Heartbreak

Cara goes in and puts the kettle on "so what did you want to talk about? I mean the baby stuff and all that" Cara says.

"Look... sit down" he says and they both sit on the sofa.

Cara looks confused, "when I was with Amy... when the time came to decide on children, things didn't quite work out and we ended up trying for a number of years and...we wasn't successful" he explains and sighs.

"Yeah so? Amy must of been very unlucky to be infertile" Cara says.

"Cara I don't think you understand, I have a low sperm count..." he says. "I don't want you to get any hopes up" he says.

Cara laughs at him "Is this a joke? What are you trying to tell me, stop being a twat" she laughs hitting him playfully.

"I'm being serious" he says with a straight face.

Cara stares at him "what!" She says as her heart breaks.

He sighs and tries to put his arm around her but she pulls away and stands up, "I just want to be on my own" she says.

"Cara wait, I'm sorry" he says as he grabs her wrist.

"What?! You just thought to tell me now? After a bloody year, I can't believe you Raf!" Cara says as she snatches her hand free and goes off upstairs.

She goes into their room and slams the door and slides down it and puts her head in her hands.

She cries quietly to herself, having a baby with Raf was what she wanted the most and now her hopes are shattered.

Raf sits downstairs quietly and goes and make himself and Cara a hot drink. Soon enough Cara makes an appearance again and he takes one look at her puffy eyes and he knows she has been crying. "Here I made you a coffee" he says.

"I'm fine, don't really want it" she says.

"Come on Cara it's hard enough as it is" he says.

"You think it's hard, why couldn't of you told me in the first place" she says in a raised tone as she starts to cry again.

"It's not as easy to talk about it you know!" He says.

"If you loved me enough you'd of told me" she cries.

"Cara I do love you! I..." he says raising his voice slightly.

"Yeah you love me, you wait until after you've been sleeping with me for a whole year and even after you've met my family! Oh god" she cries covering her face with her hands.

"Cara I will pay for you to have a baby" Raf says.

"No! It's not natural!" Cara says.
"You don't get it!" She adds.

"What don't I get?!" He says on a raised tone.

"You can't just make it all better by saying you'll pay!" She cries.

"IVF is just as good as getting pregnant naturally, it's just a little help" Raf replies.

"Even that's doesn't always work Raf!" She says.

"Don't be like that, it's a possibility it won't work, please Cara" he says.

"I just, I just can't" she says walking into the next room.

Raf follows her "Cara darling please, I love you I want a baby just as much as you do!" Raf says.

"Well it certainly shows!" She says sarcastically.

"Cara! Stop listen to yourself, I'm giving you the chance to have a baby and you just can't seem to understand!" Raf shouts.

"Go on Raf. What don't I understand!" She says.

"I'm trying to give you a baby I want to give you a baby, I have the money for the treatment and you just don't get that" Raf says.

"What do you expect when you spring that on me! You probably done this on purpose" she says.

"I haven't babe I love you so much" he sighs and tries to take her hands.

She snatches her hand away, "Do what you like I'm going to bed" she says.

"Cara why don't you stop being such a selfish bitch!" He says.

Cara turns and looks at him completely gob smacked. She slaps him "don't call me that ever again!" She screams.

"Cara your not the only one going through this!" He shouts back.

"You don't know what it's like to be a mum for just little hours, you don't know how great my pain is!" She says.

"Well maybe if you put other people before yourself she would of lived!" He shouts.

Cara's mouth opens out of disbelief of what Raf's just said. She goes into the bedroom and starts to pack a bag as her eyes starts to fill up.

Raf goes upstairs "what are you doing now!" He says.

"I can't stay here" she cries.

"Yes you can you live here, where are you going to go?" He questions.

"I'll go to Morven's" she says and takes her bag into the living room.

She grabs her charger and phone "that's my phone" he says. "Oh" she mumbles.

She puts it down and picks hers up and texts Morven to let her know she's on her way and to prepare a bottle.

"Please Cara" he pleads.

"Save it" she says and starts to make her way out the door.

"I love you" he sighs as she leaves and slams the door.

Please let us know what you think of the story so far as it would mean a lot to know 👍🏻