Coming to stay

She then heads off to the hospital. She parks up and sees Raf waiting for her at the doors, "how was the shopping trip" he smiles as she greets him.

"Good, brought some stuff. Mum knows I'm having a girl now" Cara smiles kisses his cheek.

"I could probably guess how she reacted" Raf laughs.

Cara smiles up at him for a while, "right let's go see my dad... oh that's so weird saying that" Cara chuckles.

Raf laughs, "come on let's go" he smiles.

They head up to Keller to see her dad. But when she gets there she's greeted by Essie.

"Cara, your not due to work are you?" She asks confused.

"No, I'm here to see Gareth Williams" Cara smiles happily.

"Ahh yes, he told me you would be coming, your dad right?" Essie questions politely.

"Yes it is" Cara simply replies.

"Gosh haven't you grown, not long now I guess" Essie smiles as she notices Cara's bump sticking out between her coat.

"About 14 weeks left now" she smiles and rests her hand on her bump.

"Time flies doesn't it" Raf adds with a smile.

"Bit of a miracle baby from what I've heard in the staffroom" Essie smiles.

"She sure is" Cara smiles happily.

"A girl?" Essie smiles happily and they both nod. Essie pulls back the curtain and Cara smiles at her dad.

"Morning dad" Cara smiles and walks up to him.

"Hello sweetie, I thought you'd forgotten" Gareth smiles happily as Cara gives him a hug.

"How are you feeling" she smiles.

"Sore, just want a good pint of beer" he jokes and Cara raises an eyebrow.

"I'm joking don't worry" he laughs.

"Good, well you're coming to stay with us for a while, I want to keep an eye on you" Cara explains seriously.

"What? Are you sure?" He says shocked.

"Of course, best place for you to be, a doctor and a nurse in the house" Raf replies happily as he sits himself down in the chair

"I can't believe you'd do this, I'm so grateful" Gareth smiles.

"You'll be able to stay in the spare room and I'm sure Cara will cook her terrible food for you" Raf jokes happily.

"Hey my food isn't terrible" Cara laughs.

"I've had food poisoning six times, this month alone..." he chuckles as Cara puts her hands over his mouth.

"Ignore him dad" she laughs.

"I'm sure your not that bad" Gareth smiles.

"No I'm not, Raf just likes to make out I'm some psychopathic murderer" Cara explains with a smirks and she sits herself on Raf's lap.

"So have they told you when you can go today" Cara asks.

"As soon as the doctor comes round apparently" Gareth replies as he looks at his phone.

"Dad... I need to ask you a question, it's serious okay?" Cara asks as looks down at her bump.

"Yeah sure anything" Gareth replies.

"You've stopped drinking right?" Cara questions and Raf looks round at her confused.

"Yes, still in remission at the moment but it's been a long road" he tells her.

"Almost there then?" Cara questions.

"You're an alcoholic?" Raf says without thinking.

"Recovering one" Gareth explains.

"Oh right" Raf smiles. He holds Cara close and mutters against her ear. "Remind me to drink at small bottle of gin tonight from Fletch."

"Maybe not buy any for a while" she says.

"If you're talking about my drinking habits... please tell me" Gareth replies.

"Were just making it easier for you when you come to ours" Cara smiles.

"Right. Well I'm not a raving alcoholic" Gareth huffs as he notices the doctor starting his rounds.

"Morning Mr Fullbook, how are we feeling" the doctor smiles as he walks in.

"Better can't wait to go home" Gareth smiles.

"I've just got to do the last checks and do your discharge papers" he smiles.

Gareth nods and watches him. "When do you finish?" Cara mutters to Raf as she kisses his nose.

"I finish lunch time today" Raf smiles.

"That's good I want to make a start on her room today, I need a big hunky man to help me" she giggles and squeezes his bicep.

"Oi you and I'm guessing you'll just sit and watch yeah" Raf laughs.

"I'm the one pregnant... carrying your baby" she smirks known it plays him up.

"Our beautiful baby girl" Raf smiles happily and quickly kisses her.

"Right Mr Fullbrook, I am going to give you a prescription... you need to take two in the morning, one at lunch with food and two in the evening. These are blood thinners, vital you take them" the doctor speaks.

"I'll make sure he does" Cara smiles at her dad.

"Oh Nurse Martinez, long time no see. Haven't seen you since your rotation on gynaecology at Saint James'S. Is this your husband?" He smirks turning to look at Gareth.

"Erm no that's my dad" Cara laughs.

"Well who did Caroline in x-ray say you was with? She calls him lazy sperm. Oh something I can't think for the life of me" he replies.

"Raf did you know about this" Cara laughs.

"What? Are you serious?" Raf says shocked.

"Oh this is your fella? Well he's a lot older than you" he replies.

"Excuse me" Raf says defensively.

"Raf... Just, leave it yeah?" Cara says placing her hand gently on his chest.

The doctor walks off and heads to the next patient.

"I'm sorry" Raf says with smile.

"Right let's get my dad ready" Cara smiles. She grabs a plastic bags she has brought with her and smiles. "Look I didn't know what clothes you needed so I just got you some, hope you don't mind them" Cara adds on happily.

"As long as they fit it'll be fine, thank you" Gareth smiled.

Cara nods and leaves him to get changed.

After, he comes out from behind the curtain, "ready?" Cara asks. He nods and grabs his belongings.