What do I do

Once in the ambulance she sits quietly starring at her Dad. She'd forgotten what he had looked like but she defiantly know he was her father from the features.

She sits watching him with one of the paramedics and her mind flashes back to the past. Although she can't remember much. She does recall him letting her down loads and leaving her on her own and going off, leaving her all by herself only aged 5 or 6

She sits there thinking for a bit until they reach the hospital and she stands. "You're going to be fine dad" Cara smiles cheerfully.

"Cara" he mumbles as they get him out and get him inside.

"Dad you've got to keep that on..." Cara says softly as he removes his oxygen mask.

They take Gareth where he's due to be and update the doctors on his situation.

"Just wait here for me please Miss" a nurse says as she take Gareth through to Resuss.

Cara takes a breath and stands by the window watching in. Mrs Beauchamp and a few other doctors enter the resuss area and get on with treating her dad.

A few moments later Raf has arrived, "Cara" he says as he finds where she is.

"Raf! Thank god you're here" she smiles.

"What's happening" he asks.

"I don't know... they're working on him... I need to call Mum. Wait but would she want to see him, I don't know, maybe I should. Raf... what do I do, I feel so torn... he was useless when I was a child. Do I let him back in 20 years later?" Cara witters to herself.

"I don't know, it's a tricky situation, it's honestly your decision but if you want get answers that's fine, I would think your mum would want to know that you've made contact with him again" Raf explains.

"No... he found me. I didn't even want anything to do with him... now he's begging me to let him have a second chance with our daughter... Raf I can't let him let her down, just like he did with me" Cara says as Raf guides her to some seats.

"Cara you don't have to make any big decisions right now, ok" he tries to reassure her.

Cara sits down and sighs. "I've put all this stress on him now. What if he dies" Cara mutters.

"Look think positive, I shall go get you some water or something " Raf smiles.

"Thank you" she sighs as Raf goes to get her a drink.

Cara sits patiently waiting for Raf to return or even a doctor to come and update her on the situation.

A few people come into the room and she tries to catch someone. Without thinking she walks into resuss and watches them work around her dad. Connie turns around and notices Cara. "Someone get her out of here place" Connie announces.

"No please someone tell me what's happening" Cara insists.

"Get out!" Connie shouts at Cara making her jump.

Cara huffs and storms out the room and bumps into Raf with the drinks.

"What have you been doing" Raf sighs.

"Trying to get them to tell me what's going on" she sighs.

"You're here as a relative... leave it for now Cara" Raf replies and decides to walk her away towards the relatives room.

"Your right... I think its time I should phone my mum..." Cara mumbles and goes trough her bag.

"Are you after this?" Raf says as he pulls her phone out his pocket.

"Thanks" she smiles and takes her phone.

She calls her mum and waits her for to answer. "...mum... no... wait... let me talk for once, Look don't want you to be angry... no I haven't... don't be angry... but I've found Dad... no... he found me Mum" Cara starts.

"Cara slow down... say that again?" Karen says to make sure she's heard right.

"I've found Dad. Well he found me, don't go crazy" Cara says.

"I'm not... I mean, how? We haven't even heard from him in what... 20 years" Karen digs at.

"God knows how he found me Mum, he knows I'm pregnant... and well now he's in hospital. Suspected Heart Attack" Cara explains.

"I'm on my way!" Karen speaks and then hangs up before Cara can speak again.

Cara goes silent and lifts the phone away from her ear and looks at Raf.

"I think she's on a war path" Cara mutters.

"Why what did she say?" He asks.

"She's on her way" Cara replies awkwardly.

"Oh... maybe she does care, even the slightest?" Raf gives suggestions.

"My mum made a promise that if she ever saw him again she'd detach balls and fry them for his dinner... yeah she hated him" Cara explains as she leans against Raf.

"Oh Cara" he says and puts his arm around her.