks at Raf.

"I get it I get it" Karen smiles.

"Do you want to hold him Raf? My arm is asleep and it hurts" she says.

"Erm yeah sure" Raf says nervously as he looks down at Charlie.

Cara passes Charlie to him carefully and Raf smiles as he holds him.

"Aw" Raf smiles down at him.

Cara rests her head on Raf's shoulder and smiles.

They sit there together until they are called for dinner.

Cara takes Charlie off Raf and lies him down in the car seat and gets up and goes through to the kitchen.